Making Phone Calls To Pixar

Hey everyone,

Has anyone tried calling the Pixar front desk? Can you actually get through to a receptionist? If you try getting a hold of a particular department, what happens?

I’m sure something like this has already been discussed, but I couldn’t find anything.

Oh yes i have called pixar twice but i found out they close at around 6:00pm
the only problem is i just don’t know what to say or who to talk too.

I’ve never had a reason to call them, and I’m sure they’re very busy. After all, they’re one of the biggest movie companies in Cali.

I’ve tried. It’s pretty neat. "Thank you for calling Pixar Animation Studios in sunny Emeryville, CA, please pick a department, or if you know who you want to talk to, please say their name"
And you can continue past that, I think.

LOL did they say 'Sunny Emeryville, CA"?? That’s hilarious! I have never been to the East Bay and had it be sunny.

Yeah, they actually did.

I would reccomend not calling them. They’re very busy people. If you really feel an innermost desire to connect with them, write a fan letter. :smiley:

My new life ambition is to become Pixar Animation Studio’s receptionist! :smiley:

That would be sa-weet!

Have you tried asking to speak to Buzz to see where they transfer you? :slight_smile:
[note: I’m kidding folks, obviously…]

How far did you get?

You may be kidding, but that’s actually an interesting possibility!

Anyway, I side with most comments here that the Pixarians are busy enough and shouldn’t be bothered with ‘cold calls’ unless you know them personally or you would like to get a job with them (and even then, you should go through the proper channels like resume and demo reel submissions).

Calling them for no reason than a chat borders on creepy obsession, although I must admit, I’ve never thought of that possibility before!

I wonder how many times the receptionist/PR rep gets called by curious fans every day!

I called Dream Works not too long ago and I asked to speak to someone in Public Relations regarding an internship, but she said they don’t offer any information over the phone. That was understandable but she wasn’t the nicest lady in the world…

iExplode: Have you tried Pixar, and if you did, did you have a friendlier response?

I called once but it was after hours so I just got the recording and I went no further.

I’d like to call again but I don’t want to be “that” guy…

I called twice for Pixar, but I noticed that only problem is I do not know what to say or to talk to.

Please don’t spam our boards with your websites - Rachel.

Probably because you’re not really a Pixar fan - just a spammer here to promote your website. =)

I called once, to ask about some complex (okay, just plane hard-to-explain) things involving my making movies there some day :laughing: . But I didn’t know what department to ask for, so I asked for the operator. She was super nice. But I never did get a definitive answer. I really should’ve asked to be re-directed to the right department. And don’t be afraid to say “first time caller;” trust me, it made me a whole lot more comfortable. But, yeah, I’d say only call if you have a legit question to ask, even if it is a simple one. Don’t call just to say, “Hi! What did you have for lunch” :laughing: .

That’s great that you called Violet, I have a fear of talking on the phone! Well, not fear, but I’m uncomfortable with it! Thanks for sharing those tips!