Pixar Summer Internship 2014

Hey guys, it’s that time of the year again! Today was the deadline for the art internship with Pixar, so it’s time to get the thread rolling. New year, new thread, new possibilities! I went through the process last year, and came up just a tad short, but hoping that the past year of effort will pay off.
Who else applied for an internship here? And if you did, which one?

This is my first time applying! I applied to the Marketing Internship position though. How far did you get into the process and do you have any tips?

Its hard to say really. It’s really about studying past people’s portfolios that were able to get in, as well as the films in the pipelines and gearing what you do towards what they’ll need help with. At least it’s how the art department works. As far as marketing, just make sure you study past people and what they’re doing now. And best of luck!

Hey DemLion, it’s great to see you here again!

It’s great to see DemLion AND you as well KevHoang back on here. I was curious when a thread would be posted on this years internships. Now it’s time to sit back, relax, and wait for the answer.

Hello guys :slight_smile: I am new to Pixar planet. I applied for the Art and animation internship (though I mostly focused on Art) and I was just wondering if anyone knew how long it would take to hear back from Pixar? I know it’s really early right now, but I’m just curious.
Thanks!

Hi,
Im new to this forum but I applied this year for a Art Internship ITS VERY EXCITING!

Hey guys, it’s awesome to see you guys here again, and welcome to the new folks! Looks like a few of us are vying for an art internship here too. Anyone want to post some of their work?

I’m really nervous because I found out today that my cover letter is really crappy lol
I applied for the art and animation internship and had to put my demo reel on the same page as my portfolio >___< I really hope it doesn’t hurt my chances…adgsahgfshaa

And oh yes how exciting that there are so many of us applying for the art internship!
here’s my portfolio: najjaporterart.weebly.com/portfolio.html

New on this forum, but I’m a second time submitter to the art internship, here’s my portfolio:

[url]https://dylanmwrightart.squarespace.com/[/url]

even though it’s early, good luck to everyone!

I applied for the pup internship again. Hopefully things go better than last year, but I’m a little concerned since I’m a junior this year that I might be too old. Good luck to everyone else who applied for internships :slight_smile:

@Bloochikin - I wouldn’t worry about the cover letter to much. We just had a guest lecture that was talking about how what matters is the portfolio/reel and that he would be really upset if a talented person wasn’t looked at just cause of a cover letter.

@Boggsy - I would say there is no need to be concerned. Pup program is for undergraduates.

Hey guys, sorry for the delay with replying, been running around a LOT this week. Here’s some of the work I submitted for the internship, but not all of it. Still updating my website atm as well.

dropbox.com/sh/rmunxriflnvectp/T8SGWnT943

@DemLion, you’re stuff is really cool! I really like the twelfth image, I think that’s a neat design.

Here’s what I submitted, it’s all photography right now since I’m also using this site for a class, but I guess it works
[url]http://hboggs.wix.com/hannahboggs#!photography/c1kkr[/url]

Dylan, your portfolio is incredible. Best of luck!

Hey there, I’m from Germany, applying for the art intern too :smiley: . I’ m so excited!! Seen lots of cool artwork on your pages. Good luck to everyone!

[url]http://www.kaspar.schaeper.info/[/url]

Sorry for bad spelling :confused:

Thank you! Good luck to you too!

Great work, your backgrounds have beautiful light!

Wow your guys portfolios are amazing Im definatly feeling that theres a lot of competition, heres mine moodymiss.com/ good luck to you all!

I dont know about you guys, but I really hope to get you all better as the process goes on, and wishing everyone the best! Last years board for this went on for 60+ pages of awesome, and from what I’m seeing already, this years process will be even better! Also wouldn’t mind collaborating down the line with you guys. So where’s everyone from?

PCA&D in Lancaster PA here

I am a first time poster and second time applicant to the internship program. I applied last year and didn’t get it. But I applied this year and and keeping my fingers crossed. I applied for the Editorial internship. Here is the reel I submitted

vimeo.com/87962533

Good luck to everyone! And others who have gotten calls back when do they normally start calling or sending stuff? Im curious and anxious.