My lego TS characters (spoilers)

Recently I’ve been thinking about making custom lego toy story characters. I’ve already made Mr. Potato Head, One-Eyed Bart and One-Eyed Betty.

I sort of copied something else for the potato heads. i used small bricks for the legs so they’d be more in scale.
I’m not sure whether I should paint my lego, though (hence why betty’s bandana is blue and bart’s is grey). Here are my other ideas:
Bo peep. Made like how I did with the potato heads, but it’d be black haired.
Mr. Shark and the barrel of monkeys, by using regular lego monkeys, a shark and a barrel.
Maybe 8-Ball, by painting a zamor thing from Bionicle.
Snake, by using a green snake.
Mr Mike, Mr. Spell and the Hockey Puck, by going over mini figure torsos.
Maybe Rocky and Troll, by going over mini figures, though I may have to use paint for the mask/hair respectively.
Mr. Potato Head picasso variation, along w/ maybe dirty variations of the potato heads.
I’m not sure about the hair, but I might make Dollie.
If I’m going to make Mrs. Potato Head, I’m not sure about the hat.
Etch, by going over one of those smooth square brick pieces.
Now about slinky, maybe he could be made by using bricks, like Rc. But I have no instructions on how to make him. Has anyone ever made a lego slinky?
Update:
I took Dinoco’s advice and used circular studs for Mr. Potato Head’s feet instead, and now it does look more like feet.

Also:
Buttercup, with a white horse (may be painted).
Lenny, with binoculars on an orange stud (may be painted).
EDIT:
The original Potato Head concept I copied here:
mocpages.com/moc.php/195836

Oh goodness, that looks awesome! :smiley:

Kewl.

Slinky please. :stuck_out_tongue:

Very creative. My only suggestion would be using round studs for Potato Head’s legs instead of square ones.

Oh my gosh, MIKE WAZOWSK-E!! This sounds soo cool and creative! I’m so glad you are doing some of the minor of Andy’s toys from the first two movies! I can’t wait to see how they end up! :laughing:

Thanks. I’ll try the round studs thing.

Sorry for the double post, but I’ll post more pictures soon.
EDIT: Stay tuned on my brickshelf gallery for more:
brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=TomRoid

Those are great! Has anybody seen Angus MacLane’s(Pixar animator) Cube Dudes? He’s done Woody, Jessie, Buzz, Rex and others.

I know there was a promotional Buzz cube dude (it’s not on bricklink, is it?) and I found Jessie and Woody.
So currently I’ve uploaded all my pics on brickshelf (besides the ones on the first post), but for some reason sunnyside is private. Currently the pics are blurry, but maybe I could use my DSi for updates. Also feel free to check out some of my other Brick stuff. I’ve got some great minifigure pics that I might upload soon.

Nice job! They all look pretty great! You are planning on customizing the horse to make it look more like Buttercup, right? Also are you going to paint the binoculars the colors of Lenny and the Monkeys red?

You found instructions for Woody?

No, I just found pics. Sorry. But after i found Buzz, Jessie and Woody I found MacLane’s page!
flickriver.com/photos/278260 … teresting/ (there’s also non-TS Pixar cube dudes there)
And I found this:
google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=h … 29,r:7,s:0

For Lenny, what I would do is use one of these pieces as the main body.
peeron.com/inv/parts/30526
Putting clear/white studs over the ends would give him eyes. I think the feet would be best as squares, since his feet are more in that shape.

I was also thinking about Mr. Spell, he would revolve around this handle.
peeron.com/inv/parts/48336
The rest would be smooth plates for a decal.

For Dolly, I think she’d be best with the stubby minifig legs, and this hair.
peeron.com/inv/parts/390

This is a fun thread!

The potato heads are so adorable in lego form! Nice work.

What do you mean? He’d just be a mainly flat object. I’ll try and get pictures of what I mean.

The mutant toys also have me thinking. Roller Bob just might be the easiest; get a Lego skateboard and stick a minifigure torso on the end. They also have an aviator’s hat and goggles that would work for him.

I also have an idea for Ducky, but that would be best shown with pictures.

So, got the pics yet?
Anyways,
got the Pizza Planet Truck and Garbage Truck.
Slinky-LEGO dog
Tots-Studs
Troll-Exo-Force hair (my brother may of had this idea)
Fire truck-Lego fire truck
EDIT: Did I mention that I copied a Mr. Potato Head minifigure to make mine?

Also, since the alien’s TALLER than mr. potato head, maybe I should just give him small legs.

My appologies for lateness, but here’s my thoughts.

For Mr. Spell, here’s the basic layout that I was getting at.

• I just used any handle with a 1x2 base (the one I posted before looks best).
  • Put tiles on top of it (2x2 corner plates will fill in the empty spaces), and then add a Mr. Spell keypad decal. For the tiles, I used two 1x4 tiles, but two 2x2 tiles would probably work better.

I guess Ducky can’t be made, since it would be hard to center something in the bottom of a minifigure torso, except for a pole or something. I was originally going to stack the round tiles to make it look like a spring, and put that on top of a 2x2 plate. The head would have to be custom, but if you color the neck stump in with red and raise the head, that would make it look more like Ducky’s Pez dispenser head.

As for Mr. Potato Head, I think scale really becomes irrelevant when it comes to minifigures, though the legs might fix that. My suggestion is putting the square plates on top of the round feet to give him some height. If that isn’t enough, I say move up to the stumpy legs that the aliens have.

Oh! Okay. Although I could use a keyboard piece for his Keyboard.
For ducky maybe I could make him out of bricks like this:
lego.wikia.com/wiki/1551_Duck

Sorry for double posting, but I think I could use Ninjago’s (a new lego theme in 2011) numchucks for One eyed betty. If you want a look:
4shared.com/document/DVV1Ix2 … -2011.html
Smeone posted the filelink then removed. Luckily someone quoted him. Heh heh…
UPDATE: RC’s remote could be like a switch like this:
lego.wikia.com/wiki/7687_City_Advent_Calendar