Pixar Planet

Cars 2 : Is it a good or bad thing?

Talk about Pixar's two Cars movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Cars 2 : Is it a good thing or bad thing?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:01 pm

Good
42%
Bad
58%

Total votes : 33

Cars 2 : Is it a good or bad thing?

Postby Bill » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:01 pm

This poll is for the rumored Pixar film, Cars 2 . Specifically, do you hope that they won't make it or are you okay with it ? Now, and I'm being honest here, I personally hope that this doesn't happen. I apoligize to all fans of Cars , but I just can't see the possibility of a sequel. The first movie ended on a high note, and while it didn't absolutely leave the story to the point where it could be considered concluded like Finding Nemo and Ratatouille, I can't see any further story.
Last edited by Bill on Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bill
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby Mitch » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:16 pm

I'm with you, Bill, in that I don't see any need for a sequel to Cars. The fact that I was never that crazy about the film itself is no reason for a sequel to not be made, but even if I did love Cars as much as the other Pixar productions I still wouldn't want any continuation for the said feature to be made....

-- Mitch
Mitch
Wilderness Explorer

Postby JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:15 pm

I think it's a good thing, because I think there is a lot more Pixar can tell about these Cars and their world. :D
JV IS TIZ!!! PIXAR
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby LightingandSally » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:24 pm

Yes I would love a sequel!!I care about what happens to the charaters afterwards,personally I would rather see a cars sequel than a Ratulie one :P .No offence Bill.
I <3 Lightning and Sally!

Siggy and avatar by gpl.
LightingandSally
Toy Collector

Postby Nexas » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:03 am

To me it personally left at a fullfilment end.

To me it kinda really depends on if they are or are not branching the story off to a new group (sorta like Lightning's son for instance (anybody see a Robots "making babies" joke here heh heh).

The first movie had closeur with everybody really.
I DID recall seeing in a game magazine that had Cars's Radiator Springs hosting it's own cup....while that's a good premise for a game I don't think so much in terms of story.
Not to mention Cars is halfly based on inspirations from Doc Hollywood.

I guess there could be a chance for a sequel in some area we're not looking at...who knows, maybe a prequel about the Hornet's climb to fame or such.
Nexas
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby The Star Swordsman » Tue Sep 11, 2007 12:45 am

I didn't know what to pick. I would be happy to see how the story would continue because I love the characters so much, but also, the first one ended on a great note. Don't really have to follow it up.
The Star Swordsman

Postby CutieZuki02 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:58 am

I'm not really sure.
If they do, I will be REALLY intrerested to see the plot.
Though , I ADORED that movie...
I can't possibly think of anything to carry on the story too much.
Although, personally I think CARS had the biggest sucsess in toy and product sales out of all the pixar movies (maybe with the exeption of toy story?)
So, maybe that had some impact on the possiblity of making a cars 2?
Gosh, I'm not very good at writing things that make sense -_- lol
Tell me if you guys can understand anything I said =3
<3<3<3

By the way...
TSS- I love your new icon!!! C:
I like smilies =) can you tell?
CutieZuki02
Ant

Postby Pixar Lover! » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:21 pm

I think its such a good idea. I would love to see new characters (if thre is going to be any) And i want to see the story line. Why wouldn't anybody want to see a sequel to Cars? I think I'll love to see Mater again! :loves:
Pixar Lover!
Mutant Toy

Postby BorntothePurple » Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:35 pm

I'd like a sequel too. True, I don't know what the plot could be about, but Pixar has never let me down before, so I'm sure they'd think of something cool.

I love the characters from Cars. It is like they want to 'go on living' after the movie is over. I wouldn't mind revisiting the Cars world and the characters.
BorntothePurple
Mutant Toy

Postby lizardgirl » Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:56 pm

I think for Pixar itself, it would be a bad thing. Cars, in the end, did okay, because people trust Pixar and it was a very good film. But, admittedly, it wasn't as strong as some of its predecessors. Therefore, it would be pretty unwise of Pixar to make a sequel to a film that didn't do brilliantly instead of focusing on new projects. Also, Cars did have, IMO, a definitive ending- I feel satisfied after watching it, as Lightning has learnt his lesson and has changed for the better. Continuing on with the story seems a little unnecessary.
Like looking at or creating Pixar fanart? Then you'll love PixarPlanetdA!
lizardgirl
Pixar Planet dA Administrator

Postby Danpjames » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:51 pm

Although I loved Cars, I don't think a sequal would be a good idea.

I enjoy the fact that with each new Pixar film, theres a new story, new characters to meet, new settings to explore etc. I get excited about being introduced to this whole new world Pixar have created.

If Cars 2 did happen, i'm sure it would be great. Pixar wouldn't do it if it wasn't going to be great, but i'd still rather see something fresh and new.
Danpjames
Ant

Postby Pixel Candy » Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:45 am

...I... I don't know...
Why do I not have the surprised feeling?
Pixel Candy
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Gasduude » Mon Sep 24, 2007 1:58 pm

I voted a "good" thing because of Pixar's sequel reasoning. Even though Cars was in my mind one of Pixar's, ahem, poorer films. I believe they would go to the ends of the earth before they made a sequel "just to make a sequel". And though I agree that it seems from the ending of Cars that the story was wrapped up - all said and done - they must have a great story to tell if they are indeed making a sequel. :wink:
Gasduude
Master Scarer

Postby The Star Swordsman » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:02 am

I like to think that a sequel possibility is endless, so many ideas can be used and thought up.
The Star Swordsman

Postby nightwheel » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:28 pm

I think a cars 2 would do fine. But if disney decides to make a cars 2. They would need to tread lightly. And make no goof up's or mastakes. But other than that I have no objections. Besides, if National Treasure can get a sequel when they wern't planning on making one after the first movie. I see no reason cars couldn't have a sequel too.
Will have to come up with a new signature. Stargate Worlds was canceled a long time ago.
nightwheel
Toy Collector

Next

Return to Cars