A Toy Story room for my son!

I just said I know them. Being friends with those heathens would be taking it too far 8D

if i were you I’d show him the films now I was 4 months old when my parents took me and my older sister to see the first to story back in 1995 it was the first film I saw and it has been my favorite every since its best to expose it to him now before he latches onto another franchise just saying

It’s chill to like more than one “franchise”. :sunglasses:

FakeBritishAccent: If your son is going to watch all 3 Toy Story movies when it’s time, and especially if you start with the first one, he might have a chance of becoming so interested in Pixar’s works that you might want for him to see the other Pixar features. And whatever you do, don’t forget the short films–including the Toy Story Toons. Because from my experience as a Pixar fanatic who was born in the year Toy Story came out, there’s always going to be something Pixar that will surely get some people influenced into eventually becoming a fanatic–any Pixar film or a certain character that came from the Pixar world, anytime, anywhere, any piece of merchandise found in retail stores or online (not just movies and their soundtrack, but also toys and books and games and stuff)–and yet another common quality for many of us Pixar fanatics, like those of us here at Pixar Planet, may have a good chance of dreaming so often about wanting to work at Pixar someday. And of course, also from my experience, if you happen to meet someone in person somewhere who actually works at Pixar, there’s a good chance that the animator you meet in person might give you and your son a private tour of the studio in Emeryville (located at the Bay Area).

Oh, I’ll definitely show him every Pixar film there is. We already own most everything on DVD (I don’t have the Pixar shorts collections or Cars 2).

But here’s a huge update: Thanks to WoodBuzz101’s post, I sat down with my son and watched all three Toy Story films in two days! Here’s the breakdown of how he reacted:

Toy Story: Initially, he was immediately at attention. He sat quietly and wide-eyed on my lap and watched the film. Then I made the mistake of giving him his Woody to see if he would make the connection. That’s when he lost interest in the film and started playing with his Woody doll. I gave up on getting him to sit through the rest of the movie about halfway through and gave him his Buzz to play with as well. Now, here’s where it got interesting: Jack lost ALL interest in Woody and focused solely on playing with Buzz. It was definitely life imitating art. He loved pressing Buzz’s talk buttons, his laser, and opening Buzz’s helmet and holding Buzz’s head to keep it from moving left and right. He was still too small to activate Buzz’s wings, but I did it for him and he kept trying to press it down himself. Meanwhile, I showed him how to pull Woody’s string and make him talk…but it didn’t matter. Buzz WON. I made a mental note: No toys during the movies from now on. The next day we watched the rest of the movie toyfree and he was riveted yet again, particularly during the escape from Sid’s House/Buzz rescue scenes.

Toy Story 2: Since the movie opens fantastically and prominently features Buzz, Jack was stuck from the start. He was able to focus on the movie for the most part, but a few times he got fidgety and wanted to walk around. I paused the film and we had some lunch and a nap and then finished part 2. Right after it was done, I popped in…

Toy Story 3: Again, Jack sat and watched intently, but I have no idea what he was thinking. Again, I didn’t want to divert his attention from the movie, so there weren’t any toys around. During the Caterpillar Room scene, I think he might’ve gotten startled by all the screaming kids, but who knows? He did fall asleep during the film, missing the entire escape scenes. One thing worth mentioning: This was the first time that he’s witnessed his father crying. Like all the previous times I’ve seen the movie, I broke out into loud, sobbing tears several times (particularly during the final scenes, of course). Every time this happened, Jack (who was sitting in my lap) would look up at me to see what was wrong, I guess. I would then kiss his forehead and he’d go back to the movie.

Here’s what was different for ME. Every time I watched the movie, what made me sad was me realizing that I myself had grown older (even though I still have my toys). This time, what made my cry was the fact that JACK will grow up one day, go to college, etc. I’ll tell you this, though: As soon as he grows out of his toys, I’ll spirit them away and restore them to the best of my ability. And then one day when Jack has children of his own, I’ll give them back to him to give to my grandchildren!

-Jonaas

I think it’s really cool that you introduced your son to the Toy Story films as young as he is, and that he seemed to enjoy them! I find it quite funny that he was all over Buzz… better make sure that Buzz doesn’t go missing at some point… 8D (Sorry, Woody! I’m just joking!) It’ll be interesting to see how he reacts to the films as he gets older, but planting little seeds of Pixar from the start is always a good idea… I still remember the first time seeing fragments of the first Toy Story when I was four :slight_smile:

Wow! this looks amazing!

The idea of your son watching Toy Story for the first time and seeing HIS toy come to life is wonderful! He is a very lucky boy!

I remember watching Monsters, Inc. a lot when I was little. ;-p I always called the M with the eye in the middle “Lucy” for some reason…

i still have an 18 year old video tape of toy story. it looks like a charlie chaplin movie. all torn up and stuff.

Yeah, he WAS a Buzz fan…but for the past two weeks or so, the doll he can’t seem to get enough of is JESSIE! He drags it all over the house and when he’s sitting in his crib or playpen, he’ll pull and repull her string over and over again 8D

-Jonaas

^Awww! Not often you think of Jessie getting love from a little boy, but that’s really sweet! :slight_smile:

That is too adorable. Jessie from the films would be overjoyed by that!

it hant lost that wow factor yet. i always wanted my room like andy’s.

What the ???

what the heck is the what the for? dont you want a room like andys?

Read my entire post mintinthebox. I quoted someone and then replied, “What the ???”

alright, sorry. i dont like quote boxes. sorry.

That is an AMAZING room! I saw this a while back ago, and I must say, this is the room I ALWAYS wanted as a little boy. Never did get it though…

I know this is years ago. But I have a favour to ask. Like a weirdo I found you on Facebook and I’ve sent you a message :woman_facepalming:t3:

1 Like

Hey there! I didn’t get your Facebook message…how can I help you?