Pixar Planet

TDIT's Sigs & Avatars

Share your graphics & icons from your favorite Pixar films and shorts here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby bright dot-dasher » Wed May 27, 2009 1:27 am

Talk about wonderfulness! I am getting Updosis myself now...they're all really great graphics! "The Bird is the Word" haha! I don't like Family Guy either, but that song is catchy and now thanks to that siggy, every time I hear that song, I'll think about Kevin! "This is it, now or never" is brilliant...you chose the right screenshot to put that caption in. Just look at his expression- it's really fitting! I especially like the avvies with Russel. Is it just me or does the second avvie remind me of Woody and Bullseye? Well, they do have similar quickly-formed friendships, do they? Good job on these graphics! :D
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Wed May 27, 2009 6:18 am

Really nice TDIT. I love them all. My breath was taken away just by looking at them.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Sky » Sat May 30, 2009 10:37 am

You change your avvie and sigs so often, thedriveintheatre - it's hard for me to keep track. :P :D

The simple sketch of Kevin on the white paper made for a simplistic and beautiful avatar, and it's always nice for Pixarian production artwork to get featured every so often. That was probably my top 3 of your avvies you've worn, but it's so hard to narrow them down. Yay, we have lift off! Great tagline and way to celebrate the release of Up for our friends across the pond!

Kevin is your favourite character too, huh? Same here. She's so colourful so those avatars matched with the white, simple font look great. I hope it's ok for me to use the "Bird is the Word" signature to celebrate Up. It's bright and green and Kevin's face is funny, so that's why I wanted to wear it. Great job! I was going to create a signature with that same phrase on it, except it would have been based around Brad Bird, lol. But I like your take on it better. :)
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby thedriveintheatre » Sun May 31, 2009 5:08 am

disneydutchess - Sorry for the late reply! Sure, you can use it (though I think Rachel's already grabbed it). I only ask you credit me below the sig. ;)

woody - Of course, I'm so honoured! Thanks! Yeah, I was thinking of that HSM3 song too, it's one (and unfortunately, only) favourite song from the franchise.

Mitch wrote: Don't worry; I'm definitely going to take a look at your latest music videos. I promise you I will.

Okay-dokay! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them! :D

Hmm. I suppose I'll have to investigate then!
You'd better! ;) I think the second-last video on the preview should interest you (it's Ratatouille-related).

I had a feeling you'd like the Russell and Kevin graphics! The disclaimer statement was intentional, lest people who have been 'abstaining' from all forms of previews to go in blank get spoiled by my sigs. ;)

BDD - Updosis, huh. I like that, nice ring to it. :)
now thanks to that siggy, every time I hear that song, I'll think about Kevin!

It is addictive, that song, isn't it? ;)
Is it just me or does the second avvie remind me of Woody and Bullseye?

Nope, that was a deliberate spoof. The pose looked similar, so I took it and ran with it.

TSS - Thanks a lot, bud! Just remember to breathe. :lol:

Rachel wrote:You change your avvie and sigs so often, thedriveintheatre - it's hard for me to keep track.

I operate on weekday/weekend sig change lately, that is... expect me to wear a new sig every Thursday/Friday and Monday/Tuesday. There's so many good things to be excited about this summer, and my fan-work production cycles are going into overdrive!

That was probably my top 3 of your avvies you've worn, but it's so hard to narrow them down.

I'm interested to know what the other two are... :D

Great tagline and way to celebrate the release of Up for our friends across the pond!

More like, lake... the Pacific's pretty big... :lol:

Thank you for wearing the "Bird is the Word"! I am deeply honoured. I wouldn't mind seeing your version on Brad 'Bird', if you're still interested in making it. :)

To commemorate Disney/Pixar's release of its new action-adventure, buddy-comedy, bittersweet-romantic film, I humbly present to you my second batch of Up sigs and avatars!

If you've watched the 'Meet Russell' clip, you'd get the 'joke'.

The tagline's a reference to the first ever live-action movie I can remember watching when I was small...

I heard this quote before, I swear...

Superman-style!

Guns & Roses...

For me, Up, apparently...

Good advice!

Here's my current avatar...

...and sig. :)

Feel free to use any of them. Comments much appreciated! :P
TDIT wishes all Planeteers a merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
Enter the wild and wacky world of TDIT >>> YouTube ~ DeviantART ~ Tumblr
Watch the epic new trailer for GTA V.
thedriveintheatre

Postby woody » Sun May 31, 2009 5:12 am

Wow! You just keep on churning out new graphics don't you? Love the new batch! Keep UP the good work! :lol:
woody
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby bright dot-dasher » Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:19 am

Remarkable! All the captions/taglines you added really fit, and were quite clever. I especially like "Adventure's calling. Answer it.", "Fly away, home", and "Whatever you do...don't look down". But my very favorite out of all of those are "Growing Old: Mandatory. Growing Up: Optional." :D Yes, definitely keep UP the great work! (Sorry, I used your pun, Hannahmation).
thank you, little_chef_eva09![/quote]
bright dot-dasher
Master Scarer

Postby Mitch » Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:02 pm

thedriveintheatre wrote:You'd better! ;) I think the second-last video on the preview should interest you (it's Ratatouille-related).

