A Toy Story room for my son!

Thanks for sharing. Hopefully we can give you some great ideas for your kids room.

@toystory21: Thank you! Not only have they given me ideas, but so many people have already offered to sell me some of the rarer toys that I’m missing (which is both a blessing and a curse 8D ).

Yeah I understand lol

Wow! You have done an incredible job on this bedroom! The detail you’ve put into this is amazing! Great, great job! Oh, and if you’re looking for a less-expensive, non-talking, movie-size Rex, I got this little Thinkway gem from Toys R Us for $30! It’s actually great quality, and the poor reviews aren’t exactly the case whatsoever. I reviewed it under the name PixarPerson. toysrus.com/product/index.js … cter+Theme
Apologies if you’ve already seen this; just hoping to lend a hand!

@ObsessedWithPixar: Yeah, that’s the same Rex I got for the room and I’m really, really happy with it. The only thing that irks me is the size…but it’s truer in function to the Rex in the movie (which I assumed was simply rotocast vinyl with few moving joints). I know that the TSC Rex is accurately sized, but I could do without the sound fx. Thanks for the kind words, friend!

-Jonaas

Wow $6000 for that bed? that’s crazy. Especially considering its not even completely accurate . Sure it’s the closest Ive seen so far, but the head board isn’t quite right. The hump needs to be taller and wider. It’d be fine it it were the price of a normal bed but for that kind of money I’d expect it to look more screen accurate than that.

One of these days I’ll learn how to work with wood and make my own Andy’s bed and dresser.

As for the main topic, I cant comment on it yet, I’m too freakin jealous.

This is one of my favourite Pixar fan project ever!

It’s as accurate as I think it can get.

Your son is very loved by his parents, and he’s lucky.

(Now you should have a daughter and make a Boo room) 8D

This room is just straight-up, absolutely, stunning. You are going to be amazing parents. Everything about the room is amazing, from the Toy Story toys to the wallpaper to the posters to the Bob-omb plush. The secret Nerf compartment is genius. Makes me kind of jealous, honestly.

The funny thing is that instead of your kid seeing Toy Story and wanting the toys from it, he’ll see Toy Story and be like “Those are MY toys!”

Yeah, probably for the first few year he won’t understand why his room is on TV 8D

FakeBritishAccent - Really? There’s a size difference between the TSC Rex and mine? I didn’t notice. I bought mine a Toys R Us the day I saw TS3 after comparing it exactly to the TSC one. Maybe I was just to hyped about the movie I’d just seen to notice, but it’s understandable. But I think the Non-TSC one is the closest you can get!

Someone posted this a while back.

He might even just assume that all little boy’s bedrooms look like that. Or that its very common anyway. heh

Yes, that could be a reasonable reaction.

toystory21 - Wow… that is some difference there. But the packaging on my Rex said it was “original movie size”, and he looks perfectly on-scale with my Slinky Dog, so the non-TSC is still my first choice.

I originally bought that one also but when I compared it size to the TSC Aliens I was insulted that they advertised it as such it’s not movie size.

toystory21 - Huh… I admit I really didn’t see the two exactly next to each other; all I could tell is that they looked almost exactly alike in appearance. And hey, the non-TSC is less expensive and easier to play with in my opinion. I’m not a serious collector, I’m just a Toy Story superfan. Now, I guess I better get back on subject…

Wow, this is really fantastic! I’m so glad you used those Andy’s Room drawings I did way back when! Not only am I glad to see that someone found a use for them, but I’d have never thought they would ever be used for such an incredible project. Amazing work!

@Kyle: No way was I paying $6000 for that bed. Just to put it in perspective, the entire ROOM cost less than $1000, including all the toys. The headboard was the first serious wood project I’d ever attempted, but I understand if I want to make a completely screen accurate bed, I’d need to buy a wood lathe…and then learn how to use it :confused: For now, I’m just happy with what we were able to pull off.

@Spirit of Adventure: Before we knew the baby’s gender, we decided that if it were a girl, we would base the room on Princess Bubblegum’s candy castle from “Adventure Time.” Boo’s room is cute, but it wouldn’t be truly distinctive unless I threw in a reassembled door and one of those life size Sully mannequins they had in movie theaters for a while 8D

@NachozRule: Actually, the wife and I decided that with the exception of Woody, all of the other toys will be locked into the Covered Wagon trunk UNTIL we show him the first Toy Story (we figure around age 3 or 4). If it were the other way around, I’m sure the movie would end up freaking him out somehow ;-p

@toystory21 and ObsessedWithPixar: Oooooh…THERE’S the pic I remember. It brings chills to my spine when I see how huge my Rex COULD be.

@Toodles: Your drawings are AMAZING, friend. I saved them way back in February when I was just a lurker here and everyone who’s seen them say the same thing: “You printed these out? They look like actual crayon drawings!” I’m glad I can finally acknowledge you for your hard work. Printing out your drawings and then tacking them onto the bulliten board was the very step I took in making this room…and the fact that they looked so great is what kept me motivated. Once again, thank you, thank you, thank you!

@FakeBritishAccent which Lenny are you using for your (soon to be born) son’s room?

@gleeksmagic: I picked up the Burger King Lenny for about 3 bucks on eBay. Yeah, I know he’s a bit on the small side, but he currently looks perfect to me standing on top of my yellow-barrelled monkeys.