A Bug's Life Sequel??

I agree with that agreement.

Some shorts would be cute. The only thing I wonder about would be the circus gang, and if Flik and Atta got married.

I wonder that too!

I think they did, we just didn’t see it. Atta’s gown would’ve been gorgeous.

I know that the insects wear headdresses, but I didn’t think about clothes :open_mouth: I wonder what it would look like.

Grass? Mabey that would make it out of cotton.

I had this idea of a grown-up/teenage Dot actually (which means they could attempt to pawn back Hayden Panneterre…however you spell her name, like they did with Toy Story 3), and she wants to have her own life outside of the colony, because of Flik’s encouragment to “think for herself”, but it all goes horribly wrong and she is kidnapped or held hostage or something, and everybody has to fight to get her back. It sounds a bit silly really, but just a though, :slight_smile:

That sounds interesting actually definedancing! It would make an interesting fan-fic.

In my own ABL headcanon (which is vast), clothing is not seen as a necessity like we do, but merely as a form of self-expression, not unlike tattoos.

I would like it if they did since Pixar’s sequels are usually still good movies and A Bug’s Life was one of my favourites.

I don’t think ABL really needs a sequel. Although, I do think Pixar should make some type of short related to the movie. It would be a nice way of seeing our favorite characters again. :slight_smile:

Yeah, I agree. It’d be very unnecessary to have a sequel I think.

I may not have minded one a while back, but as unfair as this may sound, I think too much time has passed. It’s been 15 years since the original (woohoo, congrats!) and the one movie is all we’ve seen. Plus, I think several of the actors from this movie are no longer alive. I think Pixar knows that this is the one that maybe isn’t as well-remembered even though it’s just as awesome as the rest. I imagine they like it the way it is and want to remember it as it’s own film in Pixar’s little place of history.

Time wouldn’t really be a problem if it were as popular, but as a once said, it was sandwiched inbetween the first two Toy Story movies. I think the ones that have sequels right now are because they are the most popular. I meant in the case of A Bug’s Life, time would probably be an issue. But maybe it could work.

That’s why a lot of sequels are released a few years after the last film. Only the really popular ones can get a sequel years later, but probably not if they’re not too well remembered like A Bug’s Life.

I don’t think time at all is a problem. Look at Star Wars, for example. Still incredibly popular.

But A Bug’s Life is basically a forgotten film. You don’t hear much about it. Mosnters Inc and Toy Story had sequels over a decade later. But they were still popular. So no, time is not an issue at all.

I think all of Pixar’s films deserve a sequel. Including the short films, too!

Or, better yet, an “ultimate crossover”?

An ultimate crossover? That’s sounds awesome! I wonder how that would work…

I just want to hear more of Dave Foley’s voice. :laughing: It was nice seeing him back at Pixar with MU. I’m sure he’d like to record his voice for the sequel, Lord knows he needs the money.

I’d love a bug’s life sequel if they had a good story that had that same quirky charm as the first. I honestly think though that this’d be the last Pixar film that would get a sequel.

And plus, A Bug’s Life is probably the least popular Pixar film. Most people I talk to have never seen it or don’t remember it very well…

Yeah, that’s defintely true. It’s easily the forgotten film, probablly because it was squisehd between two Toy Story films and the Antz controversy.

I just found out this interesting rumor on wdwinfo.com:

Is Disney/Pixar Hinting at an Upcoming “A Bug’s Life” Sequel?

I don’t know if they’re actually doing it. For one thing, it has not yet officially been announced by Disney, and for another thing, they’d have to recast a lot of the characters, but wouldn’t a Bug’s Life sequel be awesome?