A Toy Story room for my son!

Sir, you deserve a gold medal. I’m drooling over the pictures. I can’t get over how amazing your work looks. I’m sure your son will love it dearly. In a way, it reminds me of what my father did for me as a child.

Good luck to you, sir.

Thank you, sir. Let’s just hope that I make as big of an impression on Jack as your father made on you. What sort of stuff did your dad do for you, if you don’t mind me asking. I could use all the good advice I can get before Jack is born.

-Jonaas

Well, for example, he would build me a few shelves and made me a train table for my wooden trains. It was enough to inspire me to create my own items from scratch. You could always make things along the way as he grows up if he’s in need of something. Also, I’ll pitch this in. My father also had me grow up on video games. Things like Mario, Sonic, the fabric of our culture. It’s entirely up to you if you want him to grow up on games.

Take care. :wink:

That’s EXACTLY how I want to affect Jack’s life. When I was a kid, if there’s was something I wanted but I couldn’t afford (or it didn’t exist) I’d make it myself with bits and pieces I’d find in the garage or the kitchen. It’s great to know that your dad was able to affect you in the exact same way. As for video games, I’m DEFINITELY going to expose Jack to that stuff (just as long as his mother doesn’t find out 8D )

-Jonaas

How did you do the stars on the walls?

I ordered custom vinyl stickers from a seller on etsy. I bought a sheet of 125 in three different sizes for a really good price. You simply unroll the sheet, cut out the star, peel off the sticker, rub it down onto the wall, and then peel off the clear backing. It was a little time-consuming, but their quality is great and they stick perfectly. It took about three days to get them all up, but that’s NOTHING compared to how long it would take to paint each star individually.

If you’re interested in getting some stars for yourself, I’ll dig up the seller’s name for you.

-Jonaas

As a lifelong Toy Story fan, I can say I’m truly impressed. I’m sure every fan has always wanted to recreate Andy’s room (not excluding myself). Well, it looks like the perfect situation has presented itself, and your son will have something to cherish.

As far as sharing and buying/selling goes, I think it’s gotten a little bit out of hand. I took a little break from the forums because there seemed to be little interest in the actual movies themselves, but rather people only wanting to get their hands on merchandise. Don’t get me wrong, the custom projects are always exciting because it’s nice to see something new created by the talent of the fans.

Thanks for the kind words, sir. Also, I think you might be right about the buying/selling aspect of the forums, but I also think that such interest in the more capitalistic aspects of the forum is still rooted in a love for the films. After my first post here, I was slammed with offers for new additions to Jack’s room, but nothing seemed excessive or inappropriate and all offers were from folks who saw immediately what toys I was missing. But you’re completely correct about one thing: There is a definite line where I know that enough is enough…and that line is my dwindling bank account balance 8D

-Jonaas

That is some mind blowing work on this room you’ve done. It’s going to be awkward if Jack ends up preferring Dreamworks though :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey there, everyone! So someone requested a video walkthrough of my son’s room. Here it is! Sorry…I didn’t feel like giving anyone a guided tour of the room, but if anyone has any questions, feel free to message me.

youtube.com/watch?v=0ZEJJZSj … e=youtu.be

-Jonaas

Lovely stuff :smiley:

Thanks for making it! :slight_smile:

Holy wow! That is amazing,and you need some sort of award!

And let me say, Jack is one of my favorite names.

I watched the video. It’s such an amazing room! I think I’d be jealous if I was still young! JK, I hope and bet Jack loves this room, he’s got his childhood made! :smiley:

Jack is now 6 months-old, and while he’s still way too young to watch and understand the films, I can honestly say that he gets absolutely spellbound when he’s in his room (he generally sleeps in a basinet in me and my wife’s room). I’ll be sitting in a rocking chair with the boy in my lap and his eyes grow as large as saucers as he looks around. As for the toys, I’m sticking to what I said months ago: Woody is the only toy from the films that we let him interact with. We’re saving the rest until after he’s seen all three movies.

-Jonaas

It would be a real bi**h if he didn’t like toy story, but that would be imposible. You should by him the dvds and show it to him alot so they become his childhood favs (but not too much you know you don’t wan’t them to become anyoning and it’s bad for him).

Nice surname btw.

Dude this is awesome, you are the best dad in the world! (But my dad is awesome like you as well)

Yes, I think having all that stuff in his room will make it very difficult for him not to like it.

Not that many people in this world actually dislike that film, though I know a few.

I want to wait until he’s old enough to comprehend the films before I attempt to show them to him (he’s 9 months now)…but it’s REALLY REALLY HARD. Me and my wife have annual passes to Disneyland and we take Jack there frequently…but I always turn him away from any footage from the movies. I want his only exposure to the films to be his Woody and Buzz dolls and then one day, I want to spring the movies on him to freak him out (in a good way, that is).

And the name “FakeBritishAccent” came from the fact that when I was a bored cashier at Best Buy, I’d start talking in a fake British accent halfway through the day to my customers.

Thanks for the kind words, friend! It’s awesome dads like yours that make the world a better place.

Who are these heathens and why are you still friends with them ;-p

-Jonaas

I just said I know them. Being friends with those heathens would be taking it too far 8D