university of pixar

Hi,
I wanted to know how can I apply for university of pixar.

I think I’ve seen this thread somewhere before.

Anyway, if I’m not wrong, you have to work at Pixar in order to apply for Pixar University.

As far as I’m aware, Pixar University isn’t what you’d call a traditional university, but is something for employees only. I don’t think it matters exactly what job you do at Pixar, but you do have to become an employee first, whether that be on the animation side of things or the storyboard side of things or whatever, in order to actually attend the University.

Don’t quote me on that, though. I’m sure other people on here know more about it than I do, but I think we might’ve had a discussion about this once before. So I guess the answer is, get a job at Pixar! :laughing:

i dont know much but i believe it is for employees as lizardgirl said, where they offer courses for enrichment. so basically if youre the janitor or you work in the cafe, you could try an art course for fun, and i heard they even do things like yoga. so i guess its like free activities for any and all staff members at the studio to expand their skills and just to have fun trying new things!

but dont quote me on that. thats going from memory on what i read in the book “to infinity and beyond” :wink:

Um, I don’t really know anything about Pixar university but I know Pixar only accepts employees from BYU (I’m gonna go there!)
By the way, ecco, welcome to Pixar Planet. PM me for anything you need to know. :smiley: