Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:47 pm

Kyle wrote:Woody is pretty stiff, even more so than the 90s one in my opinion.

Really? But do his arms and legs hang convincingly off his body? That's the problem I had with the '90s Woody, his arms stuck out like they were over-stuffed. Judging from everyone's pics of the new Woody, it looks as though his limbs hang much more loosely and convincingly than those of the original Woody doll.
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:31 pm

The thing is, his arms have to be virtically sown on, this means they have to stay wherever they are as far as up and down movement. They can't defy physics like the movie does. He can swing his arms back and forth, but not up and down. The new woody is just as stiff, but at least their default position is a relaxed one, looking less akward.

The legs are not really a problem, they just don't like to spread apart.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:12 pm

Kyle wrote:The thing is, his arms have to be virtically sown on, this means they have to stay wherever they are as far as up and down movement. They can't defy physics like the movie does. He can swing his arms back and forth, but not up and down. The new woody is just as stiff, but at least their default position is a relaxed one, looking less akward.

The legs are not really a problem, they just don't like to spread apart.

OK, thanks. How about his hat? Does it sit on his head accurately?

Also, just one more question: Can his collar go over his vest, like in the movie? Or is the collar sewn down?
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:13 pm

His hat can sit on his head any number of ways really, just like the movies. His collar is indeed sown down, but it's for the better. The movie model had the fabric impossibly thin around his collar, so sowing it down keeps the crease as much it can.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Kyle wrote:His hat can sit on his head any number of ways really, just like the movies. His collar is indeed sown down, but it's for the better. The movie model had the fabric impossibly thin around his collar, so sowing it down keeps the crease as much it can.

OK, thanks a lot.
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:15 pm

Just left toys r us with my new working Buzz. No expensive Rex, just the cheap one, with fixed jaw.

Checked kmart earlier, plenty of Buzz's, with mint boxes to my surprise, but lousy paint jobs. Very sloppy. So I ended up going with toys r us. Box is slightly better than the one I returned, but the eye bows could use touching up.

I was very close to buying RC, but opted to wait.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:51 am

Kyle wrote:Just left toys r us with my new working Buzz. No expensive Rex, just the cheap one, with fixed jaw.

Checked kmart earlier, plenty of Buzz's, with mint boxes to my surprise, but lousy paint jobs. Very sloppy. So I ended up going with toys r us. Box is slightly better than the one I returned, but the eye bows could use touching up.

I was very close to buying RC, but opted to wait.

How much did RC cost? $60? Or was it $80, like on the Disney Store website?

Also, how much did the cheap Rex cost? Is he the same (appearance-wise) as the expensive one?
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:10 am

Stupid me didnt really check to see any of the prices. I mean, Im sure I saw them, but I dont remember too well. 65 seems to stick out to me...maybe he was that much? I seriously doubt he would ever be 80 though, in any store. something in the 50-65 seems more reasonable to expect.

I did snap a pic of the cheap rex though. he looks pretty good for the price (whatever that price is, I cant tell obviously, its out of frame)
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:50 am

Kyle wrote:I did snap a pic of the cheap rex though. he looks pretty good for the price (whatever that price is, I cant tell obviously, its out of frame)

Looks good to me. I can see that he has a fake hinge, but did you check if his mouth stretches open?
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:14 am

Yes, its hard as rock plastic. Its fixed as I said.

Edit: I added a extra touch of accuracy to woody. heheh

Last edited by Kyle on Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:34 am

Kyle wrote:Yes, its hard as rock plastic. Its fixed as I said.

Oh, OK. Hmm, too bad. I was considering buying the cheaper Rex, now I don't know...
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Mon Sep 07, 2009 3:32 pm

Kyle wrote:Edit: I added a extra touch of accuracy to woody. heheh

Nice job! How'd you take off Woody's boots? You didn't ruin the doll, did you? :wink:
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Kyle » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:12 pm

I didnt, his legs are right there.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:49 am

Kyle wrote:I didnt, his legs are right there.

Oh, OK, didn't see them there because of the softer focus. :P

Finally got myself a Woody. Very happy with him, except that the threads attaching his vest are VERY weak and are coming out. :roll:
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

Postby Sheriff Woody Pride » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:00 pm

Here's a new, unobstructed shot of Mr. Potato Head's box, as seen in the new RC video:

And here is the shot we've already seen, from the Rex video, just for comparison:

It seems that he comes with angry eyes, as seen in Toy Story 2, and an extra pair of lips.

So is he being released now, or in the next Toy Story Collection wave? It's not fair that we're being teased like this...

And here is the link to the new RC video, in case anyone hasn't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7hSisvOzcI&feature=PlayList&p=B3D089D376931EAD
Sheriff Woody Pride
Garbage Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story