Pixar Planet

How to do a good essay for UPSC Mains

Come here to talk about all the other stuff on your mind.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

How to do a good essay for UPSC Mains

Postby belitakin123 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:49 am

To do a good essay for UPSC Mains, you need to check a few vital things. The essays written for UPSC exams are not the ordinary ones that you usually write for any exam. Essays for UPSC exam must be logical, ample and convincing. You must go through an exact pattern that gives a good flow to your essay. To keep the realism of your answer it is necessary to have an intro, body and conclusion. Only then can you get better grades.
Read the topics carefully. This is the vital step in the exam. You can choose one out of four topics. While picking your topic, be sure that you know more about that topic compared to other topics. It is not advised to select a sensitive topic like say, feminism. Also do not pick a topic on which you are too passionate. Here, you may tend to get over excited and fall short to write a balanced essay. This can go wrong for you.
Think for some time. After choosing your topic, you are not supposed to start writing straight away. Take some time and gather the thoughts you have. Take a pencil and make rough points on the last page. This step is vital because only then you can write your ideas in the correct order. Suppose you are writing about US’s relations with neighbors. Historical facts and events are the first point to start with. Suppose you started the essay, and realized that you did not write the vital history part, it would be very late. So, it helps if you note the main points first.
Once you have the main points with you, start writing the essay. While writing, you must follow to a fine structure. You can take help from best essay writing service to check examples. Rest goes on your practice and devotion. Good luck!
belitakin123

Re: How to do a good essay for UPSC Mains

Postby IAmaster » Tue Dec 25, 2018 7:50 pm

I absolutely can't make good writing and that's really a problem. I can use writing services obviously and I do use EssaysMatch for example but I think that writing skills are quite important and I really want to improve them.
IAmaster
Ant

Postby shruti » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:21 am

Hello,
Essay writing is the part of UPSC examination. Some tips on how to write a good essay for UPSC Mains:
1) Read Topic carefully and make key points related topic.
2) Explain the 1st paragraph with a basic introduction
3) Write body part
4) Conclude the topic
5) Make essay more informative and attractive by adding some phrases
Here UPSC Classes in Amravati has all the information about essay writing. Must read!!!
shruti

Postby phamyen » Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:23 am

Thank you very much for sharing this very useful information,
gomovies
phamyen
Ant

Return to Off-Topic