Pixar Planet

Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Postby gabgarde2 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:15 am

Hello all,

I know people haven't really been active here in the past few years, but I'll give this a shot. I've been following this thread since it first started, but I've only now made an account. My collection had been collecting dust on my shelf since 2010, but I've recently regained interest in collecting Toy Story items. It always sort of bothered me that the Young Epoch Stinky Pete was so unaffordable and rare, and that it had that odd marionette face. A few weeks ago, I took it upon myself to attempt to make my own Stinky Pete (almost) replica. Here he is! I made a crude pullstring mechanism from a spool, a rubber band acting as a spring, and thick gauge wire. Currently working on a pickaxe. I plan on smoothening the hat with putty; I foolishly rushed it into the oven knowing the clay wasn't soft enough to smoothen, because I was way too excited.

I haven't had any luck finding a movie-accurate box pattern for a 16-inch-tall box. I know that quite a few people have made their own... I'd be willing to purchase a design if anyone has one.
Attachments
21875663_10212657113134893_2092640740_o.jpg
from behind
21875663_10212657113134893_2092640740_o.jpg (189.71 KiB) Viewed 5566 times
21850344_10212656577401500_330686435_n.jpg
the Roundup Gang!
21850344_10212656577401500_330686435_n.jpg (27.5 KiB) Viewed 5566 times
21850405_10212657110094817_3978999_n.jpg
21850405_10212657110094817_3978999_n.jpg (29.23 KiB) Viewed 5566 times
gabgarde2
Ant

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:59 pm

gabgarde2 wrote:I haven't had any luck finding a movie-accurate box pattern for a 16-inch-tall box. I know that quite a few people have made their own... I'd be willing to purchase a design if anyone has one.

I've made one, I'll see if I can post it later, It should be the right size, not perfect, but its the closest that I can do.
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:24 pm

I highly doubt anyone regularly browses the forums these days and I haven't really bought anything major in months (found a Star Bean Prospector at a local goodwill which was a pleasant surprise) but I stumbled upon the Disney Store Zurg and they seem to have changed the box for the recent models to loosely resemble the Zurg box concept art that was posted here a few years back.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Interestingly enough, the Woody, Buzz, and Jessie dolls up for sale have redesigned boxes that more closely resemble their respective boxes in the Toy Story world.
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:19 pm

TheSpaceSheriff wrote:but I stumbled upon the Disney Store Zurg and they seem to have changed the box for the recent models to loosely resemble the Zurg box concept art that was posted here a few years back.
Spoiler: show
ImageImage

Interestingly enough, the Woody, Buzz, and Jessie dolls up for sale have redesigned boxes that more closely resemble their respective boxes in the Toy Story world.

Odd I bought Zurg back in November and it did not come it a box like that, I'd love to get one like that, looks very cool.

Also the largest Trixie available at the moment is currently available in a large figure pack at Disney Store, it has a ton of other figures but Trixie is like the crown jewel, the set is currently around 60cad.
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Thu Jan 18, 2018 10:30 pm

gabgarde2 wrote:I haven't had any luck finding a movie-accurate box pattern for a 16-inch-tall box. I know that quite a few people have made their own... I'd be willing to purchase a design if anyone has one.

Say no more, here is mine:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
You get the top of the box, the sides, front & back, enjoy!
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

Postby Laker » Tue Apr 24, 2018 12:27 am

Hey everyone. I know not many people have been active on here for almost 6-5 years, but I'm hoping to get it started up in time for Toy Story 4. I've been looking at this thread since I was about 7-8 years old. I'm 13 now and I've only just made an account. I am going to post some pictures of my old collection from 2010-2013 on here soon. I was never able to get many of the toys because I never had a Toys "R" Us around my area. I hope this thread thrives like it once did.
Laker
Ant

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Wed May 02, 2018 5:42 pm

Laker wrote:Hey everyone. I know not many people have been active on here for almost 6-5 years, but I'm hoping to get it started up in time for Toy Story 4. I've been looking at this thread since I was about 7-8 years old. I'm 13 now and I've only just made an account. I am going to post some pictures of my old collection from 2010-2013 on here soon. I was never able to get many of the toys because I never had a Toys "R" Us around my area. I hope this thread thrives like it once did.

Yeah, I'd love it to get active again, there is a lot of active Toy Story stuff that still goes on (mostly on Instagram) but people just don't know about this thread, it will come back though, probably closer to 2019.
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

Postby Laker » Wed May 02, 2018 8:06 pm

CanadianTVBroadcasts wrote:
Laker wrote:Hey everyone. I know not many people have been active on here for almost 6-5 years, but I'm hoping to get it started up in time for Toy Story 4. I've been looking at this thread since I was about 7-8 years old. I'm 13 now and I've only just made an account. I am going to post some pictures of my old collection from 2010-2013 on here soon. I was never able to get many of the toys because I never had a Toys "R" Us around my area. I hope this thread thrives like it once did.

