Pixar Planet

how do i start?

This is the place to talk about the studio as well as the people and software behind it. Show off your knowledge and learn about news from the Emeryville headquarters including everything from Renderman to the Brain Trust to The Holy Trinity of Pixar.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

how do i start?

Postby euphemisms » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:17 pm

hello, i am an aspiring animator/filmmaker and i wanted some advice on how to get started. i am a junior in high school with some minimal drawing skills (i'm trying to get better at drawing objects then moving onto illustrating ideas i have) and lots of experience in creative writing and screenwriting. based on that, how should i approach the animation or film industry and how do i prep myself for applying for colleges/internships/jobs/whatevers?
"nothing ever ends poetically. it ends and we turn it into poetry." -- Kait Rokowski
euphemisms

Re: how do i start?

Postby Meloncov » Fri Jan 02, 2015 10:37 pm

It's good that you're working on your drawing skills. For any artistic role in animation, having a solid foundation in drawing from life is somewhere between very useful and utterly essential. I'd strongly suggest checking out artist-focused sites like ConceptArt.Org or CGTalk; you'll find a lot of good information on how to further your education there.
Meloncov
Ant

Postby robbie22 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:01 am

Many people doesn't do this. But you are doing it and you are going to be a great inspiration for many as you are not bounded by any. I am asking my students to do the same to fulfill their goals.
robbie22

Postby Milcah » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:17 am

Thank you for posting such a great article! I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work!
color switch
Milcah
Ant

Postby kiarawillson92 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:33 am

Milcah wrote:Thank you for posting such a great article! I found your website perfect for my needs. It contains wonderful and helpful posts. Keep up the good work!
color switch

I am glad that this post helped you out and I am looking forward to suggestions as well, so we could make our posts even better.
kiarawillson92

Postby mpopkin » Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:40 pm

I agree with Meloncov's Answer. Looks like you have a good passion in this industry. Good luck.
mpopkin

Return to The Pixar Studio & People