Pixar Planet

Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Thinkway's Toy Story Collection

Postby Laker » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:39 am

I'd love the Hamm, Dolly and Mr. Pricklepants, but I don't have the money for them based on what they're going for on eBay lol
Laker
Ant

Postby YouUnculturedSwine » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:24 am

Masolo wrote:Hi All,

I am thinking of Selling my Toy Story Collection (excluding the Pop Vinyls along the top) and have no idea what its now worth???

IMG_0273 (1).png

All of them are sealed in box (except Toy Story Collection Woody - he popped out to say howdy when I first got him)

The picture might be a bit small, but I have:
All the Toy Story Collection series, not including the new ones from TS4
1995 Bo Peep
Disney Store Zurg
Thinkway Sparks, Chunk & Twitch
Hawaii Barbie and Ken
Tour Guide Barbie
Thinkway Babyface action figure
Revolutech Buzz, Woody, Jessie
and other small bits and pieces

Any help and advice would be appreciated

Super interested in the utility belt Buzz and Rex! I'm going to PM you.
What are you looking at you hockey puck?
YouUnculturedSwine
Garbage Boy

Postby YouUnculturedSwine » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:34 am

I'm glad to see people still post on this thread. Question, is TSC RC breaking a common issue? Mine seems to work well in try me, where the button makes him lift up, but in Play Mode nothing happens. The remote has no light or anything, so it's hard to know if it's the remote or his play mode that is broken, but in any case he's not working. Any tips?
YouUnculturedSwine
Garbage Boy

Postby NachozRule » Wed Jun 19, 2019 4:41 am

Long time no see, everyone! I finally decided to get a Toy Story Collection Bo Peep. I can't believe they actually made one after years of people asking for one back in the TS3 days... I guess all it took was Bo having a starring role in a fourth Toy Story movie. She's a bit pricier than I would have liked, especially since she doesn't really do anything, but the quality is top notch, and I'm pretty happy with her.

The sheep look great as well! They're a somewhat soft plastic in that you can squeeze them, but they retain their shape much more easily than the average squeak toy, if that makes sense.

Bo decided to prove her worth by taking down some Toy Story villains:

And then she... uh... wait Bo no that is not a bad guy

BO STOP THIS OH MY GOD

Did this happen with anyone else's? I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen. Should I email Thinkway?
NachozRule
Garbage Boy

Postby LinkStory » Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:33 pm

I used to browse Pixar Planet a lot in the old days (2010, when Toy Story 3 was released). I forgot the password to my old account and have no idea what email was used for it, so I've decided to just make a new account. However, it seems to me that Pixar Planet has basically died out.

I have an extensive collection of Toy Story stuff that I'm quite proud of, and now with the new movie I'll be looking to add it. I'm just wondering, what forums are big for this kind of stuff? Is there a particular subreddit, or new, more popular pixar forum that's emerged?
LinkStory

Postby ToyStoryCollector » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:19 pm

LinkStory wrote:I used to browse Pixar Planet a lot in the old days (2010, when Toy Story 3 was released). I forgot the password to my old account and have no idea what email was used for it, so I've decided to just make a new account. However, it seems to me that Pixar Planet has basically died out.

I have an extensive collection of Toy Story stuff that I'm quite proud of, and now with the new movie I'll be looking to add it. I'm just wondering, what forums are big for this kind of stuff? Is there a particular subreddit, or new, more popular pixar forum that's emerged?

i wonder the same, i bet if we all just started using the toy story or pixar subreddit itd be fairly active
We toys can see EVERYTHING

ToyStoryCollector
Shark Bait

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:21 pm

Recently, a bunch of us hoped on over to PixarPost's Toy Story 4 Merchandise thread to talk about replicas since the forum is mostly dead. I still pop in here once in a while but more of the activity is happening there.
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby LinkStory » Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:25 pm

ToyStoryCollector wrote:
LinkStory wrote:I used to browse Pixar Planet a lot in the old days (2010, when Toy Story 3 was released). I forgot the password to my old account and have no idea what email was used for it, so I've decided to just make a new account. However, it seems to me that Pixar Planet has basically died out.

i wonder the same, i bet if we all just started using the toy story or pixar subreddit itd be fairly active

This is a great idea, honestly the idea of dedicated forums is very outdated in this day and age. I think a subreddit would be a great idea.
LinkStory

Postby Dinoco » Fri Jun 21, 2019 5:47 am

NachozRule wrote:Long time no see, everyone! I finally decided to get a Toy Story Collection Bo Peep. I can't believe they actually made one after years of people asking for one back in the TS3 days... I guess all it took was Bo having a starring role in a fourth Toy Story movie. She's a bit pricier than I would have liked, especially since she doesn't really do anything, but the quality is top notch, and I'm pretty happy with her.

