Violet: Pixar's Foray into Live Action

Thomas of Upcoming Pixar stumbled upon Alex Mandel’s blog entry about Violet, a live-action short drama directed by Mark Andrews that happens to be the first film release from Pixar University.

prepares rolled up newspaper for TSS comment :stuck_out_tongue:

~~=oP

Hmmm…
Pixar University films.
Can’t wait for a wide release!
Oh, BTW I don’t think it has anything to do with Violet Parr.

It doesn’t. smack :stuck_out_tongue:

~~=oP

And don’t expect a wide release.

a) It’s a short film
b) It’s a PU Short Film (not as much a part of Disney as the studios are)
c) It’s a short film.

We may see this on a DVD though in the future.

Ouch
Well it’s just an indie and not really Pixar so I’m not dying to see it but if I have the chance to, I will!
Prediction: Since it’s 21 minutes long that would be perfect to televise, and no, I’m not thinking of Disney Channel! Maybe on ABC since it’s Disney owned, as a “TV special”.

Well, this caught m eye in an instant. I am a little surprised that it isn’t TI related, but I can’t wait to see it. Good luck to Andrews and company.

(prepares for newspaper whap!)

Martini, don’t get your hopes up.

I highly doubt that it would air on ABC or the Disney Channel. It is a student film, and although it was aired at MVFF, I doubt it will go any further than that. Maybe we will see it one day on the Pixar Short Film Collection: Volume 2.

The cool part though is it’s now eligible for the Live Action Short Film Oscar. =D

Good luck Mark!

Well, I’m not sure if this is Pixar or not, but since it comes from Pixar university, I want to see it.

Also, why did they have to call it Violet? They’ll probably get many questions like “Is this to do with The Incredibles?” Which is what I would have asked. Heh.

Yeah, it made me double take too… prepares self for smack

TSS, rachelcakes, and FigmentJedi

whackity schmackity doo :stuck_out_tongue:

~~=oP

Geeez, before I get whaped again by PV, I would like to know at least a summary for “Violet”.

It’s not a synopsis but this should give you some idea.

[via MVFF]

Aww, it sounds like it is really going to be quite a heart touching short. Thanks bawpcwpn.

I also heard about this via Upcoming Pixar…and the first thing that popped into my mind was Violet Parr from The Incredibles. Needless to say, I was rather taken aback when I learned that it is, indeed, a short film created by some up-and-coming geniouses at the Pixar University*. On the plus side, it’s nice to know that some of the students there are rolling out their work for the public to see! I hope that we’ll get to view this short production in the future…

Speaking of the film in question, you can listen to the theme track for it on Alex Mandel’s official website. Below is the official website and a link to the theme song for Violet:

alexmandelmusic.blogspot.com/

0204e88.netsolhost.com/mp3s/Violet.mp3

It’s actually pretty freaky. I was weirded out the first time I heard it, albeit entranced at the same time. Gives you shivers, it does (it freaked me out, at least)…

[b]Credit for the top link goes to Thomas Huxley/bawpcwpn and PV.[/b]

• Abbreviation for Pixar University = “PU”. Couldn’t they have thought of a better name then that? On the plus side, it’s kinda funny to say. :stuck_out_tongue: (snigger)

– Mitch

Quick fun fact from To Infinity and Beyond!:
John Lasseter chose the name just for the initials!

martini833 - Really? How awesome! Bonus points to Mr. Lasseter for having a sense of humor! :smiley: :wink:

– Mitch

Do you mean martini833. :stuck_out_tongue:
lennonluvr9 hasn’t even posted here LOL!

martini833 - Woah! I’m terribly sorry about that. I edited my post immediately…

Thank you for alerting me to my mistake. :wink:

– Mitch

Oh, it’s ok Mitch!
That was a good laugh!
Back on topic?