Pixar Planet

NEW at WDW - The Laugh Floor Comedy Club

Talk about Pixar's Monsters, Inc. and Monsters University here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Postby lennonluvr9 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:54 pm

Yeah i thought it wasnt gonna be that great. I just didnt want to admit it. It didnt

seem like a very strong premise for an attraction. And you guys are right about the limits Disney would have in

the jokes that could be told. Maybe they'll see that and rework it or something.
~Celeste~
"You would not believe what I've been through tonight!"

"That's what comes of teaching science by television" -Prof. Foot, Help!
lennonluvr9
Master Scarer

Postby Pixart » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:58 pm

i went to the show and it was soo funny :lol: 8D :laugh:
we went to that show 4 times when we went to disney world
and i found out that every show is diffrent and i love the new characters there so funny :lol: 8D :laugh:
Pixart
Garbage Boy

Postby The Star Swordsman » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:09 pm

I went to Orlando with my friends and they decided to go in while I went on to the other stuff. Some of them thought it was stupid, others thought it was okay.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby ominousorb » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:18 pm

What kind of jokes were they? Can someone transcribe? I'm rather curious.
Absolute Favorites:
1 ) Wall-E
2 ) Finding Nemo
3,4 ) Ratatouille & The Incredibles (tied)
5 ) Toy Story
6 ) A Bug's Life
7 ) Toy Story 2
S'alright:
8 ) Monster's Inc.
9 ) Cars
ominousorb
Shark Bait

Postby martini833 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:50 pm

Last month when I was at Disney World, I went to the Laugh Floor and thought it was hilarious! It looked like the stupidest thing, but I was completely wrong. It's got it's dumb moments of course, but you'll be laughing all the way through. It's pretty much public humiliation for some, so if you are sensitive, i wouldn't recommend it. The real time comedy synched with the animation looks great and I still can't believe its hilarious. I went twice and loved it both times, which were different. For those who have seen it: [spoil]I'd NEVER want to be "that guy"!![/spoil]
Tips for new visitors:
1) Save it for the end of the day, there's no line, and it has showings very late at night right before the park closes.
2) Be prepared with a joke, you can text one in with your name and hometown and they may chose it for the show.
3) Come in with horrible expectations, it works best that way! ;)
martini833
Upcoming Pixar Alumni

Postby Pixart » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:06 pm

I agree on your tips martini833 scince i have been to Disneyworld 15 times and Dsneyland 3 times and from my point of view i really want to be" that guy"
he gets all the credit at the end insted of mike and did you see the part when someone was asked by a monster to guess a number and the monster said i will close my eyes so i can't hear you
that was funney :) :lol: :laugh:
Pixart
Garbage Boy

Postby Disney_Guy » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:10 pm

The problem with this Monsters Inc. attraction is... It's in TOMORROWLAND... Talk about out of place and no sense of theming accordingly to the land it is situated in. :roll:
Disney_Guy
Garbage Boy

Postby martini833 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:12 pm

You may want to add spoilers to that post just in case...
Anyways that question did come up and the guy got it wrong because the girl didn't project! :D
Anyways, living in Florida pretty much means I go to Disney World a lot I can't even count, yet this is one of the few attarctions I hadn't checked out before, and I regret not checking it out sooner because it's pretty hilarious!
The queue is pretty cool too, I think the briefing area is based on the executive wing of Monsters, Inc. when the CDA agents ask Sulley for an autograph.
EDIT: They did integrate it pretty well in Tommorowland, it's theming is discreet in my opinion.
martini833
Upcoming Pixar Alumni

Postby princess_daisy » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:08 pm

I saw this attraction 3 times! It was SO good!
Amy Depp. IT has a nice ring to it.
princess_daisy
Ant

Postby M-O » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:49 am

I loved it! One of the best attraction. It was really funny. I went on it at least 5 times this year and 1 time last year. It's a great addition to Tommorowland. (Better than Stich that is)
M-O
Garbage Boy

Postby JediGal » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:03 pm

Hehe!! Two of my best friends and I visited this attraction. We got curious about sending a text to the show. So we did a simple joke "Why is 6 afraid of 7? Cause 7 , 8, 9 "

We were having so much fun watching the show and laughing at like...everything! Anyway, but at the last act (Mike's nephew I think), they actually said our joke! It was awesome! :D

Although sometimes I wish they had different things. We did go twice and saw that the first act was different, the rest were the same. Out of all the times I went myself, here were the following acts I've seen from the show:
First act- 1) Geography act 2) Monsters Inc. reenactment act
Second act- 1) Magic Trick act 2) Mind-reading act
Third act- Mike's Nephew!! :lol:
If there have been any other different acts you've seen, I would like to know! I'm a curious person.

Other than that, this show is really fun and a real treat for people who feel like they need to take a break from all that walking in Disney, take a seat, and laugh! :D
JediGal
Ant

Postby Phileas » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:12 pm

I've got a good story about the Laugh Floor. Back in Jan 2007, before it was opened, I was in WDW and me and my party was walking around Tommorrowland, taking snaps, when this WDW guy started ushering our party so secretly. We just kept on walking and it turned out that we got to have a sneek peek at the Laugh Floor! The projection was working out well, the technology is amazing, and the only kink was that the camera crew that go around to get a close view of people wern't really up to scratch, but hey, it's a sneek peek, can't complain. We had to fill out a survey, I filled in something about one of the lame jokes said, and in exchange we all got free Fast Passes valid for any time, and any ride (which came in handy because they wern't issuing Fast Passes for the car track, so I was able to use the pass to get in front of the huuuuge line).
Pity my stupid roaming wasn't working with my phone so I wasn't able to send an SMS.

It's great that it turned out so well though.
Follow me & give me a shout on Twitter! @mr_poohbear
Phileas
Chief Operating Officer

Postby BURN-E » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:18 pm

My dad got singled out in the crowd once!! It was funny (the whole show). My family has gone to see it 2 or 3 times, just not in the same trip to Disney. We saw it twice one year and once in another (I've been to Disney 7 times in 8 years, 6 times in a row because we didn't go one year).
BURN-E
Mutant Toy

Location: Lost in my imagination without a GPS. I haven't eaten in three days.......

Re: NEW at WDW - The Laugh Floor Comedy Club

Postby KevinSA » Tue Sep 17, 2019 12:11 am

Used to watch this with the kids when they were younger. Now all they seem to be doing is spending their free time on the phones. I kind of miss those days...
Kevin, concrete coatings Raleigh
KevinSA

Re: NEW at WDW - The Laugh Floor Comedy Club

Postby kronospoker » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:31 pm

kronospoker

PreviousNext

Return to Monsters, Inc. & Monsters University