Planes

I don’t like the idea either but e3haijessiex3 may be fight, I thought Up would be stupid when i first saw the teaser trailer, but I was wrong. A good plot may be a plane that wants to fly aroind the world back in the 1920s/30s, His father also wants to do that so he decideds he is going to do that. After practising for a few years he goes aross the world. When he dosen’t return, others think’s he’s lost and look for him, they can’t find him so he’s pronosed dead. The son dosen’t belive it and think’s his dad is still alive. Many other’s including his mom tell him to give up and accept he is dead. Many years later, he goes aross the world with a friend to prove to the world and mom his father is still alive.

As Bryko614 mentioned, Planes will be produced by DisneyToon Studios, not Pixar, so for those who were worried (myself included), fear not.

Also, with all due respect to some posters, I think it’s ridiculous to assume that this spin-off film will bomb long before it’s even released (doesn’t matter if it’s Pixar-produced or not). Quoting Biggest_Pixar_Fan_Ami for example (and I mean no offense; it’s just a little constructive criticism I think I need to get across), “I sure hope it is some kinda short film, or this is the first flop Pixar has ever made.” The film isn’t even out, so isn’t it kind of early to make such a statement? It’s okay to be a little worried (as I was), but when we jump to conclusions like this, we’re neither being helpful nor being encouraging to Pixar, which means we’re not really going anywhere…

Again, I mean no offense. I just hope some people begin to realize what I just said above.

Yeah, I agree with CountSolo one this one, assuming that Planes is bad is like judging a book by its cover. Or judging a film by its premise!

Once again, we have no confirmation on that. The comment was posted anonymously.

Nope. Steve Hulett himself posted a comment in his own blog post making the same claim:

animationguildblog.blogspot.com/ … 3542222304

That’s funny, I didn’t know it was April 1st.

Wait, what? This is a terrible idea. I’m going to pretend it has no chance of being real.

And Frozone would be on it! :wink:

It’s actually Disney Toon Studios, not Pixar. Phew.

slashfilm.com/2010/07/20/car … not-pixar/

Praise be to Jesus, Buddha, Shiva, Zeus, Mohammed, Thor, Jupiter, the Dalai Lama, Oprah, John Lasseter, and whatever other deities/gods you choose to worship. Phew, I was a little worried there :smiley: Usually I don’t judge a book by a cover (or a movie by its premise, as it were), but I didn’t want to se Pixar taking the “direct-to-DVD” route.

Thank the lord! I’m so relieved. Hopefully it’s just a minor blip on the Pixar radar, just as Buzz Lightyear of Star Command was.

YES! :smiley:

Phhhhew I was soo worried. Thank God. I didn’t think Pixar would do something like that, but you never know.

Does anyone else find it annoying that Disney’s even making a Car’s spinoff?

While it is a relief that Pixar isn’t producing this, like Evangeline, I find it annoying that the reason Disney is doing it is “to take advantage of the enormously lucrative direct-to-video market”. Read: Riding off Cars success to make a quick buck from suckers.

It is interesting, though, how animation jobs are now being outsourced to India (as we have seen from Roadside Romeo and Alpha & Omega). Who knows, maybe the next Pixar will come from there!

But yeah, I’ll just sit tight and see how this goes. Can’t wait for a trailer (and no, I’m not being sarcastic. I just take an interest in how other studios are doing in relation to Pixar).

Now that Pixar’s not doing anything with it, I’m worried. But I’m also quite excited to see how Disney handles it themselves. Like thedriveintheatre said, I’ll just wait for a trailer.

Disney spin-offs of Pixar stuff is usually…well,

Mediocre. However, as long as it does not bear the Pixar label, I can ignore, and maybe even love, it. To this day I still love BLoSC, so maybe it’ll be half the way to half decent…

^ the robot was always my favorite character :slight_smile: .

Im personally glad that Disney Toon studios took over, although it could have been possible that late in production Pixar (or Disney) would make it a main feature, like Toy Story 2

Even though those comments are old, that’s still the joke of the day. :laughing:

PPT, I liked Buzz and Mira. :smiley:

It could be that Planes is a good fit for DisneyToon as the TinkerBell series winds down. Also, it could turn out that Prana Studios (India) animates Planes as it did the TinkerBell movies. The quality of TinkerBell is excellent for direct-to-video (with some international release in theatres), and John Lasseter has clearly put his name on the series as executive producer. So there’s every reason to think that Planes will have decent animation, especially if Lasseter is executive producer…which seems likely.

I’m actually interested in planes. I mean, I hate stupid money-maker schemes more than the next person, but if this turns out like BLoSC, it could be okay. I mean, it wasn’t great, but it’s so stupid it’s hilarious.

Not even going to watch this. I’m not supporting Disney’s moneygrubbing endeavors. Cars 2 is bad enough, but this is just milking Cars too far in my opinion.

Aw, I’m sorry you feel that way, Bryko. You think maybe if it was okay, you’d change your mind?