A Wall-E sequel petition,,,,, Plz READ!!!!

I think it would be greate to have a new Wall-E sequel. SOOOOO I made a petition for it! And don’t call me a geek because I actually do something instead of just hoping for the best :smiley: If you want to see a Wall-E sequel, go to

petitionspot.com/petitions/walle2

and sign the petition.

Also, this just came into my head. If EVE and Wall-E are going to stay together, as a family, shouldn’t they have kids? Not literally, that would disgust me :frowning:
At the end of the movie the reject bots look like they’re gonna stay with Wall-E and EVE now, and I couldn’t imagine it any other way. So, EVE and Wall-E might have to kinda raise the reject bots. In this video, youtube.com/watch?v=84Z0Y_PG … re=related
the director explains that the reject bots are “like children.” Maybe they need some more loving care to fix themselves? What do you think about that

I think that they should try to do another walle but only if they could get over some hurdles. I’m sure that walle fandom will last for a while.

Walle 2 all the way!

Although I always like to see more from Pixar, I don’t feel Wall-E needs a sequel. I think it’s fine as it is.

Best of luck to you though! Perhaps Pixar can come up with more to say - seems there’s a lot there to develop on anyways.

Perhaps a parallel involving another robot from Japan?

Just a little film in the same time period of another nation’s ship would be pretty cool too.

they could write about their kids or they could talk about another robot that was created. Maybe they could talk about that defective group?

I think Wall-E was awsome (I have a Wall-E ad on my myspace and my freinds think I’m weird) But I’m not sure that pixar will be able to make a sequel of wall-E. It seems like that idea has been used up. But if their is a sequel, I’m gonna see it opening day!

i can say that the sequel would be really hard to do but since the film was so great anyone would love to see walle 2.

Pixar definetly has potential to pull of a good sequel, but I just belive that WALL-E is perfect by itself.

WALL-E does not need a sequel- far from it. It is, as most of Pixar’s creations are, one single entity. Pixar doesn’t make films with sequels in mind, and that, to me, at least, also seems to be the case with WALL-E. I can’t see how they’d be able to make a sequel that wouldn’t feel unnecessary. I’d see it if they made one, certainly, I’d just be very disappointed if they were to make one.

Eh, I’m not really for Pixar (or any) sequels.

WALL-E just ended so well, I think a sequel would just be a burden.

A petition isn’t going to do any good for three reasons:

1. WALL-E ended perfectly and doesn’t need a sequel, just wait for BURN-E and the DVD, that should satisfy you for a long time.
  2. Pixar only does sequels if they have a story (developed in-house) that is better or equal to the original.
  3. Pixar does movies THEY want to see.
    So in conclusion, there’s no point for a petition. :slight_smile:

Even though I want to see M-O in action again I don’t think Wall-E is the film to make a sequal for. I don’t know how they could possibly beat the first one.

You can’t force Pixar to make another WALL•E if they didn’t want to. They only make what they would want to make.

Hmppfff. Well ok, we’ll reserve a spot for you at the sold-out Premiere of WALL-E2: Down to Earth in the front row, all the way to the left and actually on the tarmac somewhere over there, with a complimentary pillow and popcorn. Nice angle for viewing.

Surprising how many JohnnyColdwater’s responded to this idea for a sequel. They were almost as hostile to the idea as much as Eve was to anything that moved. It will really depend on how many good ideas Pixar has floating around that never got incorporated into the movie. And also if Wall-E gets some good nominations this spring. It’s hard to ‘force’ people to be creative. You could, I guess, hire some fatso’s and people carrying posters of the green plant symbol to scare Pixar employees in Emeryville. Or you could try the Kinder and Gentler approach and have a waving Wall-E and giggling Eve at the front gate.

Me, I learned my lesson when first heard of the concept of Wall-E earlier this year and scoffed at what a silly idea that was. Don’t assume that Pixar has no interest in this, its most critically acclaimed film, for a sequel.

I love, love, love WALL•E, but for now, I don’t want a sequel to be made. It would sort of ruin it, I think and there are other films (like The Incredibles) that need a sequel more. And it doesn’t seem like a “sequel” kind of movie. I’m sure Pixar could make a great sequel if they wanted, but it would sort of ruin the “specialness” for me. I would love to see the story ([spoil]and WALL•E and EVE’s time on Earth[/spoil]) visited in the form of comic books and other medium so we can see what happened after the movie.

DarkHandOfSigourneyWeaver- That’s a good idea for a title. :laughing:

But there is a difference between going out there and making a new, original film that has never been done before, and that people may not necessarily be expecting to be good, and making a sequel to a film that’s done this. I always had good feelings about WALL-E, mainly because it’s sci-fi, I guess, but I’d rather see another original film from Pixar than a sequel to a previous film.

It is just my opinion, though. As far as I can see, Pixar is gonna do whatever they like. :laughing:

If Mr. Stanton gets a good idea and wants to do it he’ll find a way to do it. Otherwise, it’s forcing him and can’t lead to anything good. Sorry, but I’ll pass.

Here’s why i think they’ll do a sequel…

Walle was a great film. It had a great storyline and ended very well. The publicity and fan support of Walle is too much…If word got out that Walle 2 was even possible i’m afraid that Pixar would be forced to do another one. The want for more Walle is great right now…its great. If they were to do a sequel the fans would be all behind it…

I think if they made a sequel for WALL-E it would need to focus on a different character and different themes, because WALL-E and EVE’s story has already been told. That being said, there would be no point in making a sequel because if they wanted to make a story about a different character they wouldn’t make it in the world of WALL-E. They would just create a new one. I don’t know if that makes any sense. :confused:

And I really don’t want Pixar to feel forced to make a sequel. It wouldn’t turn out very well. So unless Andrew Stanton really wants to make another one and knows exactly what he wants (like for the first one) he shouldn’t make another one.

Why does everyone think a petition is some sort of force? It’s just another part of a big equation. Oh it’s true the guy who is going to personally hand the petition over is named Johnny ‘Knuckles’ Bambino, and wears wide suits and happens to be one of the Chicago boys, but he has two adorable kids who loved Wall-E and he likes to get his way.

Seriously, I agree with a lot of what is being said here. Watching the credits for the movie, they were pretty much saying that Wall-E and Eve lived happily ever after, perhaps a century or two or even much longer than that. The story seemed to be all nice and tidy.

Still, it’s a big world out there, even a nearly empty one 700 years from now. And a big universe too… Who knows what ideas they have kicking around.