Pixar Planet

C'est Magnifique...

This is the history of Pixar Planet. Threads that are past their prime are preserved here in an unaltered fashion for the future enjoyment of all. No posts may be added in this forum.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

C'est Magnifique...

Postby Mitch » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:27 am

~ C'est Magnifique ~

----------------

If I were to say anything, there really would be nothing to say, because art is a form, and the form comes from the heart....

I really don't know how to put this incredibly inspiring tale of deliveration, perserverance, and continuation into a written form. It is like food: you don't love it -- you don't understand it -- until you taste it.... It is like an art: you can only deliver it with your mind, and transform it from your heart...to your hands.....and back to your heart again in one, magnificent drop....

Something about this film inspired me -- inspired my life. In fact, it MADE my life. It has continuated within my heart -- my life -- a passage that connotates the very clearest of meanings: Anyone CAN cook. Because I now know, after watching this beautiful masterpiece of a film, what that particular saying means to the world: it means that "anyone can be...anything". To Remy, it said: "Anyone can cook." But, to me, it said: "Anyone can create a work of art....". If Remy wanted to cook, he can cook. And he did. If I want to draw, I can draw. And I will....

My sincere compliments to the chef: Brad Bird. My gratifying
admiration to the kitchen employees and employers: The artists who make Pixar what it is: A masterpiece...of perfection. And my generous thanks to the one artist who had a thought one morning -- a crazy, rather ingenious, thought -- , that a rat could become a chef: Jan Pinkava.

I have never, truely, in my short-lived -- yet thankful -- life, seen a film that presented to me a meal so graciously preserved...that it wet my appetite from the first bite. And I probably never will....

This film was something. Not just anything. SOMETHING. Something spectacular; something magnifique; something that I simply can't put into words. It is, in its entirety, beautifully unpredictable -- and, oh!, how sweet a taste is that sound.... Beautifully...unpredictable.

---------------

Thank You, God, for creating me so that I could see this film. Thank You, Father, for creating those wonderful people that made Pixar what it is, and this film, Ratatouille, for what it has become.

I will remember this film for the rest of my life, because it is my life. I see Remy and Linguini as a mixture of me, even though that may sound absurd and vain. But, in reality, it is not. It is my dream...and my life...and my future.... And I will cherish this film 'til the stars stop shining in the sky. And yes, there is one moment in the film -- one simple thing that Remy did -- that simply touched my heart, and that was this:

Him sitting on a roof-top, gazing out over the livid wonders of Paris, and relishing in what had become a dream that he had thought impossible: and that was fulfilling it.

Beautiful, luxurious sunlight poured down upon that little rat; upon that scene; upon my heart. If there was one thing that Pixar could have done that would have made me happy beyond all hope and thought, that was it. It is not every day that I sit on the roof, but when I do, my thoughts are a mirror of that of Remy's.....

I have never smiled so much or so lovingly in my life, and I don't expect I ever will again for some time. But, when it does, I will embrace it with open arms and ratatouille-scented paws.

-----------------

-- Mitch

After-Note:

There is nothing more to say, because there is not a word here to describe it. I would not dare to spoil a film...with such beautiful and honey-scented art as Ratatouille....
Last edited by Mitch on Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby Sky » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:34 am

I shed a few tears

reading that.

Beautiful review, Mitch. :loves:
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Mitch » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:38 am

It just came from the heart, Sky. It just came from the heart.... ;)

I felt like crying as the end of the film came upon a close...and the credits rolled their way onto the screen in a fond farewell -- but not a forever farewell.... Something about this wonderful film touched my heart...in a way that I can't explain....

Edit: Oh, and thank you, Sky. ;)
Last edited by Mitch on Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby TheIncredible » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:54 am

Mitch, you inspire me. It reminds me how I felt after watching every other Pixar movie.
TheIncredible
Garbage Boy

Postby The Star Swordsman » Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:59 am

Ah, so here is your

long review. I ain't gonna look at it. But from the looks of things, you seem to really enjoy it.
The Star Swordsman
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Sky » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:20 am

Mitch: Oh, no worries at all. ;) It is always good to

speak from heart. You can never go wrong. :loves:

Thank for writing it. It is simply beautiful and

sincere. I'm sure anyone from Pixar would be very touched that Ratatouille had that effect on you. Even if I

enjoy the film only half as much as you did, I'll be happy.
Last edited by Sky on Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sky
Pixar Planet Moderator

Postby Percevalx » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:48 am

Him sitting on a roof-top, gazing out over the livid wonders of Paris, and

relishing in what had become a dream that he had thought impossible: and that was fulfilling

it.

I loved the part when he reached the roof top. It gave me goose bumps.
Percevalx
Ant

Postby JesusFreak » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:32 pm

That was beautiful,

Mitch. Simply beautiful. :D I was touched.
JesusFreak
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Fairly Odd New Yorker » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:17 pm

Nice review Mitch! ^^ It inspired me too, as I was

feeling really down lately with the stress of college and I was thinking "why bother with life? I'm going

to stress myself all the time just to eventually set foot in a street and get hit by a car or something".

^^;

This film made my life worth living, it made me realize that nothing is impossible if you set your

mind to it. I needed that. :D
Fairly Odd New Yorker
Master Scarer

Postby lizardgirl » Sun Jun 17, 2007 4:29 pm

Mitch- To know

it had a profound effect on you, and others, does truly show what an amazing film Ratatouille is...I mean, anyone

can just watch a film and enjoy it, but when a film goes into the relms of actually effecting people's lives...I

just can't wait to see it now!
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Maggie_PixarFan » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:37 pm

Aww, Mitch... It really

came from the heart, didn't it? :wink: Now you're making me even more excited, but I'm not gonna watch it

'till August! :( But I'm happy for you, though. I love this review. :wink:
Maggie_PixarFan
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby aZnCdn » Sun Jun 17, 2007 6:49 pm

Well I am waiting for the offical

release date. So I won't know the experience until then.
aZnCdn
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby sharpie » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:26 pm

Nice

review, Mitch. I'm glad it inspires you as it inspires me as well. :wink:
sharpie
Garbage Boy

Postby Gasduude » Mon Jun 18, 2007 1:40 am

Wow. That's all I can

say: Wow. Just from the words of Mitch, I can tell this is going to be a wonderful,

no, beautiful movie. Can't wait...
Gasduude
Master Scarer

Re: C'est Magnifique...

Postby Nexas » Mon Jun 18, 2007 3:16 am

Mitch
Well...somebody took Film class in high school ^_^
Nexas
AXIOM Crewmember

Next

Return to Archives