Pixar Planet

Monsters, Inc. Coaster coming 2011!

Talk about Pixar's Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Monsters, Inc. Coaster coming 2011!

Postby martini833 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:52 pm

Jim Hill Media reports that Pixar Place at Disney's Hollywood Studios, at the Walt Disney World Resort in Florida is getting a major expansion with a brand new Monsters, inc. rollercoaster set in the door hangar! Fans have been waiting for an attraction like this for years, and it's only a few years away. Pixar Place is getting more than that though. To find out spoilerific details on the ride and the extra expansions planned for Pixar Place go here: http://jimhillmedia.com/blogs/jim_hill/ ... aster.aspx
martini833
Upcoming Pixar Alumni

Postby Pixart » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:55 pm

finally i really wanted more to that pixar place than just toy story mania at disney world.
can't wait :D
Pixart
Garbage Boy

Postby The Star Swordsman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:27 pm

I knew they were going to transform some part of Disney World into a Pixar Part. I must go back to florida and check it out.

I wonder when they can consider putting in some Incredibles themed stuff in there?
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby martini833 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:32 pm

Well Pixar Place HAS been there (at DHS) but now they're expanding it so it's truly Pixar Place, not "Toy Story Midway Mania, a meet and greet and a shop" Place. It's only been open for about 2 months (with earlier soft openings) and it's already extremely popular. It's got the same brick building feeling of Pixar at Emeryville and it even has a smaller sign that say Pixar Studios (note it doesn't say Animation Studios) I think it was too small to fit. It's pretty packed though, and this is kind of random, but there's a cool "street" sign that says Pixar Place with Luxo Jr. on top of it.
martini833
Upcoming Pixar Alumni

Postby lizardgirl » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:36 pm

Wow, that actually sounds pretty cool! It's great that Pixar are really getting their own section of the theme park, and I have to say that the new Monsters, Inc. ride sounds pretty thrilling!
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby FounderofAzn » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:31 am

Oooh, sounds interesting. Do you think it might be better than the "Mike and Sulley's Adventure"?
I am Andrew Ryan and I am here to ask you a question: Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow?
FounderofAzn
Toy Collector

Postby martini833 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:36 am

I definitely think so, primarily because it's a coaster instead of a dark ride.
martini833
Upcoming Pixar Alumni

Postby ominousorb » Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:54 am

I think I remember it being mentioned in the Monster's Inc. commentary that they wanted to see that scene with the doors become a ride. If it wasn't the commentary, it was somewhere else. I certainly remember that being mentioned. Pretty neat now that it's actually gonna be a ride, eh?
Absolute Favorites:
1 ) Wall-E
2 ) Finding Nemo
3,4 ) Ratatouille & The Incredibles (tied)
5 ) Toy Story
6 ) A Bug's Life
7 ) Toy Story 2
S'alright:
8 ) Monster's Inc.
9 ) Cars
ominousorb
Shark Bait

Postby zada » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:02 am

Wow that sounds really fun! I like the sound of how depending on how the people on the ride react with their screams and cheering on how it affects the ride.
zada
Shark Bait

Postby Pixfan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:16 pm

Cool.......I'll keep my eye out for this one. Highly anticipated....Hope Disney doesn't screw this one up. :roll:

:mrgreen:
One of the few FIRST members of Pixar Planet that still remembers their username and password ; )
Like my Sig? Here's More!! Some on every page (avatars too), enjoy! =]
Pixfan
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Nexas » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:10 am

Well well...forming something that'll be released nearly a decade from it's origin. Well...seems a sequel might have a chance if they're that confident for a ride ^_^
Nexas
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Disney_Guy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:15 am

Sorry for the rumor control... But this is only a rumor.

Based off of that link, I don't know how reliable it can be. It sounded like some kid wrote an essay of his dream ride, giving every detail that would be on the ride.
NO a Monsters Inc. ride has never been announced by Disney, and if it was, there would never be that much detail about the attraction so sudden.
Last year Disney announced a Cars ride at DCA, yet we still know nothing about the attraction, as far as story or what the heck it will be about goes.
Also, there is already a Monsters Inc. attraction at WDW.

Some blog on the internet is NEVER a reliable source when not even it can back up its claims with proof.

Until this attraction is announced by Disney themselves, this rumor is just a rumor - just like the millions of other Disney parks rumors I hear all the time that always die down the road as false.
Disney_Guy
Garbage Boy

Postby martini833 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:57 pm

I'd think since your name is Disney_Guy, you'd know who Jim Hill is. He's a very popular Disney blogger with many insiders. He knows what's going on, in fact, he's not a kid, he's actually very old.
Anyways, he knows things before they are announced because insiders leak it to him. By the way, Cars Land opens in 2012 and it's after the MI ride so you'd expect more details, but in fact there are tons of details, which I won't get into this instant. He's 99% right on the thing he posts, he told us the first act of WALL-E before Comic-Con, he told us about Toy Story Mania and Radiator Springs Racers way before they were announced, so chances are, he's right about this. In fact I asked an insider if Pixar Place was getting an expantion, and he said, yes, major. So next time research before you do rumor control (which is greatly appreciated when legitimate.)
martini833
Upcoming Pixar Alumni

Postby Disney_Guy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:50 am

martini833 wrote:I'd think since your name is Disney_Guy, you'd know who Jim Hill is. He's a very popular Disney blogger with many insiders. He knows what's going on, in fact, he's not a kid, he's actually very old.
Anyways, he knows things before they are announced because insiders leak it to him. By the way, Cars Land opens in 2012 and it's after the MI ride so you'd expect more details, but in fact there are tons of details, which I won't get into this instant. He's 99% right on the thing he posts, he told us the first act of WALL-E before Comic-Con, he told us about Toy Story Mania and Radiator Springs Racers way before they were announced, so chances are, he's right about this. In fact I asked an insider if Pixar Place was getting an expantion, and he said, yes, major. So next time research before you do rumor control (which is greatly appreciated when legitimate.)

I see Disney related rumors all the time from all kinds of sources including Jim Hill.
Much of the time they are false, or for whatever reason, just die after a while.
I'm not new to this whole rumors business, and basically what I said in my last post was until Disney announces this, I will then believe it.
No need for me to get worked up over a blogger (I don't care if he's Jim Hill or not), it's not an official source.

As for WALL-E, are you talking about last year's Comic-Con? Because even I knew of the plot way then. I read it from something Andrew Stanton wrote that was already released by Disney (Sorry to be really vague, but this was over a year ago).
Disney_Guy
Garbage Boy

Postby Dash » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:00 am

Actually Martini - I've been at this a long time and if there's one thing I know it's take everything Jim Hill says with a grain of salt... and then some. Jim is not a very reliable source with a good track record.
Dash
Chief Executive Officer • Chief Financial Officer

Next

Return to Monsters, Inc. & Monsters University