Internship/Contacting Pixar

Hey! I’m looking at applying for an internship with Pixar, but being from Australia I have a couple of questions. I was looking for an email to contact Pixar on, so I could ask them this myself, but since I couldn’t find one, I thought I would ask you guys (and girls.)

1. Do they pay for your flight?, and then from the airport to Pixar? So If I get into a Pixar internship, do I have to pay for my airfare? and travel to Pixar?

2. Do they have dorms? Do you have to room with someone?

3. How much do they pay you?

4. Do you have to pay for meals?

5. Do you get weekends off? Are there any limitations? Curfew?

There was something else, but I cant remember it… So I’ll add it in when I do.

The only question I can answer is that they do provide housing for their interns. I don’t know about the rest.

You could try contacting Pixar by phone (probably not too cheap if you’re calling from Australia though) or even try writing a letter.

Pixar Animation Studios
1200 Park Avenue
Emeryville, California 94608
Telephone: 510 922-3000

Sorry I can’t be much help, but I hope you find the information you are looking for! And welcome to the boards by the way :slight_smile:

Are you looking for a paid internship? Because many internships here are unpaid. Yer there just to gain experience, not as a job. Now, I’m not sure if that’s how Pixar deals with theirs or not. Off the top of my head. I assume you checked out the University Programs section on the Pixar site? Although I think most of your questions would probably be best answered if you directly contacted them.

From what I’ve seen, the majoirty of the Pixar internships are paid. I know the meals for employees are paid for, but I’m not entirely sure about interns. Intersn regularly have lunch with various higher ups, so I’d say they probably pay for meals. I think the free cereal is open to interns as well. I am also pretty sure that they give you time off because they have a bunch of activities (like games and movies) planned for interns, if I remember correctly, so I’d think time off would be included as well.

From what I understand, Pixar interns are pretty much treated like full-time employees, with a few differences.

1. Do they pay for your flight?, and then from the airport to Pixar? So If I get into a Pixar internship, do I have to pay for my airfare? and travel to Pixar?

They’ll pay for your flight and transportation.

2. Do they have dorms? Do you have to room with someone?

The studio rents out apartments for the interns, and yes you’ll probably be rooming with someone… if not several someones.

1. How much do they pay you?

I’m not sure about this one anymore, but they do pay you… and probably more than you could make at a regular summer job.

4. Do you have to pay for meals?

Yes, everyone at the studio pays for their own meals.

1. Do you get weekends off? Are there any limitations? Curfew?

You get weekends off, unless you want to come in and work, but they don’t really encourage it. No real limitations… you’re an adult.

Thanks for the info weirdworm! Nice to know all of this since I will be applying for an animation internship next year.

Wait do they take new interns every year (I’m only 13, so I really don’t know much about the whole intern thing)

Wait do they take new interns every year (I’m only 13, so I really don’t know much about the whole intern thing)

Almost always… but it really depends on the department and how busy they are.

Thanks, good to know since I will most definitely be applying for one in 10 years, or so :smiley:

Wow. Not a bad set-up there. And it sounds better than many internships I’ve heard about!

I wouldn’t think they would cover your flight or meals. I can see the dorm over the summer because they get a lot of interns probably from around the US. I, personally, just hope the dorms are covered. I don’t mind paying for my food and flight out there. You spend three months out there so I would think they would handle dorms and just not pay you as much to cover the cost. Almost like the mother company Disney. I haven’t been able to find out what they cover besides pay. I have a back up incase I have to find a place to live. I just hope I get this internship.

They actually do cover the flight, or at least they did as of a few years ago. You have to cover most of your own meals, though.

Cool. I didn’t know if it was by the basis of the department in which they decide.