Ratatouille Ride (Say It Isn't So!)

[url]http://pixarpro.tumblr.com/post/62295498373/pixartimes-first-look-ratatouille-ride-at[/url]

Is it for real? IF so, woo-hoo!!! Would love to travel to Europe just for this.

Oh my gosh, that artwork alone is enticing! I had heard about this that Paris would actually get a Ratatouille ride, and I am soooo excited!! If it does well, maybe they’ll even put one in one of the American Disney Parks! Here’s hoping! :mrgreen:

Update!! Ahh mah goodness, it looks so reallll…!
blogs.disney.com/insider/article … almedia|||
So now I’ll be able to visit the worlds of Toy Story, A Bug’s Life, Cars, and Ratatouille! Can’t. Wait.

Yes, it’s so! I’m a studio musician, and we’ve been working on the music for the ride – recording some of it last month, as well as a session today (Monday) at Warner Bros.

I have a strict no-spoiler policy, but can tell you about the session.

Michael Giacchino was back composing the music for it, and let me tell you, it was so nice to be able to play those great themes of his again (made me want to take out the movie to watch once more). He also brought in big white chefs hats for everyone to wear today (just for fun), and one of the Disney Imagineering people who got up to talk to us about the ride said it’ll be opening in just a few months (this summer).

What was kind of cool, was having a look at the screen. For a movie, the screen will normally project the part of the movie you’re currently recording (and often, if it’s animation, what you’ll see will be in various stages of completion). But since this is a ride, it was a little different: the screen was split, with the top half showing three different pictures (what Car 1, Car 2 and Car 3 would be seeing at that particular moment), and the bottom half of the screen had two simple computer-plotted bird’s-eye views of where the cars would be in the ride (the bottom half kind of looked like an old Commodore 64 screen).

It’s a shame the ride’s only being built for Disney Paris… I guess we’ll all have to make our way over there to see it (and no, they don’t give us free tickets to France…)

^Wow! That’s so cool that you’re a part of it, Miafka! It makes me even more excited! In fact, I admit that Disneyland Paris may be my main reason I want to visit France… :slight_smile:

I’m planning a trip to Disneyland Paris for next year, since I’ll be living across the Channel. And I will not leave the park without going on the Ratatouille ride!

My nose is on overload with all this!!!