Pixar Undergraduate Program

So, I applied for the Pixar Undergraduate Technical Director Program. The deadline was March 15. I’m going crazy waiting for a reply.

I’ve called and the operator it sent me to was like a voice recording “All the info is on the web site” “The web site says a minimum of four weeks”

I look at the FAQs and it says they don’t send individual feedback - so does that mean I’m not even going to get a rejection e-mail? Or will I only be contacted if I’m accepted

I’m just wondering what to expect. This is my last week of school and I have NO idea what I’m doing for the summer, because if Pixar accepts me I’m of course dropping everything. Does anyone know how they’re going to do this or who I can contact to get answers?

Thanks!

Hey…
I know all about what the website says about not hearing a response unless they were interested ( i cant remember the exact wording of it) But I applied for a job there in Feburary and in march I recieved an email from them saying ’ we ere impressed but no job for your skill set yada yada’ basically a rejection letter. I dont know if its standard for them to send rejection letters or not, but I DID recieve one.
I know that this doesnt help much, But its all I can tell ya.
Good Luck!

I applied to the Pixar Undergraduate Technical Director Program as well. When I had called to confirm my application arriving (which they couldn’t confirm), the lady I talked to said everyone would be contacted if they got in or not. I received my first rejection from Pixar a few weeks ago, so maybe things are looking good for you then? I guess just keep continuing to wait. Since the program starts in June, they’d have to get back to you fairly soon. Otherwise, I guess you can take it that you didn’t get in if it gets into mid-late May and you still haven’t heard back.

Welcome to the forums by the way, p0lkadot and Jsmead! :slight_smile:

i would love to apply for a position with pixar, but i KNOW i wouldn’t get in yet.

as for you, p0lkadot, good luck with your application:D i hope you get it!

Jsmead and Hannahmation, i hope you both didn’t look at your rejections as failures. i know a lot of people who would. just look at it as an opportunity to tweak your skills:D eventually you might be able to get in to pixar and it’ll be the greatest experience^^

Oh, don’t worry Chiyo18! I look at as a learning step in my journey. I’ll be trying again next year, but this time for the animation internship… I learned I’m not as passionate about the technical side as I am animating. :slight_smile:

i wish i could try out for the animation internship, but i’m not in college, and i was told those are only for college and university students:( blast~~’

good luck with that though:D i love animating^^ it’s tedious work, but so much fun!

I actually did get an interview for that internship( undergraduate technical) Most stressfull interview of my life. It was a phone interview and I was on speaker phone with 4 technical directors and 1 HR person. I could hear my voice in echo as I was speaking. Got news 3 weeks later saying that I was still in consideration. I really thought I would get in. Then late April got that “copy/paste insert name here” email…

what email is that??

Is that a denial??

Yeah sorry for not specifing was talking about that famous email:

Thank you for taking the time to speak with us regarding the Pixar Undergraduate Program. While, we were extremely impressed with your background, we won’t be moving forward at this time…ETC

wow, that sucks:( don’t give up though! you know the old saying, “when at first you don’t succeed, try try again!”:smiley:

I’m bumping this because I applied this year and am wondering if anyone else did too :astonished:

yeah, if anyone has applied and got it or didn’t get it, what was the date you heard back? was p0lkadot’s case just a rare one? because april 29th seems really late. and I’M DYING OVER HERE!!!

I’m planning on applying after my freshman or sophomore year in college, but I’m planning now. My career adviser is going to have me knocking down their door as soon as I find out who they are.

Ahh me too… i try not to think about it but it’s too hard haha :unamused:

Fingers crossed for both of us!

If you are chosen for an interview, youll get an email the week after the deadline, if not you get an email after the person is chosen (about 4 weeks later or more) saying you werent chosen

I’ve got an interview!
They contacted me April 1 (Which has me a little worried) saying that an HR employee is gonna contact me and set up an interview with me and some TD’s.

Any tips for the interview? I’m pretty nervous, but I’m focusing on staying calm, and trying to communicate what I could bring to the program.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

I got an interview as well on April 1 :slight_smile:

Nice!

Congratulations!!

If I was doing the interview, I’d probably think of a couple things that are really unique that you can bring to the program. :slight_smile:

Good luck!!

Have either of you guys been contacted by the person who’s supposed to schedule it? I got the email saying they wanted to talk to me on April 5 and they said someone would be in contact “shortly” but I haven’t heard anything.

Congrats to us all! =)