Pixar Summer Internship 2015

Thanks for the link, story guy! To subscribe, there’s a check mark at the very bottom of this page.

Hey everyone!

I have been looking at this forum for a while now and finally decided to post. I applied for the production management internship (aka production internship). I wish Pixar had a dashboard like Disney internships do so we could follow our applications progress, but for now I will just have to watch this forum I guess!

Good luck to you all!
Alex

Dang, time just seems to fly by. Can’t believe it’s already internship season. Good luck to everyone applying this year!

Just heard that the story internship instructors will be at CalArts on March 17th to go over story portfolios.
Kind of makes me feel like there is no chance, as they have the top prospects in the world.
I wonder if they try to take people from different schools or if there is a chance that they might select all their interns from calarts.

Does anyone here study at or know somebody from calarts?

I went to the calarts calendar on their website but March 17th does not contain the word “Pixar” but maybe they just tend to be a bit quieter when they go somewhere. Where did you hear it? If you don’t mind me asking.

Afraid it’s true

[url]https://twitter.com/MatthewLuhn/status/572836072679464960[/url]

Matthew Luhn, is from what I hear, the main instructor at the story internship.

I would like to believe it’s unrelated to the internship, since we are past submission deadline and reviewing portfolios is something Matthew Luhn does on the side, apart from giving lectures and master classes.

Sure, any Pixar-quality feedback is going to serve your portfolio well, but that doesn’t mean they will blindly ignore a talented story artist that is not coming from Cal Arts.

I also hope the portfolio reviews arent for the s
Internship, but i have a feeling they are.

Seems like there are tins if great prospects there, so i guess it makes sense to go there and review portfolios personally. It probably saves recruiters lots of time.

However, i am not from calarts. So i hope they will leave some empty spots for non-calartians :slight_smile:

Either way I guess we won’t be hearing frim recruiters until after the calarts review, so hang in there everybody!

Did any of you have a profile update today? Maybe they are downloading the later half of intern apps?

Mine updated this morning around 8.

Mine updated March 1st at 7pm.
Anyone else updated at that time?

Mine also updated March 1st… although that might have been me updating my information, I doubt they started looking that day since it was a sunday… but you never know

Hi I also applied to the story internship this year. What da did you apply for the story internship?

So… who else is checking again and again to see if their information is correct?

I know I am but my profile hasn’t been updated yet at all

So am I. Though, I’m applying for their publicity internship. Everything is just as normal.

Huh. Did you apply for the production internship too?

Hey guys, do you think the date we applied on affects our chances of getting in?

I read somewhere that portfolios submitted close to the dradline might not be reviewed if the process is by order of submission.

I dont think this is true but would be happy to hear what you think/heard.

I hope not!

I imagine most of the submissions are delivered days before the deadline.

In my experience, the earlier I’ve applied, the earlier I get a response.

So if they find all their candidates in the first batch, they discard the rest without looking??