Planes

This is the end of the world as we know it… :open_mouth:

I hope someone at Pixar comes across this thread and sees what their super fans think…

I could not agree more. Though, just the way this sounds makes it makes me inclined to feel like it is completely a rumor. But if it’s not, then I won’t complain. I know they know what they’re doing.

Me too. If they find out that we think the idea’s a total waste of time, they’ll hopefully trash it. The Audience is key to Pixar, after all.

Actually, they’ve released a handful of direct to DVD holiday specials based on Shrek, Madagascar, etc.

Has anybody considered that maybe Planes is the spin-off short that will be included on the Cars 2 DVD? Like BURN-E or Dug’s Special Mission? Maybe if a plane character has a role in the upcoming Cars film they’ll give it a short of it’s own.

I hope it isn’t a full length straight-to-DVD sequel, because it would most likely be of lower quality than an ordinary Pixar film. If I remember correctly that’s exactly why Pixar were against making Toy Story 2 as a straight to video release- because they would knowingly be releasing something mediocre.

I’m not sure if I really believe that Planes is an actual concept of theirs. At the moment it seems pretty likey that it’s just a rumour, so I probably won’t take too much notice of it. Then again, Monster’s Inc. 2 was originally just a rumour… hmmm… :confused:

Nausicaa: I think I’d be okay with it if it was a 30 to 60 minute thing that was included with the Cars 2 DVD. If it’s a separate release I’ll be much less happy.

Bryko614: Yeah, I wouldn’t mind if it was just a DVD extra but if it’s a release of it’s own I’d be a bit annoyed.

Planes is gonna crash, pun fully intended.
Maybe it could work as a DVD extra, but otherwise it sounds like the worst idea ever.
I so hope this is just a silly rumor.

Maybe there’ll be snakes on those planes, lol.

Haha, and oil-sucking mosquitos.

Destination: The Carburator* County Gravyard (known to us humans as a junkyard)

I sure hope it is some kinda short film, or this is the first flop Pixar has ever made. In my opinion, anyway.

*I think that’s how you spell it. Hmmmm…

I’m no big fan of cars but maybe it’ll be intresting, like the cars toons. Though there are a number of people who don’t like Cars.

I hope it is released on the Cars 2 DVD. It may have been a misunderstanding like when the internet thought Cars 2 was coming out in December.

Pixar, this decade does not look promising.

At Pixar News Australia, they think it could just be mistaken for the Cars Toon “Mater the Aviator”, which is what I am thinking. Check out the article here:
[url]http://pixaraustralia.blogspot.com/2010/07/is-cars-planes-simply-mater-aviator.html[/url]

Furious Five, sequel to Kung Fu Panda, was direct-to-DVD. I’m told it wasn’t really a sequel, but a spin-off. Still…

KungFu Panda 2 comes out next year with Cars 2…and Happy Feet 2.

Also, I saw something about Space Chimps 2.

So many sequels. I can’t wait for Cars 2 though.

Cars was amazing, but Cars 2 doesn’t sound so good…sounds like they thinking a little spying will spice up the world or Cars. But yeah, it could still be good.

Planes, though…not likely to pass the Pixar test.

I can’t get enough of Cars…so yeah. :confused: But Planes, if true, will not be good. You’re right. But after seeing all of the opinions and evidence that makes it true or evidence that makes it false, I’m not going to care about Planes until someone on the internet knows what they’re talking about when they speak of it. No official information was released yet, at least I haven’t seen anything. So I stopped making a big deal out of something people know nothing about.

Some good news. Pixar is NOT developing the movie, it’s Disney Toon Studios. So if it’s bad, we can let it slide.
Keep in mind that Pixar has allowed DTS to develop spinoffs before (Buzz Lightyear of Star Command), but that certainly didn’t ruin their track record even though it wasn’t very good.

animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ … isney.html