I knew it!! I'm really gonna have to take a peek at it now.... ;)

thedriveintheatre wrote:I had a feeling you'd like the Russell and Kevin graphics! The disclaimer statement was intentional, lest people who have been 'abstaining' from all forms of previews to go in blank get spoiled by my sigs. ;)

Oh yeah, I love pretty much anything with Russell in it. (snigger)

Yeah, I figured that it was intentional, and I like the fact that you put it up there. Very thorough. ;)

--------------

thedriveintheatre - Your latest batch of signatures is awesome! It's my favorite of your agglomerations yet! The text for each graphic really fits the shots, as do the fonts. My favorites have to be the "Adventure's Calling", "Growing Old", and "We Have Lift-Off" ones. (Oh, and I recognize the Fly Away Home reference. I used to watch that all the time when I was a kid.)

Nice work! :D

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby thedriveintheatre » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:22 pm

Thanks woody, BDD, and Mitch! It's interesting to read which sigs you guys like! :D

Here's the promo sig I wore for Wallenator Salvation a while back... it's actually based on one the poster montage for the original Terminator Salvation film. You can click on the sig to watch the trailer if you've haven't yet. ;)

thedriveintheatre

Postby ffdude1906 » Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:27 pm

Love the batch of Up sigs, especially the one with Carl making faces. nice caption on that one, it's awesome.
Image Up Count: T:50 - D+BD:17
ffdude1906
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby thedriveintheatre » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:52 am

Thanks for the complies, ffdude1906! Knew you'd like it! :)

Here is a sig I was commissioned by TSS to promote his Pixar Females music video. This was the hardest sig I've ever attempted, with over 25+ layers and about 20 of the lady characters in a single montage. Needless to say, I'm proud of the result and very pleased that TSS likes it too. Thanks for the honour, and I look forward to working with you again, TSS. :)

And this is my promo sig for my Austin Powers crossover music video! The link is clickable, baby! 8)
thedriveintheatre

Postby The Star Swordsman » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:14 pm

This siggy that you made for me just so happens to be my most favorite siggy that you have ever made.
The Star Swordsman

Postby Hannahmation » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:24 pm

I love your batch of Up sigs! The 'Adventure is Calling. Answer it' one is my favorite of the bunch. Your Wallenator Salvation promo sig is pretty neat! I saw you wearing it earlier, but never commented on it. Your Austin Powers one is pretty cool too! TSS's sig is great! Can tell you put a lot of effort in it with all those layers! Great job! :D
Hannahmation
Supah Genius In-Training

Postby thedriveintheatre » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:46 pm

Thanks TSS! I'm so super-happy you like it! :D Lemme know when you need another promo graphic and I'll see what I can do.

Thank you so much for your comments, Hannahmation. "Adventure is calling...answer it" happens to be my favourite tagline from that batch too. Well, now that you commented on the Wallenator Salvation sig, I know what you think of it. The Austin Powers/Wall-E crossover was tricky because I had to get the Austin suit to fit Wall-E's box shape and the slim Ms Kensington mini-skirt to fit Eve's egg body! :P But TSS' sig, oh man, that was exhausting! :lol: But the effort so paid off, as he's really happy with it, and as of now, still wearing it! :mrgreen:

Here's the "Remy in Singapore" sig I wore last weekend to celebrate The Little Red Dot's birthday and to promote my fanvids! And yes, the sig is clickable!

thedriveintheatre

Postby thedriveintheatre » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:30 am

Well, while our fellow English and Irish members are getting ready for lift-off, I've knocked out a few more graphics for your enjoyment and use!

Yeah, I pretty much cropped and resized them, but hey, all the hard work's done for you! :P

My sigs have more photo-manip, though...

I missed the opportunity to have a graphical count-down for the US, Singapore, Malaysia and Australia releases, so naturally the closest 'major' territory is the UK! In less than a week, "you lot" are in for a world of awesomeness! Tally ho, good chaps! ;)
thedriveintheatre

Postby ffdude1906 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:13 pm

Ahh, as I said before, that's really awesome of you to root for the guys in the UK, it's almost here! Hang in there Cap/lizardgirl/Wall-E! ;) All your patience (or impatience) is about to pay off!

The rest of your sigs and avvies look great TDIT! Great job.
Image Up Count: T:50 - D+BD:17
ffdude1906
AXIOM Crewmember

PreviousNext

Return to Graphics & Icons