Pixar Planet

Are Woody and Jesse brother and sister?

This is the history of Pixar Planet. Threads that are past their prime are preserved here in an unaltered fashion for the future enjoyment of all. No posts may be added in this forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Are Woody and Jesse brother and sister?

Postby Le_chocolat » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:39 am

Sorry if this is a stupid question that everyone already knows, but I've always wondered this. But in Woody's Roundup, were Woody and Jesse supposed to be brother and sister? Was this ever established?
Number of times I've seen WALL-E: 25
"The Garden": a WALL-E fan fiction Winner of the WALL-E Forum 2008 Fan Fiction Award
"Something Right": a WALL-E music video Winner of Best Overall Video and Best Song Choice in the WALL-E Forum 2009 Fan Video Contest
Le_chocolat
Mutant Toy

Postby Captain Pan » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:30 am

Now that is a rather intriguing question.

However I read through the body Language and relationship between Jessie towards Woody in the Roundup Cartoons that Jessie and Woody were more along the lines of romance.

But then I could and most probably am wrong.
Captain Pan
Garbage Boy

Postby Fairly Odd New Yorker » Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Their own relationship in the film seems very brother-sister-like, but in the show, I think she was intended as a love interest.

I like how Pixar doesn't play her off to be romantic with Woody. It makes it like "oh yeah, they're together in this movie or show, but them as toys don't really think of each other 'that way'." It's almost as if they're just professional actors! :lol:
Fairly Odd New Yorker
Master Scarer

Postby lizardgirl » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:32 pm

Hmm, I never thought about that. Good question, Le_Chocolat. I think I agree with what FONY said, that in Woody's Round-up they had a bit of a thing, but in 'real life', they're just very good friends. The idea of them being brother and sister sort of begs the question- do toys have other toys that they consider as family members? I know you've got Zurg and the other Buzz toy in Toy Story 2 acting as father and son, but that seems to be a rare exception.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby The Star Swordsman » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:04 pm

I think Jessie and Woody are the best of friends in stead of brother and sister or love partners.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Rac_Rules » Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:30 pm

That would be an interesting twist in the Woody's Roundup show. Jesse dumps Woody for Buzz Lightyear! :lol:

Yeah, I think they are LIKE brother and sister, but toys can't have biological siblings. I haven't seen that much of TS2 so I don't know much about Woody's Roundup, but I am glad Pixar didn't go the easy way and make her a love interest in the movie. Plus that would mean dumping Bo Peep, and that would cause complications...
I'm a Pixarteer!
Rac_Rules
Master Scarer

Postby bright dot-dasher » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:37 am

Good question! I haven't thought of that. It might be, but on the show, they didn't hint it that much. They are certainly like siblings, or close friends.
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby lennonluvr9 » Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:28 pm

I never thought of that! They do kinda act like it, but maybe they themselves dont even know. I cant say I really got the feeling of them being 'together' in Woody's Roundup either.
~Celeste~
"You would not believe what I've been through tonight!"

"That's what comes of teaching science by television" -Prof. Foot, Help!
lennonluvr9
Master Scarer

Postby thedriveintheatre » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:06 pm

I had the feeling they were like partners in the 'cop' sense in the TV show, but really good pals in real-life. It's like Slinky is Woody's longtime best friend (or a real smart pet), Buzz is his newfound sidekick in leading the toys, and Bo Peep his girlfriend.

It looked like that Jessie had a thing going with Buzz in Squeaky's closing song and dance act. ;) Maybe we'll see further developments in Toy Story 3 (I'm hoping for a love triangle to spice things up!).
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Killler123 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:03 am

thedriveintheatre wrote:It looked like that Jessie had a thing going with Buzz in Squeaky's closing song and dance act. ;) Maybe we'll see further developments in Toy Story 3 (I'm hoping for a love triangle to spice things up!).

-*- Love triangle... :(
That's gonna be really messy. :lol:
'A lamp and a ball?' NO!!! It's 'THE lamp and THE ball!'
Killler123
Garbage Boy

Postby Captain Pan » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:32 am

[quote="Rac_Rules"]That would be an interesting twist in the Woody's Roundup show. Jesse dumps Woody for Buzz Lightyear! :lol:

Yeah, I think they are LIKE brother and sister, but toys can't have biological siblings. quote]

Well early TS3 story outlines from Pixar (not Disney original idea) suggest that toys do have suiblings... as Rex and Hamm (Though it might be Potato Head) look for thier long lost twins... So possibilities do exist but we shall have to wait and see Summer 2010 for the real answer.
Captain Pan
Garbage Boy

Postby JediGal » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:13 pm

I never thought of that. Hmmm....good question.

My guess would be no. I don't know why, I just can't see them as brother and sister. Although, on second thought, they do act like siblings, don't they? :lol:
JediGal
Ant

Postby Phileas » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:36 pm

Well from my sources the plotline in TS2 is that Woody & Jessie are siblings. They were originally going to be in a relationship, but then in TS Woody was already "courting" with Bo, and obviously a breakup in a childrens' movie isn't possible, so the guys at Emeryville decided that it would be a sibling relationship so they're siblings. Buzz & Jessie are supposed to be "courting", as we see in the last scenes.
Follow me & give me a shout on Twitter! @mr_poohbear
Phileas
Chief Operating Officer

Postby HelloDolly114 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:51 am

No although they act like brother and sister at times, they are just really good friends. Atleast thats what I got out of the movie. Sorta reminds me of a guy friend I have named kevin...
"Its not flying, Its falling...with STYLE!"
HelloDolly114
Garbage Boy

Postby annarborjack » Fri Apr 17, 2009 3:34 pm

i THOUGHT of that once, I don't think there brothers and sisters. But I think they are related. Maybe they are cousins???
annarborjack
AXIOM Crewmember

Next

Return to Archives