Pixar Planet

Cars 3

Talk about Pixar's two Cars movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Cars 3

Postby evspixarfan2012 » Mon May 30, 2016 9:01 pm

Speaking of Cars 3, I just noticed some plot details already revealed on a USAToday article!
Here's to Pixar Animation Studios...forever.
evspixarfan2012
Master Scarer

Postby Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami » Tue May 31, 2016 11:40 am

^Here's the link to that article! :arrow: http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/05/30/sneak-peek-exclusive-cars-3-new-character-cruz-ramirez/84981778/?hootPostID=15e4821211580d8c480a7f4ec7f520ef

John Lasseter isn't directing, but Brian Fee is (never heard of him until now I'll admit, but he's worked on the story for both previous Cars films so that's reassuring). I'm very pleased about what details I've read about so far, I'm excited! :D

I'm one of the 3 originating Pixarteers!

2016: Celebrating 30 years of Pixar, 10 years of my Pixar fandom, Finding Dory's release, my 21st birthday, my university graduation, and Leicester City winning the Premier League
Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby evspixarfan2012 » Tue May 31, 2016 2:21 pm

That's exactly what I read yesterday...yes, that article. Right there!
Here's to Pixar Animation Studios...forever.
evspixarfan2012
Master Scarer

Postby Lover_of_Fiction » Wed Jul 27, 2016 4:55 pm

This movie is eleven months away from release and we still know only one thing about it basically, one new character and that it's supposed to feature racing, yada yada yada.

We know more about Toy Story 4, a film coming out a year after that, than we do about Cars 3.

Last year at this time we knew about some characters from Finding Dory. We didn't know what role they'd play in the film, but we were aware of their existence.

I also wonder how Finn McMissile will appear/be alluded to in this, since from the sounds of it some fans of the franchise didn't like the spy stuff? I can sort of see why, the first film gave no indication that that was part of the Cars universe.

But on the other hand, Pixar can't pretend that the spy stuff never happened. And I don't see why anyone would want them to.
Lover_of_Fiction
Garbage Boy

Postby Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami » Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:34 pm

Is it me or is Pixar not releasing as much info as they used to about upcoming features in general? Like every year, I feel as if the amount gets less and less. Say, in comparison to Toy Story 3 and Cars 2, I felt like we had so much at our disposal to get excited about, not to mention several teaser trailers, and this was way before their releases. Also because this place was thriving at the time it bumped up the anticipation.

Lover_of_Fiction wrote: I also wonder how Finn McMissile will appear/be alluded to in this, since from the sounds of it some fans of the franchise didn't like the spy stuff? I can sort of see why, the first film gave no indication that that was part of the Cars universe.

As stand alone films, I love both. I mean, it was the first Cars that got me hooked on Pixar in the first place, so when I heard that the next movie in the franchise was going to be something completely different from the original, from a franchise viewpoint, I was sceptical. Having now seen it I enjoyed watching it (especially their portrayal of the British 8D ). I'm relieved that they are returning to Radiator Springs for the third film because the first one has a special place in my heart, plus it makes the franchise feel more cohesive. As for Finn McMissile, I'm sure he'll be in there. I hope Holley Shiftwell will be too, but only as minor roles. I want to see more of the original in this next one!

I'm one of the 3 originating Pixarteers!

2016: Celebrating 30 years of Pixar, 10 years of my Pixar fandom, Finding Dory's release, my 21st birthday, my university graduation, and Leicester City winning the Premier League
Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby aZnCdn » Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:51 am

Looks good based on the teaser trailer. Hopefully it will not be a let down like Cars 2.
aZnCdn
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby AlexBrown » Sat Jun 03, 2017 12:17 am

AlexBrown

Postby Ryder » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:15 pm

From the reviews, it seems we have another average Pixar entry with a weak first-half and jokes that fell flat. Sigh. Oh well. At least there's Incredibles II... nope, wait, that's next year.
Ryder

Previous

Return to Cars