Yeah, I'd love it to get active again, there is a lot of active Toy Story stuff that still goes on (mostly on Instagram) but people just don't know about this thread, it will come back though, probably closer to 2019.

Yeah, hopefully. Right now, I'm working on replicas of the Troikas and Hockey Puck. I really hope Emma, Wampar or Slink could come back.
Laker
Ant

Postby Laker » Sat May 05, 2018 11:16 pm

Ok, I made a list of everything that is in Andy's room. I'll do more of these lists for things such as Bonnie's Room, Sid's Room, Sunnyside, etc.

Old West Cardboard Box Buildings
“Wanted” Drawing
Mr. Potato Head
Green Gun
Robot
Rocky Gibraltar
Troll
Bo Peep
Toddle Tots
Hamm
Teepee Trash Can
Bo Peep’s Sheep
Hot Wheels Track
Building Blocks
Bandwagon Toy Chest
Yellow Bat
Woody Gun Drawing
Woody
Slinky Dog
Rex
Jail Sign
RC Car
Jump Rope
Andy’s Room Sign
Rock-A-Stack
Woody on Horse Drawing
Lenny
Feet First Book
Pale Cowboy from Texas Book
Blue Basket
Ants in the Pants
Mr. Shark
Mr. Spells
Dolly, Duckie & Teddy
See N’ Say
Red Luxo Lamp
Toddle Tots Firetruck
Bo Peep Lamp
Snake
Hockey Puck
Little Red Car
Bucket O’ Soldiers
Checkers
Twister
Mr. Mike
Roly Poly Clown
Etch-A-Sketch
Red Book
Green Book
Tinker Toys
Black Binder
The Boy Scout Handbook
Grimm’s Fairy Tales
Smyrl Smyrl Twist & Twirl Book
Candyland
Baseball
Doodle Pad
Troikas
Operation
Mouse Trap
Knick Knack Book
Red & White Spinning Top
Tin Toy Book
Red’s Dream Book
The Adventures of Andre & Wally B. Book
Ant & Bee Go On Vacation Book
Scooter Run Book
Floppy the Bunny Book
Thin White Book (x2)
Help The Planet Book
Army Men Drawing
Race Car Drawing
Great Places for Children to Visit Book
Baby Monitor
Buzz Lightyear
ABC Roundup Poster
Luxo Ball
Toy Train
Buzz’s Box
Mickey Mouse Wall Clock
Woody’s Wagon Drawing
Woody Drawing
Woody Riding Horse Drawing #2
I Want You to Join Space Rangers Poster
Star Command Poster
Cardboard Buzz Helmet
Buzz Drawing
To Infinity and Beyond Drawing
Buzz Vs. Zurg Drawings
Rocket Ship Drawing
Flying Buzz Drawing
Purple Comb
Skateboard
Buzz Poster
Globe
Magic 8 Ball
Buzz Lightyear Cards
Barrel of Monkeys
Battleship
Super Nintendo
Cowboy Hat
Mrs. Potato Head
A Bug’s Life Calendar
Blue Mug
Yellow Highlighters
Green Colored Pencils (x3)
Airplane
Guess Who
LIFE
Tiny Blue Car
Red Ring
A Bug’s Life Book
Lincoln Logs
Paintbrush
Blue Box Buildings
Star Command Box
Dinosaur Stickers
TV Remote
Dog Island Book
Real Real Big Trucks Book
White Container
Yoyo
Wheezy
Gumball Machine
Little Reader’s Collection of Children’s Stories Book
Let’s Go Bye Bye! Book
Tennis Ball
White Book
Wooden Car
Safari Friends Puzzle
Clue
Styrofoam Airplane
Toddle Tots Red Car
LEGO House
Aliens
Barbies (x3)
Key
Golf Ball
Plastic Steak
Bouncy Ball
Wind-Up Teeth
Blue Play-Doh
Penney
Dime
Monkey Chow
Evil Dr. Porkchop’s Box Ship
Soccer Ball
Barbie’s Corvette
Wild West Train Set
Barbie
The Seven Bandits Book
The Lanky Scotsman Book
Flowers and Plants Book
-ton’s Rainy Day Handbook
The History of Stop Motion Book
Just Desserts Book
Bed Frame
Buzz Lightyear Bed Set
Rocket Ship Pillow
Cowboy Pillow
Red Desk
Yellow Chair
Blue Bean Bag Chair
White Dresser
4 Story Bookcase
3 Wall Shelves
Blue & White Rug
White Bedside Table
Red Lamp w/ White Shade
Cork Board
Thumbtacks
Star Wallpaper

Well, that's literally everything in his room. Yes, I even did the task of trying to find the titles of the books on Andy's Shelf. The ones in Toy Story 2 aren't very clear, but I guess I'll try to find them again.

