Pixar Internship Question!

Hello, fantastic Pixar people! I have a befuddlement I so hope you lot might help clear up…

I am very interested in an internship at Pixar (as many are.) Particularly, I am interested in the Archives Intern position that occasionally appears. However, unlike many other internships offered, I noticed one of the requirements is:
“Must have valid California driver’s license.”

Now, I have a car, insurance, and a license but it is not a California one. However, I don’t understand why it must be a California license. Even if I have a different one, I am not banned from driving in California because of it! If it because of housing, I am more than happy to relocate for the duration of the internship. Therefore, I don’t quite understand the intention of this requirement…

Any thoughts?

I think since Pixar is in California, I think it would make sense that one would require a California driver’s license. If you are gonna intern there for a long duration, it would make sense for one to get a CA Driver’s Licence.

A very good thought! However, there are other internships offered by Pixar do not specifically require this. Therefore, theoretically, a person with a different state license could still apply to those other internships.

I wonder why it is this particular role that has this requirement?

I read the description, maybe a license is required for this:
“Supporting archivists by moving collections between buildings and to/from clients in the studio”
Now this may just mean that the buildings are close to one another. But I guess archivists must travel farther to collect other materials. But, that’s just my two cents.

You share my thoughts exactly with what the internship might require. However, couldn’t one simply do this with any ol’ license? One isn’t banned from simply driving in California if their license is from a different state!

I wonder if I’d be immediately weeded out if I apply anyway… I also wonder if they are only looking for local applicants, however?

You bring up a good point. I’m not sure whether or not Pixar is rigid with that specific requirement. Apply for a Cali license as a last resort but just apply anyway, assuming the other requirements are fully met. Good luck! :slight_smile: