Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby oreo-94 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:46 pm

Ive seen Rex at my local TRU. On a side note, when i bought buzz he was incorrectly priced and target wouldnt honor the price unless there was more then one buzz in stock. There wasnt. However i went back this morning and there were 2 more in the same spot. So I got my 15 dollar discount honored :D
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Pieman411 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:40 pm

I haven't seen any but the buzz i bought at the begging of the month, and is potato head coming out he's my favorite character
Pieman411
Garbage Boy

Postby Fett101 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:10 am

oreo-94 wrote:when i bought buzz he was incorrectly priced and target wouldnt honor the price unless there was more then one buzz in stock.

What do you mean exactly? Did he ring up for a price different then what was on the shelf?
Get your own sig randomizer at http:///dya.mine.nu/rand/
Fett101
Toy Collector

Postby oreo-94 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:03 am

Yeah they had clearanced him or something by mistake. He had a sticker that said 35 but rung up at the normal 50. It wasnt a big deal for me at th time but when I saw they hadnt listened when i told them about the mistake, i figured i might as well get them to honor it.
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby newmie » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:41 am

Renesis7 wrote:Has anyone spotted Toy Story collection Rex yet? He comes in a crate I think?

I bought Woody, Buzz, RC, soldiers, green men this weekend. Only saw the "normal" Rex though.

This is all that's available right now, correct? Rex will be coming, just not yet... Potato Head is coming.. but also not yet? and no official evidence on Hamm right?

The only evidence of a new Hamm that I've seen is from this picture.
http://legionsofgotham.org/pixarnews/wp ... po2009.jpg

If anyone knows anything more about where you can get that Hamm I'd be greatful...

---Here is John Lasseters second vid. (note Mr Potato Head and mention of Rex in the next vid)
Vol. 2 John Lasseter talks Woody
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyofhW2jm2o
newmie

Postby Kyle » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:06 am

Wow, kinda irrelevant here, but the best thing about that video was the nice wire frame view of Woody. Now I have a great reference for my 3d model of Woody I'm working on. er, will be. haven't actually started on it, but I will.

Kind of a meh video though, he doesn't even pull his string, or elaborate on the interactive mode.

Which I guess is okay, because I was planing on doing my own video reviews, and was kinda bummed that he was going to beat me to it with much better videos, but it actually isn't too informative after all.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby oreo-94 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:57 am

Yeah Im also suprised at how...bland Johns video was.
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Renesis7 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 1:09 pm

oreo-94 wrote:Ive seen Rex at my local TRU. On a side note, when i bought buzz he was incorrectly priced and target wouldnt honor the price unless there was more then one buzz in stock. There wasnt. However i went back this morning and there were 2 more in the same spot. So I got my 15 dollar discount honored :D

So you saw the Toy story collection Rex? That comes in a big "wooden" crate? (How much was it, if you remember?)
Renesis7

Postby oreo-94 » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:50 pm

I would like to say he was the same price as buzz and woody but i may be mistaken
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Kyle » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:31 pm

yeah, as far as I know, all the expensive toys should be the same price at whatever store you get them at. they do vary from store to store, but if you see an expensive buzz and woody at the same store, they should be the same price.

this of course does not include the cheaper ones, like the army men and aliens.

I believe even Mr Potato head was listed for the same price as buzz and woody when he was on amazon for that short period.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Renesis7 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 1:29 pm

Hm.. I suppose i'll have to have a look out for Rex...

I've been to two different TRU with no sighting of him. It still seems like he's not widely available everywhere? He's not even listed on toysrus.com. I've only seen the non "toy story collection" Rex.

Are there more people out there with luck finding him?
Renesis7

Dog gone it...

Postby tripoli » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:54 pm

My bucket of soldiers did not come with a certificate. Are they not doing that or did I just get a bad bucket?
tripoli
Mutant Toy

Postby Pieman411 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:36 pm

I think u got a bad bucket, like when i first bought my buzz the jetpack cover was missing.......anyway I just got back from my local TRU and the only "collection" toys they had were Woody,Rc,Bucket of soldiers and The little green men. They didn't have The collection Buzz,Rex or Mr. Potato Head
Pieman411
Garbage Boy

Postby oreo-94 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:46 pm

Mr Potato head isnt out I dont think. Buzz has been available for a little while and as for rex, it seems he has only been found in one or two places
oreo-94
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Kyle » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:00 pm

Awesome, pixar blog is reporting that there is indeed a jessie in this line planned for next spring.

http://pixarblog.blogspot.com/2009/09/l ... ion-2.html

Now if they can just confirm Stinky Pete and Bullseye so we can complete our woody's round up.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story