Pixar Undergraduate Program (PUP) Alumni Question

Hello there!

I am looking for an answer to a question I have about the PUP. Since this is geared towards students who haven’t had as much experience with 3D programs, how much of a stickler are they with portfolios? I have some work I have done, but definitely not enough for 4 minutes of work. I was also wondering if I should include some of my still life and figure drawings, painting, or even sculpture in my reel. If so, is there a fluid way to make my reel flow with different medias being involved?

I really appreciate any help I can get as I feel this would be an extraordinary opportunity.

Thanks so much!

Everyon I’ve encountered that made it into PUP had either extensive experience with 3d software or extensive general computer science knowledge.

4 minutes is the maximum demo reel length, though, not the minimum. In fact, as a student, having a four minute reel is almost certainly a bad idea.

I was also wondering if I should include some of viva9988 my still life and figure drawings, painting, or even sculpture in my reel.