Little things in Pixar films that make you laugh :)

Recently, there was a moment in Brave which made me laugh out loud in the cinema. It’s when the triplets were running away from the dining table and one of them trips and lands on his face, spilling the jam tarts he’s hidden in his clothes. It’s just the ridiculous number of tarts he’s managed to steal that cracked me up. :laughing:

You can see it at 0:35 of the triplets’ character clip.

Ah yes, the triplets. Leave it to them to stir up some comedy in Scotland! I like when they distract everyone in the kingdom with a cooked chicken! :laughing:

One of my favorite things about Cars 2 is Mater’s dialogue:

“What’d you think, I just snuck in here when nobody was looking and pretended to be a waiter just so I could hang out with ya?”

"This first one I can reach into a car’s hood, pull out his battery, and show it to him before he stalls. I call it “What I Accidentally Did to My Friend Luigi Once!”

“Agents? You mean like insurance agents? Like - Like a good neighbor, Mater is THEEEEEEEEERE!”

Good to see my thread is going strong! Decided I’d add a little gem from Brave in here. Now, you know what Lord Dingwall did after his son managed a narrow victory in the games… my fave responses happen to be of a) Lord Macintosh having a fit of dry heaves and b) a mother in the background watching in shock as her kids start crying (and in turn covers their eyes) :laughing: The moment’s all the funnier when you keep an eye on those who, well… “feasted their eyes” 8D 8D

^I shall have to take a closer look at that scene next time I watch the movie!

One little thing in Pixar films that I super enjoy is the opening with Luxo Jr. A great way to start the movie!

I always enjoy the little innuendos that they usually slip into their movies.

I, on the other hand, love that they put in much less innuendo than most animation studios.

What I love is that the characters look and behave so real. You can’t help loving them!

Just the expressions on their faces are so funny. Particularly Woody in Toy Story, Marlin in Finding Nemo, and Lightning McQueen in Cars in my opinion. They make such quirky faces but I could imagine real people such as myself doing the same thing.

Talking about expressions, I’ve always found amazing, how expressive Mike can be, taking in consideration how simple his face is.

That is so true! I remember the filmmakers at one point talking about how they curved his eyebrow in a way that was like two eyebrows on a normal person. And that simple design of his is probably how they get to make him a huge comedic life saver. You can really play around with him for different jokes:

“But I love sports. Dodgeball was the best, oh yeah. I was the fastest one out there. 'Course I was the ball…but, I…was the ball, see - alright…” - Mike Wazowski, Monsters, Inc.

Yes. Pixar is fantastic with character animation. My favorite example is of course WALL-E and EVE. How they were able to carry a story lacking conventional dialogue was fantastic.

I love little details the most. Like the fact that Sulley feels his heart on the right side instead of the left.

I never noticed this!

^Wow, I didn’t know the bit about Sulley either! Similarly, I like how Dan Scanlon mentions that he’s not sure whether Mike’s braces are meant to straighten his teeth or make them crooked in college (probably the latter). :laughing:

I love the little bit at the start of Toy Story when the toys are listening to the radio to find out what Andy got for his birthday:

Toy Soldier: It appears to be… alright, it’s bedsheets.
Mr Potato Head: Bedsheets?! Who invited that kid?

There’s lots of little bits in the early Pixar movies that I didn’t find funny when I was little but think are absolutely hilarious now.

That line is gold.

Haha, yes. Mr. Potato Head is great for jokes in the Toy Story movies, and so is Hamm.

The scene where Mater takes Lightning McQueen out tractor-tipping:

(laughs) “I swear, tractors is so dumb!” Love that line! :laugh:

I love the Japanese chef in the wasabi scene of Cars 2.
“My condolences”

I love a lot of things about Pixar’s films, but there’s a lot of really small things in their movies that make me giggle or smile.

I can’t really recall a small thing that made me laugh but I do recall some really interesting stuff I read in The Art of Up. In Up, especially, it appears as if every little thing is there with a reason. Such symbolism in simple things such as shapes, it’s just wonderful.