-Laker
Laker
Ant

Postby ltm438 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:26 pm

Hey folks. Jeez, I remember frequenting this board back in high school. That was 8-9 years ago!

I know some of the old regulars aren't around anymore, but I figured I'd drop in and share some very early progress shots of the wooden Slinky Dog project I'm doing with my father.

The idea is to get it as close as possible to the CG model in the film, in terms of detailing and scale. When completed, it'll have real leather ears, and a standard metal slinky in the middle. It's going to take some time to get everything perfect, but I'll try my best to drop in here from time to time with more photos of the project as it happens.

Again, It's all very early stage right now, but we've roughed out the muzzle, and I've sketched sort of a mock-up, for the placement of the facial features on the head.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this first look!

As a bonus, keep scrolling for a look at my modest Toy Story display, including my modified TSC Potato Head:

ltm438
Ant

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:00 pm

ltm438 wrote:The idea is to get it as close as possible to the CG model in the film, in terms of detailing and scale. When completed, it'll have real leather ears, and a standard metal slinky in the middle. It's going to take some time to get everything perfect, but I'll try my best to drop in here from time to time with more photos of the project as it happens.

Again, It's all very early stage right now, but we've roughed out the muzzle, and I've sketched sort of a mock-up, for the placement of the facial features on the head.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy this first look!

As a bonus, keep scrolling for a look at my modest Toy Story display, including my modified TSC Potato Head:

That looks fantastic so far! The current slinky def needs an upgrade, the design is pretty old at this point.
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:07 pm

So funny enough with the opening of the new "Toy Story Land" some exclusive merchandise has been released specifically an accurate Slinky dong (sadly he is a bit too small and he had a slinky coil replaced with a light up string thing)

So I guess its an improvement? I still prefer the original, but this one is pretty cool I guess, I think its the same scale as the Mr & Mrs Potato Head candy dispensers that Disney Tokyo sells.
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

Postby Andy Davis » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:55 pm

Indeed; Slink definitely needs an upgrade. I got the pull-toy version that appears to be in the right scale, but doesn't look quite as life-like as he does in the movie...which actually isn't that big of a deal for me, because I don't think he looked all that life-like as his Toy-Mode in the movies if I recall correctly. He was one of the first ones a picked up about a month ago or so; only recently started collecting Toy Story toys lol...and geezums, they can be pretty pricey lol.

My biggest complaints about the Slinky Dog Pull-Toy of course are 1.) There's a string running through his body and tail, whereas there are no strings on him in the movie, 2.) His ears aren't brown on both sides; they're brown on the outside and white on the inside, 3.) The "leash" he comes with is advertised as threading through the hole-piece on his chest, but upon opening the box, I saw that it was smack dab in the middle of his eyeballs, and 4.) His legs and head can't move at all. Pretty sure they aren't supposed to be able to move anyway; on the original vintage toy nor in the movies themselves, I just thought it would be cool to be able to make him just slightly poseable to make him look like he's walking, shaking, pointing, heck, even peeing on a fire hydrant lol; that'd be hilarious. XD

I could do with or without a movable mouth; could be fun, but it could also just over-complicate what's supposed to be a simple toy from a simpler time. That being said, I'm pretty much perfectly satisfied with him, and will be even more so after I modify him in the future; he seems to be easily fixed to be more screen accurate. The wheels were almost an issue for me, until I double checked the movie and saw that Slinky actually has wheels under his paws in the movie as well, so that's perfect. =-)

Anyhoo, here's a picture of my Toy Story collection so far; kinda small, but it's growing little by little.

PS: I looped some scotch tape back onto itself and put the little tape-loops on the underside of Slinky's paws, right over the wheels; this is how I'm able to pose Slink partly stretched without his behind rolling/springing up to his front; just looks more accurate to the movie in my opinion; we never really saw Slink all scrunched up and rigid lol. Doesn't suit his personality! XD

EDIT: I finally got a 1987 Playskool Baby Monitor! I thought they had gone extinct! XD Updated the pic of my collection below to inlude it. =)

Andy Davis
Ant

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:29 pm

Andy Davis wrote:Image

Dude, your collection is fantastic for someone just starting out! It looks great! Can't wait to see more updates!
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:31 pm

So sorry for double post, but for anyone who want a figure of Rocky there are people on facebook selling full sized 3D printed figures of him: https://www.facebook.com/ToyStoryCustomCreations/
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story