Pixaria II!

Hi guys,

I thought I’d restart the Pixaria game! I wasn’t around when this first started but after consulting with TSS, I thought I’d look it up! And many thanks to Mitch because I don’t need to rewrite the rules!(= Yay! Thanks Mitch!

Pixaria is the name of this game, and the object is quite simple: One person will ask a Pixar-related question, and the following posters/members will attempt to answer that interrogation. The first one to guess the correct answer wins and posts another question, and the game continues…

The questions can consist of anything Pixar-related; they can deal with the studio in general, its films, its occupants/employees/employers, soundtracks, anything you want. But remember: It has to be Pixar-related.

Have fun! :smiley:

Shall I get the ball rolling? I hope this question wasn’t posted before, because this one’s an easy one!

Q What is the name of the bunny sidekick in the ‘animation’ “Mr. Incredible and Pals”?

Oooh, I love this game!
A: It’s Mr. Skiperdoo!!

haha that was quick! Over to you Martini833! :smiley:

1 minute response! Must be some kind of record.

It’s a New World Record

Here’s mine: Besides Ed Catmull name Pixar’s other founder in 1986.
This should be easy for hardcore fans, but be careful what you answer.

Steve Jobs?

(I’m gonna be so annoyed at myself if that’s wrong.)

Unfortunately, that’s incorrect.
Steve P. Jobs was the founding investor and was indeed very important among other founding members, but he is not considered one of the two co-founders. He’s more of a financier, owner and CEO but without him Pixar wouldn’t be what it is today.
The person I’m thinking about conflicted with Jobs and because of this he left Pixar in 1991.

YAY! The return of Pixaria! I am so happy that this game is back. Have un guys. I start guessing once I find an eaier question. :laughing:

Ha-ha. I forgot about this game… (snigger)

martini833 - I’m just gonna take a wild guess and say George Lucas, even though I know that that’s wrong. I used to know who the second founder was. :laughing:

– Mitch

George Lucas just happened to be the head and founder of Lucasfilm, when Lucasfilm’s graphics group got purchased by Steve Jobs for $10 million dollars in 1986, Ed Catmull and “this guy” were named co-founders of “Pixar”.
Some extra clues:
This person was named Executive Vice President of Pixar at the time.
This person came up with the name “Pixar”.

Loren Carpenter, co-founder and chief scientist of Pixar.

Nope, I’m sorry. Loren Carpenter was the Chief Scientists at Pixar and a founding employee, but out of the 40 founding members (for example John Lasseter) only two were considered co-founders.
(Don’t believe everything Wikipedia says :stuck_out_tongue:)

Actually, the source was this remote site. Darn, I thought that was it. :cry:

EDIT: 40 co-founders, huh? …Oh, I know, it’s Alvy Ray Smith!

No, 40 founding employees (members present at the time of purchase), there’s a difference. :stuck_out_tongue:
But you’re right!
Alvy Ray Smith was the other co-founder of Pixar!
Good Job, your turn! :smiley:

Alright, this should be an easy one considering the alertness of your Pixar Planet Forum members.

The acronym of “India-Golf-Niner-Niner” is a reference to what?

Thats an easy one. It is a reference to Brad Bird’s Iron Giant in 1999.

India-Golf-Niner-Niner

Hah… too easy. Take it away, TSS.

Lets try a hard one.

In the scene before the “Missle Lock” chapter, what 3 pictures does Helen have have on her dresser?

I’m surprised I got this off the top of my head (of course I checked after, just in case) but I did want to give some people time to guess, here it goes anyways:
The three pictures are:
Helen and Snug. (Specifically next to a plane)
Bob and Helen. (On vacation)
The Parr Family. (Bob, Helen, Violet, Dash, and Jack-Jack)