The sheep look great as well! They're a somewhat soft plastic in that you can squeeze them, but they retain their shape much more easily than the average squeak toy, if that makes sense.

Bo decided to prove her worth by taking down some Toy Story villains:

https://i.imgur.com/6uBCUIp.jpg

And then she... uh... wait Bo no that is not a bad guy

https://i.imgur.com/4YIxNdW.jpg

BO STOP THIS OH MY GOD

https://i.imgur.com/r50RG57.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/3yjmNBQ.jpg

Did this happen with anyone else's? I'm not sure if that's supposed to happen. Should I email Thinkway?

Looks great, hopefully the prices of the '95 will settle after fans now have a dedicated replica - the old one was more of a fashion doll anyways. They also go above and beyond with their vision of the packaging, even though you probably wouldn't see a window box with that much design in it if you're buying a lamp.

From what I can see, this is a pretty good representation of Bo in the flashbacks from Toy Story 4. Her design was updated a little, most apparent in her more pale and glossy porcelain complexion in the first films. And I can see she has a much more happy resting expression as well.
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Evil Dr Porkchop » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:43 am

Hi All,

I was active on this thread several years ago when these toys were first released. I'm in the UK and I bought Ducky and Bunny yesterday morning from Smyths Toys and decided to email them regarding Bo Peep. This was the response I received:

"Unfortunately we have no current plans to stock this item, please keep an eye on our website for updates."

I don't know whether this is a generalised response or whether there really are no plans to stock Bo Peep in the UK. Does anyone else have any news for UK distribution?
"And Hamm, he'll keep your money safe, but he's also one of the most dastardly villains of all time: Evil Dr. Porkchop!"
Evil Dr Porkchop
Shark Bait

Postby Goblet97 » Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:08 pm

Evil Dr Porkchop wrote:Hi All,

I was active on this thread several years ago when these toys were first released. I'm in the UK and I bought Ducky and Bunny yesterday morning from Smyths Toys and decided to email them regarding Bo Peep. This was the response I received:

"Unfortunately we have no current plans to stock this item, please keep an eye on our website for updates."

I don't know whether this is a generalised response or whether there really are no plans to stock Bo Peep in the UK. Does anyone else have any news for UK distribution?

Hi there,

I got generally the same response. I'm torn as to whether go ahead and bite the bullet and pay the extra for shipping or hold off till/if Bo becomes available here. o_0 :~o
......CAN!
Goblet97
Garbage Boy

Postby Evil Dr Porkchop » Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:25 pm

If Bo Peep doesn’t become available in UK stores, which US online retailer is the best to order from to get international shipping? I see Target doesn’t do shipping to the UK.
"And Hamm, he'll keep your money safe, but he's also one of the most dastardly villains of all time: Evil Dr. Porkchop!"
Evil Dr Porkchop
Shark Bait

Postby booh88 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:43 pm

I'm in the UK, and I'm almost certain Bo will remain a US Target exclusive, which is why I bought her off eBay UK. She arrived 3 days ago and is an amazing addition to my full collection. I purchased the only one available in the UK from a seller who I made a Best Offer to.

Seriously, the size of the box she arrives in... it'll necessitate a high cost of postage and importation fees if ordered from the US (the xost of import fees usually exceeds the actual postage). You're going to be looking at over 200 UK pounds to get her, which is too expensive for what she is. And yet we all want her...

I was crafty and lucky, and I managed to pay under £200 for her. I wish you luck. :)
booh88
Shark Bait

Postby Evil Dr Porkchop » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:13 pm

I feared that would be the case! I may have to bite the bullet then as I received this email from Thinkway Toys confirming what you said:

“Thank you for your interest in our Toy Story Signature Collection Bo Peep. Unfortunately this item is not available in the United Kingdom. We currently do not have any plans to release this version in the UK. We manufacture by orders only so supply of toys depends on our retailers. At this time Signature Collection Bo Peep is sold to Target in the United States, regrettably they do not offer shipping to your country.”

It’ll be expensive but I have every Signature Collection toy released to date so I can’t miss out on Bo Peep!
Evil Dr Porkchop
Shark Bait

Postby YouUnculturedSwine » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:33 am

So, when are we getting an updated collection Woody with removable badge, and updated Buzz with the 50 new phrases? :)
YouUnculturedSwine
Garbage Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Toy Story