Happy Birthday, John Lasseter!

I’ve looked through a few threads and I’m very surprised I haven’t seen one on this yet! So it’s Lasseter’s birthday today, my all-time hero and an inspiring guy, as you’ll all agree :wink: He is too good for words for the things he’s done in the animation industry. And I hope you have an awesome day, JL! :smiley:

Happy Birthday, John Lasseter! :smiley:

I saw this on Reelz Channel, and threw such a fit!

Ami, I totally agree with your statements. :laughing: May he have 54 more birthdays, or more! Really, though, I think PP should make him a card and send it to Disney. :smiling_imp:

One of the most talented people on earth, Happy Birthday to my Pixar Director, just give us good films, sorry, very good films like you promised, now I can not imagine my life without Pixar, thanks God this incredible man was born, John is to Pixar what Woody means to Andy

Happy Birthday John Lasseter !!!

No way! Somebody in my class at school has his birthday today too! Happy Birthday JL!

Happy Birthday JL!

I’m a day late, but anyway, Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday John Lasseter! Well, belated. I hope you had a great day, and hope for many more fun birthdays to come!

Happy Belated Birthday, Mr Hawaiian-Shirt Man. You are an inspiration to artists, young-at-heart adults, and dreamers everywhere. :slight_smile:

haha, a little bit late but still; Happy Birthday!

Happy birthday John Lasseter!

Happy Birthday John Lasseter!

Happy Birthday John Lasseter, and thank you for being such an inspiration in both modern day animation and filmmaking. You truly have a strong passion for quality storytelling and the heart and soul of your characters, and because of that it’s something that I think more on now as well.

Happy very late Birthday JL!

Sorry for the late post. Just wanted to post the card we sent to John for his birthday:

He was really nice to us and we just wanted to send something each year to thank him for all that he has done over the year.

Hi Jeremy Hopkins, are you a Pixarian?

And I love the picture on the postcard, but what is it about? :question:

Hi driveintheatre, I’m not a Pixarian though maybe someday I’ll make the cut :slight_smile: The drawing is based off the ‘baby mine’ sequence from Dumbo. It’s one of John’s favorite films and I added the twist with a Bobcat instead of a baby elephant and figured a prison would be a shed for reposed vehicles instead of cage with a mad mother elephant. [url]Baby Mine-Dumbo & His Mommy - YouTube

Ah, I see the reference! What a heartbreaking scene, I should give Dumbo a rewatch one day. Great mash-up with the Cars world, jeremyhopkins, quite clever since Bobcat shovels can be thought of like ‘beasts of burden’ as seen with the tractors in the first movie and the bulldozers in El Materdor.

Do you have a dA account?

Happy Birthday, John Lasseter! :smiley:

Happy Birthday! I’m sure Brave winning a Golden Globe last night was a great present! He looked so happy at the ceremony last night.