Pixar Planet Awards

What makes Pixar Planet so special? The members, of course! I was thinking we could have an annual awards ceremony as voted by you. There would be different categories and the awards would be given out before the end of this year. I’ve thought up a few awards but would love some more suggestions:

• Favourite Member
  • Most Helpful
  • Favourite Moderator or Admin
  • Most Creative Thread Maker
  • Craziest Pixar Fan AKA ‘Fan Most Likely to Scale the Walls of Pixar’
  • Member Most Likely to Get a Job at Pixar
  • Most Active Member
  • Best Graphics and Icons Maker
  • Best Video Maker
  • Best Fan Artist
  • Favourite New Member (of 2008)
  • Favourite Fandom Outlet

More suggestions would be appreciated as well as feedback on the general idea of the awards. If the staff at Pixar Planet don’t want to endorse this, then I can change it to the Unofficial Awards. I haven’t thought out the details yet, but you could perhaps PM your votes to me so it will be kept a secret until it’s announced, but that will be sorted out later. Do not send me your votes yet.

:mrgreen:

absolutely!!!

I wouldn’t say favorite…i’d say best or most recognized. Saying favorite is like popularity…

But ya!!! Please MODS let this go…i’d love to do this. We did this at Eggxpert but they had 10,000 members trying to vie for awards. It was horrible.

This place is so small users know who they would vote for and the awards might be able to be placed in Sigs or under Avatars…

PLEASE!!!

I love the idea rachel. I have a few suggestions for nomination categories.

Best Fanfiction Story/Writer
Friendliest Member
Biggest Contributor

Those are some that I thought up in my head. What should happen is everyone PMs you their nominations, then you post up the names, then we vote.

Here are some more awards;

top 5 or 10 Fan Fictions
most outspoken member
top 5 sigs
top 5 avatars

Most active
Toy Story poster
Walle Poster
Ratatouille Poster
A Bug’s Life Poster
Cars Poster
The Incredibles Poster
Finding Nemo Poster
Monsters Inc Poster

oooohhh…you beat me by minute…some of those were mine i tell you mine!!!

That’s a splendid idea, rachel! This is going to be super duper if the mods veto it! I know what awards I’ll be gunning for… :smiley:
Oh, and nice suggestions too, TSS and Al-Bob.

That’s a really good idea, Rachel! Loving all the categories you and everyone else have suggested so far, too. I can’t think of any others that haven’t been mentioned at the moment, but if I think of any more, I’ll post them here.

And a PM vote is a good idea, to keep it more private. Do you think it would be a good idea to have a shortlist, or just to go straight to voting when the time comes?

Hey, that’s a great idea!
If it becomes a yearly thing, then besides the yearly awards, you could also add a Pixar Planet Lifetime Achievement award for those of you who have been around a long time here…

miafka: Well, this site has only been around for a little over 2 years, so I think it might be early for a Lifetime Award.

Awesome idea, Rachel! I already have a few nominations in mind. :wink:

Hey JesusFreak…my friend :wink: :wink:

LOL

what are the awards we are going to use??

Ohhh, I see what you did there… :wink:

hehe.

Well, wait for rachel to construct the overall masterlist.

okie-dokie

I’m liking this idea, but don’t let it become a popularity contest!! :smiley:

that is exactly right martini833

not popularity…or favorite…
the one who deserves it the most.

Hey! Maybe we could do nominations…like the emmy’s.
Then we will vote off of those.

martinWell, isn’t most award shows that is based on fan-vote popularity contests? :wink: But I agree. We all should keep in mind of which is the most deserving and try not to be biased.

Good idea, rachelcakes! I think this’d be a great addition to the board! :smiley:

Oooh, this sounds fun. ^^ I love these kinds of things.

Totally TSS, you’re right about that. Maybe I should restate what I meant., I hope people vote for the person who deserves it and I also hope people don’t “campaign” it’s just a little awards thing. :wink: Also I’d hate people to bump up their posts just to get recognized and spam the boards.
Anyhow, let the nominations begin!