Pixar Planet

CLEVELAND -- Jim Thomes point-the-bat hitting stance, a powe

Do you enjoy animation or are you in the business? Come here to talk about everything else in the animated world.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

CLEVELAND -- Jim Thomes point-the-bat hitting stance, a powe

Postby carrie567 » Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:31 am

CLEVELAND -- Jim Thomes point-the-bat hitting stance, a powerful symbol of the most successful era in Cleveland Indians history, is now a permanent fixture at Progressive Field. The Indians honoured their career leader in home runs on Saturday by unveiling a statue of Thome -- his bat pointed menacingly at the pitcher -- to rest in the ballparks centre field monument area. An emotional Thome, who played for Cleveland from 1991-2002 and again in 2011, said he signed an honorary one-day contract with the team so he could retire as a member of the Indians. "It feels so good to be home again, in this ballpark, where it all began," Thome said as voice cracked several times. "It gives me goose-bumps." Thomes statue is just the second erected by the club, joining one for Hall of Fame pitcher Bob Feller. Thome will certainly join Feller in Cooperstown one day. Thome, who last played in 2012 for Baltimore, hit 337 homers for Cleveland. With him in the lineup, the Indians won six AL Central titles, advanced to the World Series in 1995 and 1997 and played in front of 455 consecutive sellout crowds. "I look at that statue and I think of our teams in the 90s," he said. "There are so many guys from those teams who could have a statue." While there was some debate whether Thome, who left Cleveland after the 02 season to sign with Philadelphia, deserved a statue, theres no denying his legacy with the Indians. "I want to thank the fans," he said. "Ill never forget the atmosphere you guys created here every night." Thome signed his one-day contract on the field before the game and was given a long standing ovation by the crowd. He threw out the first pitch to former teammate Sandy Alomar Jr., the Indians first-base coach. Indians designated hitter Jason Giambi, currently on the 60-day disabled list with a knee injury, temporarily gave up his No. 25 to honour Thomes one-day contract. Giambi will assume his number again when hes activated. Thome had a most unique stance. He would point his bat toward the pitcher to get ready, then pull it back and prepare to swing. And that swing usually resulted in good things for the Indians. "Theres an old saying in baseball," said Mike Hargrove, who managed Thome for nine seasons in Cleveland. "Good players can make a manager, a general manager and a hitting coach look real smart. Jimmy did his part." Thome developed an especially close relationship with Charlie Manuel, who was his hitting coach and later his manager with the Indians. "Hes like my son, in a way," Manuel said. "Cleveland got better when Jim Thome came to town." The left-handed slugger also had a flair for the dramatic. He hit the longest home run in ballpark history, a 511-foot blast on July 3, 1999, against the Kansas City that landed close to where his statue stands. The Indians have put up a plaque nearby to honour the homer. And in a moment straight out of a movie, Thome homered following a pregame ceremony in which the Indians announced they were building his statue on Sept. 23, 2011. Thome belted 52 home runs in 2002, the club record for a season. In 2001 he hit 49 homers -- the most by a left-handed hitter in club history -- and drove in 124 runs, both career highs. Several of Thomes former teammates were in attendance this weekend, including Kenny Lofton, Carlos Baerga and Travis Hafner. John Hart, who built the Indians team in the 90s as general manager, was also on hand as well as several members of Thomes family. Hydro Flask 32 Oz Sale Cheap . Huntelaar also had a penalty saved by Wolfsburg goalkeeper Diego Benaglio. The two goals brought Huntelaars total for the season to 18, level with Bayern Munichs Mario Gomez for most in the league. Hydro Flask Cheapest .com) - Edmonton Oilers forward Taylor Hall left Saturdays game against the Senators in the second period with a left knee injury. http://www.cheaphydroflaskireland.com/3 ... utlet.html. With one penalty, Fourcade finished in 24 minutes, 58.2 seconds, just nine-tenths of a second ahead of Timofey Lapshin, who shot clean in the cold. Hydro Flask Sale Near Me . - Olympic champion Marielle Thompson accomplished her mission of defending her skicross World Cup title at Nakiska Ski Area on Saturday. Hydro Flask Clearance Sale . After Mariota was pushed around by Stanford on Thursday, finishing 20/34 with 250 yards and two touchdowns in Oregons Title hope-crushing defeat, hes going to need a poor performance or two from the remaining frontrunners to have a shot at the most coveted individual trophy in college sports.TORONTO - Toronto Raptors centre Jonas Valanciunas was arrested for impaired driving in Wasaga Beach, roughly two hours north of Toronto, early Monday morning. According to an Ontario Provincial Police release, Valanciunas was charged with "Exceed 80" after an investigation revealed he had been in control of his vehicle while under the influence of alcohol. OPP officers were responding to a report that open beer bottles had been spotted in a silver vehicle going through a drive-thru at approximately 2:30 a.m. Police traced the alleged vehicle to a residence nearby and Valanciunas, the driver, was placed under arrest. Its unclear whether he was alone at the time. "I hold myself to a high standard and take my role as a member of the Toronto Raptors very seriously," said the 21-year-old in a statement released by the team Monday evening. "I apoologize to the organization, my teammates, my family and my fans, and regret any negativity this incident has brought upon them.dddddddddddd" The Raptors were in between a pair of days off at the time of the incident. "We were made aware this morning of the incident involving Jonas Valanciunas and are disappointed he has put himself in this situation," the Raptors added in a release. "We take this matter very seriously as we have high expectations for all members of this organization." Valanciunas is scheduled to appear in court in Collingwood on April 22, in the midst of Torontos first-round playoff series. If the Raptors second-year centre is convicted of the charge he will likely face supplementary discipline from the NBA. League precedent suggests he could face a one or two-game suspension, issued following a conviction. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale NHL Jerseys Wholesale MLB Jerseys Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Wholesale NCAA Jerseys Wholesale Football Jerseys Wholesale Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
carrie567
Mutant Toy

Re: CLEVELAND -- Jim Thomes point-the-bat hitting stance, a powe

Postby saulpaulo » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:59 am

It’s very informative and you are obviously very knowledgeable in this area happy wheels
saulpaulo

Return to Other Animation