at Pixar, Who receives Cover Letter

Does anyone who has internship experience at Pixar know the name of the staff at Pixar who receives cover letter? I am writing my cover letter for the 2011 internship application, but I hate to start with Dear Sir or Miss or To whom it may concern. So can anyone help? Or can I use: Dear Pixarian?

Anyone who is writing a business letter, if they are unsure of who exactly will be receiving it, should always put “To whom it may concern”, even if it sounds bland or unoriginal. However, it is professional, and that’s important.

I’m no expert, and have never applied for an internship at Pixar, but I’d say just stick with that, and you should be good. :wink:

little chef

Hi little chef:
Thanks for your reply. I think I’d take your advice on this. I was going to use “To whom it may concern” anyway, I just need to find out that using this does not sound very rude. I think your reply have made clear of this.

It really doesn’t matter. I’m under the impression that they first screen the reels and then the paperwork. Your reel is the first thing that you have to get yourself in the door.