Pixar Planet

Selecting the Right Industrial Filter

Come here to talk about all the other stuff on your mind.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Selecting the Right Industrial Filter

Postby rebeccajhonson » Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:07 pm

When contacting Filter manufacturers for the right industrial filter, there are a few things you need to keep in mind. It is important that you select the right filter for your requirements. If the filter does not match the specifications you need, it will not perform properly. Here are a few things you need to look for when selecting the right industrial filter:

Separation of Particles
The first thing that you need to understand is what you need the filter for. Filters can be used to separate particles from liquids or gas from liquids. The filters for each process and you need to understand the difference. Here is what you need to know about your requirements before reaching out to manufacturers:

• Do you need to separate particles from a flow? Does the process involve removing particles or gas from a liquid stream?
• If you are removing gas from a liquid, how would you deal with the bubbles?
• If removing liquids from a gas, do you need extra protection for the sensors since they will come into contact with liquid

If you are not sure of the above, be sure to reach out to an expert. It is important to know the abovementioned before selecting a filter.

Compatibility Of Chemicals
When you reach out to filter manufacturers you should know about chemical compatibility. This simply means if the filter housing and element need to have the same chemical compatibility or not. This is one of the most important aspects of selecting a filter. This is because some chemicals can be acidic or caustic. Be sure to discuss the requirements of your filtration system with experts before making a decision. This will ensure that you have the right filter for your requirements.

Ideal Operating Conditions
Another important aspect of selecting the right filter is the conditions in which the filter will operate. Before you consider selecting a filter, you need to gather information about the following:
• The temperature of the liquid passing through the filter
• Pressure of the system and the pressure drop in the filter
• Is the filter thick? If yes, you may require reinforcements
• The volume of liquid the filter will need to handle
• Will the particle stream be heavy?

Only once you have an answer to the above-mentioned will you be able to select the right filter.

Attachment Options
The last thing that you need to know is if you will require special attachments with the filter. At times you may need to stop the follow of liquids before you change or remove the filter. Be sure to consult with an engineer or expert.
Now that you know what to look for in a filter, you can reach out to filter manufacturers. Just be sure to do your research when selecting the right manufacturer.
rebeccajhonson

Re: Selecting the Right Industrial Filter

Postby SimonSmith » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:59 am

Hello! I am interested in this topic. Welding is my long-standing hobby. I usually use a respirator for welding, but would it be better if I used an industrial filter indoors?
SimonSmith
Ant

Postby Sien » Thu Sep 26, 2019 1:28 pm

SimonSmith wrote:Hello! I am interested in this topic. Welding is my long-standing hobby. I usually use a respirator for welding, but would it be better if I used an industrial filter indoors?

Most often I met people who used small rooms for their hobbies. This is usually a garage. You can use a normal respirator, this will be enough. You can see more about this at https://theweldingpro.com If you have plans for long-term work with argon, then I recommend installing separate ventilation next to the workbench. Do you understand everything?
Sien
Ant

Postby Grenda » Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:47 pm

Hello. And my hobby is board games. For example, at play online blackjack for real money, I have a good time and still make money.
Grenda

Return to Off-Topic