The Incredibles Animated Series

The prospect of an animated series based on the Incredibles is an exciting one, but it also concerns me.

This is a PG rated animated film and had PG rated action if an animated show is to be done they would have to dumb things down considerably to make it “Disney freindly”

That means no machine guns and Mr. Incredible won’t actually be allowed to punch anyone and any other number of restrictions that would seriously hinder the action level of the series.

The only remotley decent action cartoon that Disney has at the moment is Kim Possible, with equal amounts action and comedy, but I feel that an Incredibles series needs to step things up even more.

At the moment I feel that Disney TV animation does not have anyone who knows how to do a decent animated Superhero action series. Kim Possible comes close, but still lacks any real hardcore Superhero action.

In order to make a decent Incredibles animated series disney needs to step away from their comfort zone. This series needs to have a strong TV-Y7-FV
rating and be similar in tone and action level as The Justice League series that aired on Cartoon Network, with comedy elements thrown in as well as all the elements that made th emovie so great, the strong ties of family.

In fact I think that Disney should hire outside their TV animation team. I strongly feel that they need to hire writers and directors who know how to handle great superhero action. I say hire some of the guys who work on all thoes great WB animated DC Superhero shows. These guys know what their doing.

They need to get people who know how to storyboard, stage and animate awsome action and fight scenes and if you have ever seen any of the DC Superhero shows you know that they are awsome at this.

I don’t want this to simply be yet another mediocure and dissapointing tv series based on a great movie.

Also the series needs to have high quality consistent animation.

I thought maybe I could add my couple cents to this topic.

Basicly, I agree with about almost everything you said SPACEHERO55.

I think that if they do start a TI series, it should be very “Disney” family friendly, but you need to input that intensity in there or else The Incredibless just wouldn’t be the same. I think the action should be just like the Justice League series. You see the violence, but it is still good enough for young kids to watch and enjoy it.

If they do animate a TV series, it would have to be a very high quality 2D animation. Since it is so hard to animate and simlulate the characters already, I would take a believable 2D cartoon, than some lame “Jimmy Neutron”-like cartoon.

I would like the story to involve the family almost every single time, with each member having their own solo based episode every now and then, and maybe even a three-part adventure, which takes only 3 episodes to tell one great story.

I rarely watch the Disney Channel, because it is so…repetitive. If there is a series based on The Incredibles, I think Pixar should be in charge of it.

I would love to see how Jack-Jack grows up in the TV Series or they would most likely “freeze” their ages, though.
I don’t have Disney Channel thanks to no cables.
So if it only shows up on that, I would be one sad person.

I think they would keep the Incredibles characters the same ages as they are in the movie. I don’t think I would be willing to see what everyone would look like if they were older yet.

I agree with Star Swordsman.

Although I am a bit worried though. If in fact there ever will be an Incredibles animated series Im afraid Disney might still put some restrictions on it that may seriously hinder the action level of the series.

Jetix the action cartoon block on Toon Disney actually edits alot of their action cartoons for content.

They have edited episodes of the 90’s Spider-Man animated series, which already had ridiculus restrictions on it in the first place.

Just recently they have extensively edited two of my favorite animated shows Batman The Animated Series and Superman The Animated Series. This was a huge no, no in my eyes.

This is a clue as to how they might treat the series.

Wha-- buh-- since when is this happening?

Oh it isn’t happening. We are just putting in our thoughts, theories, and hopes if there will be a TI series.

And it’s a good thing it isn’t happening. :laugh:

Well, I am content that it isn’t happening, but I would be willing to watch it if it does show up.

Well I do agree that it would be ‘dumbed down’ and ‘cleaned up’ so that Disney would agree to have kiddies watch it, which would be a bit of disappointment

One more thing thst concerns me is voice actors and music.

Mostly Craig T. Nelson, Holly Hunter and Samuel L. Jackson, I mean how sure would it be that theyt would return to reprise their roles for a TV series, although who ever did the voice for Mr Incredible in “The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer” Video game sounds a lot like Craig T. Nelson.

Another factoris the music. whenever Disney spins off a series based on a movie they tend to change the music to the point where it’s very similar to the music of the movie, but not quite.

EX They might hire some composer to compose a theme that is similar to The Incredibles theme, but not guite. I don’t know about you but I want the original Incredibles theme as composed by Michael Giacchino not some cheap knock off.

I think that the best bet for composer if they can’t get Michael Giacchino would be Chris Tilton he works closely with Michael on the Incredibles Sequel Video Game .

He used all the themes from the movie and even came up with new themes for Frozone and The Underminer, which he developed and integrated into the score that expands on the '60s style that was established in the movie score.

I really wish I could get my hands on The complete score for “The Incredibles: Rise of the Underminer” Video game. I am working on it and as soon as I find it I’ll let you all know where to find it.