Pixar Planet

at Pixar, Who receives Cover Letter

This is the place to talk about the studio as well as the people and software behind it. Show off your knowledge and learn about news from the Emeryville headquarters including everything from Renderman to the Brain Trust to The Holy Trinity of Pixar.

Moderators: Pixar Planet Moderators, The Brain Trust

at Pixar, Who receives Cover Letter

Postby 1ntrud3r » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Does anyone who has internship experience at Pixar know the name of the staff at Pixar who receives cover letter? I am writing my cover letter for the 2011 internship application, but I hate to start with Dear Sir or Miss or To whom it may concern. So can anyone help? Or can I use: Dear Pixarian?
It is a long way to the top.
1ntrud3r

Postby little_chef_eva09 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:30 pm

Anyone who is writing a business letter, if they are unsure of who exactly will be receiving it, should always put "To whom it may concern", even if it sounds bland or unoriginal. However, it is professional, and that's important.

I'm no expert, and have never applied for an internship at Pixar, but I'd say just stick with that, and you should be good. :wink:

little chef
// Find me on: deviantART // Twitter // Tumblr //
little_chef_eva09
Pixar Planet Global Moderator

Postby 1ntrud3r » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:05 am

little_chef_eva09 wrote:Anyone who is writing a business letter, if they are unsure of who exactly will be receiving it, should always put "To whom it may concern", even if it sounds bland or unoriginal. However, it is professional, and that's important.

I'm no expert, and have never applied for an internship at Pixar, but I'd say just stick with that, and you should be good. :wink:

little chef

Hi little chef:
Thanks for your reply. I think I'd take your advice on this. I was going to use "To whom it may concern" anyway, I just need to find out that using this does not sound very rude. I think your reply have made clear of this.
It is a long way to the top.
1ntrud3r

Postby weirdykid » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:16 am

It really doesn't matter. I'm under the impression that they first screen the reels and then the paperwork. Your reel is the first thing that you have to get yourself in the door.
weirdykid
Ant

Re: at Pixar, Who receives Cover Letter

Postby BradRichardson » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:44 am

Views of the topic writers are done for the terrific employment for the future items. T is done for the use of the https://www.bestessay.org/ for all width of the slots for the humans. It is met for the marked opinion for the obvious counts for the future items.
BradRichardson

Return to The Pixar Studio & People