Pixar Planet

Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Talk about Pixar's three Toy Story movies here!

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

Re: Toy Story Replicas (No trading-related posts please)

Postby Kyle » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:57 am

I just bought a pack of shower curtain rings, works perfectly. I guess it could still be smaller to be truly screen accurate, but its still a huge improvement from the stock ring.

As this been posted? Someone added an old fashioned voice box to woody.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMEO49n ... e=youtu.be
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Dinoco » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:32 am

While poking around, I found a similar one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QuTYF5ykzI

Now these aren't classic 50s/60s style voice boxes, but electronic manipulations that do a decent job at mimicking them. Still, having the string retract at a controlled pace instead of just snapping back really does make a difference.

It's next to impossible to make a phonograph voice box for mass production or as a fan, so people shouldn't take that out on Thinkway. A speed regulator would be possible, though.
Dinoco
AXIOM Crewmember

Postby Kyle » Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:10 am

Why would it be that hard to do for thinkway? or for that matter, a fan? If this was the only they used to have to make toys talk back then, why not now?

I think I even had a mickey doll in the 90s that had one of those types of voice boxes.
PIXAR>>>You
Kyle
Master Scarer

Postby Cleanmonk » Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:07 am

another project that I'm starting to finish; The front of the doodle pad to go with the back I did years ago. I've got the cowboy drawn out, it should be less of an undertaking than the buzz box I'm putting off finishing.

edit: progress-- finshed mountains and cactus, onward to the lasso side decorations!
Last edited by Cleanmonk on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleanmonk
Mutant Toy

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Sun Jul 21, 2019 1:36 am

A few days ago, I stumbled on the Forky kit for cheap at my Walmart and decided to make my own replica. He's not 100% since I still need to put on the rainbow sticker on his sticks but I like how he turned out. I used polymer clay for the base, unibrow, and mouth. The green sharpie for the "Bonnie" on his sticks looks dark in the 3rd pic but it's just because of the poor lighting.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby ToysTory » Sun Jul 21, 2019 7:19 pm

That is a solid Forky, SpaceSherriff. I love the facial expression. Also, is that a Medicom Woody I see? Freaking nice! I've wanted one for so long and have been slowly saving up for a while now.
ToysTory
Ant

Postby TheSpaceSheriff » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:56 pm

Thank you! I actually used your Forky as a bit of a reference for the "horrified" facial expression. 8D Yeah, I got him earlier this year after saving up last year off of CDJapan. He's not flawless but he's a well done figure that's worth it for the poseability imho.

I might try my hand at headswapping the TSC Woody's head with the soft and huggable one of these days. I came across this guy's imgur album of his "Frankensteined" accurate Woody he made from 4 different dolls.
https://imgur.com/gallery/Q05iVf6
https://imgur.com/gallery/lj7bdcr
"Falling with style", eh?
TheSpaceSheriff
Toy Collector

Location: Floating aimlessly in space (Hopefully Zurg doesn't capture me)

Postby Cleanmonk » Tue Jul 23, 2019 3:43 am

Edit:
The Doodle Pad is now done! I've also done some measurements and the size of the doodle pad should be around 6.5x9.5 inches if you were planning on making one:

Full uncompressed png images:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t5ejd ... NuNHp14EzY
Cleanmonk
Mutant Toy

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Sat Aug 03, 2019 3:02 pm

Cleanmonk wrote:Edit:
Full uncompressed png images:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1t5ejd ... NuNHp14EzY

Thanks Ckeanmonk, these look really cool! I'd watch out if I were you though, I posted my custom Stinky Pete box a while ago and since then someone took it and was selling it on etsy :cry: hopefully this doesn't happen here.
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

Postby Gramcrackr66 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:31 pm

Dinoco wrote:Looks great, Cleanmonk. Let me know if you need any help with reference pictures

Cleanmonk wrote:I recently finished up editing woody's voice box sayings, the only one I am unable to edit to sound clean is the wagon train one. but with toy story 4 using the line, I think im going to try and rip it from that when it comes to blu ray.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... zdCci1ZRzA

Sounds like the best move, I was pleasantly surprised to find that quote finally make a return. Though they did break apart the yee-haw from the rest of the phrase.

One thing I noticed with your clips is the pitches change pretty noticeably. I suppose this was an effect by Pixar to show that the speed was not consistent when his voice box was playing. It sounds like they mainly started doing this after the first movie.

So, how do you plan on transferring these voice lines onto the toy itself? I'm trying to replace the current Disney Store Woody's voice lines with the more toy-accurate ones, but have no idea on how to go about it. What're guys you gonna do?
Gramcrackr66

Postby booh88 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:11 am

The Toy Story 4 Officer Giggle McDimples Pet Patrol Playset has been out for a while now, I picked one up at Amazon UK. Aside from being a pretty damn close replica to the on-screen version (a few minor colour differences and the door opens the incorrect way) it also presents a great opportunity for stop-motion animation!

To that end I whipped up this little animation below replicating Giggles' introduction.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0xl5vQjsqO/

Check it out and let me know what you think!
booh88
Shark Bait

Re: Worth Gift Card Generator

Postby WmSanabria » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:28 am

Usually I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man, Keep it up.
Get here xbox gift code generator
WmSanabria

Postby CanadianTVBroadcasts » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:00 pm

booh88 wrote:The Toy Story 4 Officer Giggle McDimples Pet Patrol Playset has been out for a while now, I picked one up at Amazon UK. Aside from being a pretty damn close replica to the on-screen version (a few minor colour differences and the door opens the incorrect way) it also presents a great opportunity for stop-motion animation!

To that end I whipped up this little animation below replicating Giggles' introduction.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0xl5vQjsqO/

Check it out and let me know what you think!

Really cool animation! I love how you made it look like she was bouncing like she did in the film!

But has anyone noticed how weirdly this toy was distributed? Like it was available for like a few weeks and then stores like Target and Walmart stopped stocking it completely, and you can only buy her online. pretty weird.
CanadianTVBroadcasts
Ant

Re: Free gift card generator

Postby WmSanabria » Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:38 pm

I found your post interesting to read and i want to say that this is a best post i have ever seen until now. Take a look at Nintendo eShop gift card codes
WmSanabria

Previous

Return to Toy Story