Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Postby Buzzlightyear3000 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:41 pm

Someday they will make replicas that are true to the film. I just know they will.
Attachments
Alien claw backdrop.jpg
Alien claw backdrop.jpg (122.4 KiB) Viewed 2621 times
Buzzlightyear3000
Ant

Postby American horizon » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:46 am

Hi guys. I bought on ebay an used Buzz that seems the same of signature collection. It's produced by thinkway and have lights on wings. But i'm unable to know the original packing. According to this described feature, i can be sure that it is the signature collection edition?
Does it exists other Buzz by Thinkway with lights on wings and same appearance that are not the "signature edition" ? If yes, how it differ from the signature edition?
American horizon

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Wed Oct 05, 2016 9:21 pm

American horizon wrote:Hi guys. I bought on ebay an used Buzz that seems the same of signature collection. It's produced by thinkway and have lights on wings. But i'm unable to know the original packing. According to this described feature, i can be sure that it is the signature collection edition?
Does it exists other Buzz by Thinkway with lights on wings and same appearance that are not the "signature edition" ? If yes, how it differ from the signature edition?

The regular Buzz Lightyear figures made by Thinkway do not have the flashing lights on the wings, have visible screws on Buzz's legs, and has a plastic torso. The Signature Collection Buzz comes with flashing lights on each wing, no visible screws, and has a rubber torso which gives him more poseabiility.
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby Goblet97 » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:15 am

Howdy gang, I'm not entirely sure if anyone even looks at this thread anymore but it's worth a shot! Would anybody at all be willing to give me their toy story collection Rex box? It's is the only one that I do not own and I absolutely love the boxes! PM me if so and are interested, I would be willing to pay. Thanks folks!
......CAN!
Goblet97
Garbage Boy

Postby telvannee » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:37 pm

Hey folks.

I assume this thread is a sort of valinor where all the wisdom and lore on 'toy story' toys is concentrated :)
Would you be able to advise me, good sirs? I reside in eastern europe and currently am looking for all 'toy story' toys to purchase. The toys are supposed to be played with, not being put on display. The kid is very careful with toys, though.
I've decided to start with Buzz. In our local stores the following models are available:

Spoiler: show

The first one seems to be a lot cheaper. The second one is described by the vendor as a Thinkway 'must have collection toy'. My question to you, gentlemen, is - what is actually the difference between these two fellas? Except for amount of phrases spoken and sound effects produced, is there any drastic difference that could be a game changer? Like different plastic/assembly quality? What would you buy for your kid?
Thank you, guys!
telvannee

Postby Kyle » Thu Dec 22, 2016 6:07 am

How old is the kid?

There are number of things that make the second one the better one to go with, but the question is how much will the kid appreciate them? The biggest difference I think you'll notice is the rubberized articulated waist. The screws are also hidden which makes it look a lot nicer.

There are a lot more differences but again, below a certain age these differences are not going to be appreciated much.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Ayroxus94 » Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:27 pm

Does anyone know if there was a Utility Belt Buzz Lightyear released in 1999 along with Toy Story 2 that is the same scale and style as the original?

I'm not talking about the signature collection version or the Toy Story 3 ones but one made with the same mould as the original 1995 Buzz Lightyear just with a utility belt.
Ayroxus94

Postby Kyle » Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:04 am

To my knowledge there was not. Just smaller scale ones by hasbro.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Milcah » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:35 am

This one is great. keep doing awesome! download any despacito lyrics track
Milcah

Previous

Return to Toy Story