Pixar lays off nearly 5% of staff.

ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/ … 0a13000026

So sorry to read this. I can’t stand the greed in this world. So one movie misses it’s release date! With all the money Pixar, or should I saw Disney, has made over the years, they shouldn’t lay anybody off. One of the things I admire about Nintendo is the fact that recently somebody asked the guy if there will be lay offs because of the small profits Nintendo is making because of the Wii U struggling. He said there will be none.

It is sad, but something to keep in mind was that this wasn’t just one movie missing its release date, it’s five movies in a row which have had director replacements or other major changes. Newt, Brave, Cars 2, Monsters 2, The Good Dinosaur… It’s a miracle that it’s managed one movie a year!

Remember when Pixar released its film schedule several years ago and 2011 was supposed to be the first year Pixar released two films? (Newt in the summer, Brave in the fall). Well the schedule slipped… The studio had staffed up for the one-movie-every-8-months schedule, but it was never able to make that target. Eventually it had to make reductions.

The issues isn’t that Pixar isn’t making enough money, or that their budgets are too high; it’s that with the schedule change, there weren’t any projects ongoing at the studio for those fifty people to work on.

I agree with the point that they added people to make these extra movies. Perhaps they were over ambitious? All those movies would be an awful lot of work and perhaps they thought they could do more than they were able to.

I was unaware that Teddy Newton was no longer working at Pixar and that Mark Andrews had also signed with an outside agency. Does that mean he left the company too? Were they laid off?