Brave Blu-Ray/DVD Discussion

Here is the cover art for the Blu-Ray.

The cover art looks pretty good. I’m looking forwart to getting it on home video.

At least it’s not that one awful excuse of a DVD cover shown in the bottom-left corner here. D: I would have cried if that ended up being the legit cover.

I’m glad they picked this one, though I would have loved to see the Japanese movie poster image as the cover, instead. But they usually never really pick the better images for their DVD/Blu-ray covers, anyway. :confused:

little chef

Something looked a bit off on the animation of the three lords on that one cover.

I agree, I thought the same thing!! Almost like they’re not even fully rendered and detailed and stuff. :confused:

little chef

Already? It’s not even been released in the UK yet.

Yeah. Something about Merida’s face just looks a bit odd.

Geoff: It’s not released here, either… but you can pre-order it in America already. As far as I know, there is still no official DVD/Blu-ray release date, but I did just check Amazon and it is indeed being listed for pre-orders.

little chef

I can’t wait! I wonder what special features will be on it. La Luna is a given, as are MU teaser (which version? o_0 8D ) and maybe Wreck-It Ralph trailer. What I’m wondering is will there be a feature based-short or just La Luna? Also, will the DVD and Blu-Ray features be the same, and will the new Blu-Ray features be exclusive to the 3D combo pack like Cars 2?

I think it’s kinda lazy. I wish they used a less known image of Merida or at least mess with it. There are fan works that are better then that.

The cover art they do for Pixar films is always astounding to me… I have my eyes on the Deluxe 3D Blu-Ray/DVD Combo… I can’t wait! Pixar always puts amazing stuff on their blu-ray releases! And for some reason I have this love of those awesome slipcovers :slight_smile:
Now, I’ll just have to somehow wait five months and a week before I watch it again… I hope to get it for Christmas and, as is my custom with Pixar movies, I watch it for the first time since seeing the theatrical release on the 26th.

I, too, am anticipating that Blu-Ray 3D combo pack, OwP! :stuck_out_tongue: I can’t get enough Pixar Blu-ray either! I also hope for Pixar Shorts 2, and Finding Nemo and Up 3D Blu-Rays for Christmas or my birthday later.

I can’t wait for Brave’s BluRay or the Pixar Short Films Volume 2 one!

Here is the Blu-Ray.com review:

[url]Brave 3D Blu-ray (Ultimate Collector's Edition)

Allrighty, Brave has now left the confines of the theaters and the Pixar “Vault” to come to our homes! Now, the hunt is on as I must find the best deal on the most deluxe version so I can get this little gem for Christmas! I look forward to it with eager anticipation! XD

I got the DVD on the 13th. It was $15, so I thought I might as well get it then. Yay! Except I wish I could see the Blu-Ray features since people are saying how great they are. Maybe I’ll just rent the Blu-Ray later. :laughing: The bonus features on the DVD are decent, though.

Oh, there are bonus features period on the DVD? That’s good news in itself. 8D My Up DVD didn’t even come with a commentary…? :frowning:

I bought the 3D Blu Ray as an early Christmas present for myself and rewatched it last night!
I’d seen Madagascar 3 in 3D the night before, and just comparing the way each movie utilized their 3D effects reminded me that even when they’re out of their element, Pixar comes out on top. I almost stopped watching Madagascar 3 halfway through, Melman’s head keeps poking out of the screen and there are so man gimmicky things like that it was impossible to watch without being distracted.

Anyway, back on topic, I put the 2D disc in to check out the bonus features and my computer’s Blu Ray software crashed and told me the disc was unsupported, so I’m going to try to fix it this weekend. :confused:

Yeah, there are two short films and a commentary. My Up DVD didn’t come with a commentary either! That was so disappointing.

Ah, glad I’m not the only one then! :confused: I was confused by that.

I was stupid and forgot to put the Brave DVD on my Christmas list, so I’ll probably be buying it myself fairly soon.