2012: The Best Year in Film Industry???

Some films that I’m anticipating next year.

1. Brave
  2. The Avengers
  3. The Dark Knight Rises
  4. The Amazing Spiderman
  5. The Hunger Games
  6. Wreck-It Ralph
  7. John Carter

how on earth could I forget about FINDING NEMO in 3D???

FIX IT:

[size=150][b]6. The Avengers
5. The Hobbit Part 1
4. Finding Nemo 3D
3. John Carter
2. Brave

1. The Dark Knight Rises[/b][/size]

Brave, and the Avengers. I’m not interested in any others ?I know of.

The Hunger Games looks so good based on the trailer, surprisingly. I’m excited to see it.

I also want to see:

• Brave
  • Dr. Seuss’ The Lorax
  • John Carter (not actually excited judging by the trailers… :frowning: )
  • The Amazing Spider-Man
  • The Dark Knight Rises
  • Paranorman
  • Frankenweenie
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Django Unchained

there has only been one, but tomorrow a new tralier will be launched, so excited

Oh, I didn’t know this! I definitely want to see more. The first trailer was dull, and I have been looking forward to seeing Stanton do live-action stuff.

I know I posted here a while ago but I’m gonna post again.

1. The Cabin In The Woods
  2. Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter
  3. Men In Black 3
  4. Paranorman
  5. Brave
  6. The Hobbit There And Back Again
  7. The Hunger Games
  8. The Amazing Spider-Man
  9. The Avengers
  10. The Dark Knight Rises

Takes a deep breath…Goon and War Horse which i’ve already seen, Tatsumi, A Monster In Paris, Women In Black, Man on a Ledge, The Muppets, The Descendants (these films haven’t come out here yet), Beauty and the Beast 3D, Gone, The Lorax, John Carter, Raven, The Hunger Games, Pirates! Band of Misfits, The Avengers, The Men In Black 3, Prometheus, Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Brave, The Dark Knight Rises, Paranorman, Finding Nemo 3D, Frankenweenie, Skyfall, Wreck-It Ralph, Lincoln and of course, The Hobbit.

I wouldn’t call this year the “best” year for films but this year looks promising.

I want to see:

-The muppets
-War horse
-Brave
-Men in black 3
-Finding nemo 3D
-Madagascar 3 :blush:
-The avengers(possibly)

Anyone know if or when From up on poppy hill will be released?

That’s a good question. I haven’t heard anything about it, but the movie is aimed at an older audience than that of Ponyo, Arietty, or the other Ghibli movies released in America with the help of Disney. Some citations on Wikipedia say that the Japanese audience is 87% 16 and older. It also has no elements of fantasy, so I’m guessing it will get a limited release similar to Tales from Earthsea—if anything.

EDIT

Oh, but you’re from the UK. That might make things different, but I still think it will get a limited release.

The UK got Arietty last summer but it was limited on release-it was in mainstream cinema for maybe a week-but having said that the DVD seems to be selling well and getting heavily advertised, which is, I am assuming, due to Disney’s help.

Having a look on IMDB, From Up on Poppy Hill got a French release last week, again presumably limited, so I’m hoping we’re not too far behind. No news on US release though :neutral_face: . Alas, I can’t see Disney going all out to promote this one.

I just want Disney to release Only Yesterday in America already. It’s one of Ghibli’s best, too! :unamused:

The only 2012 films I’m excited for are Brave and Lincoln.

:mrgreen: I have Only Yesterday! It’s one of their best, I agree :slight_smile:

I’m jealous. The collector in me is ready to purchase a region-free DVD player and the imported DVD from Japan. :frowning: But I guess that would be an investment since I watch a lot of East Asian films that aren’t available in the US.

The only god movie comiing outr this year is already out–Beauty and the Beast.

Maybe Radio Rebel.

The only other one that could possibly be good is Rise of the Guardians, but knowing Dreamworks, it probably won’t be.

As for Wreck-It Ralph, I wish they would replace Kano with Psyduck…and it’s sure to have video game references I won’t recognize.

I’m probably the only person on Earth who’s looking forward to Chronicle way more than The Dark Knight Rises.

I don’t know, this year looks like too many sequels, spinoffs and genral “Meh” movies. I’m just looking forward to Brave, and Star Trek 2 but thats been pushed into 2013. I’m a trekkie.

Like I said, it’ll probably just be another ordinary year for films.