Alternative credits for Wall-E

First of all, hello everyone! I’m new here, so please cut me some slack if i’m doing anything wrong :wink:

I made this movie as an assignment for illustrator. What had to be nothing more than just a small .swf with 4 slightly different scenes, turned out to be somehow bigger, as I tend to be quite fanatic when it comes to assignments like these…
There is ofcourse still room for improvement, but to have made this in quite a short period of time, I can say I am satisfied with the result…
I drew out 19 different Wall-E’s, 4 Eve’s, 4 M-O’s, 4 McCrea’s, 1 AUTO, also quite some smaller parts from those characters, as well as the background, spaceship, and all other things you can see in the vid.

Hope you’ll enjoy!

swfcabin.com/open/1244635108

Greetz, Dieter

deschalli - That was quite cute, actually! My favorite bit is when EVE flies out of the spaceship. I also like such inventive sequences as the part where AUTO rearranges/alters the lettering in “Elissa Knight”, and when WALL-E is unceremoniously “smashed” by the words “Ben Burtt”. Nice work!

By the way, just out of curiousity, how long did it take you to complete this project, if I may ask?
– Mitch

Hey Mitch, thanks for the compliment!

It took me about five days to make this movie. This includes everything from sketching out the characters on paper, making a storyboard, to creating everything in illustrator and putting it all into a Flash movie. The first four days where very relaxed, but at day five I got more work done than I did during the two previous days.
This is the first movie worth mentioning that I made in Flash. I have done one before (a 3min cartoon about a motorcycle riding mouse) in Director MX2004 that took me a lot of time, but looking at the result that was nothing compared to this one.

Cheers, Dieter

deschalli - You’re most welcome!

Woah. Five days? Not bad. You probably did it a lot faster than I would have done it. I admire those who know how to work with Flash – I hate that program; I could never figure out how to work it properly. Kudos to you.

– Mitch

Except for Director and Flash I don’t have any experience with software to make animation clips, so it could very well be that there are better programs to do this :slight_smile: What do you usually use?
I am quite happy working with Flash, can be somehow chaotic at times, but it beats the hell out of Director!

This is a really unique and well done project. I can’t believe that you did this all yourself, and in five days. I would expect it to take longer. Wow man, you got a standing ovation from me. NIce work.

deschalli - Mmm. I see.

Oh, I never use Flash except when I wish to upload hand-drawn animation that I’ve done, and that’s rare. The only other time I experimented with it (and which accounts for why I know how to use the program, albeit to a very limited extent) was in a computer class that I took at a local college in my area, and that was a year or two ago. Coincidentally, I absolutely despised the class and, therefore, ended up hating Flash in the process. It’s a poor excuse for dissing the software itself, but the setup of the program in general doesn’t appeal to me regardless.

I’m glad you know how to use the darn thing, though! You know enough to make cool stuff like… like that! :wink:

– Mitch

Thanks to both of you :sunglasses:
I’ll make sure to put my next clip online too :wink:
Hopefully I can find some time during the summer

You are welcome deschalli. I can’t wait to see what else you have in store for us.

That was wicked-awesome! It’s what the credits for WALL-E would have been like if it was done in the same style as the credits for The Incredibles, aka The Incredits. Really cool stuff there. I hope to see more from you.

Stellar job man, it looks really great! I hope you show more of your stuff here in the future. If you plan on working in animation, you should try branching out to other software, maybe upload some tests or experiments and get some feedback. Flash is great for starting out, but it’s SO limited. I haven’t even used it myself, but you apparently know it quite well.

Once again, great job, I look forward to seeing more of your work! :smiley:

cool! make some more! make some more! being childish :smiley:

Thx a mille guys!
I would really like to make another in july, I was thinking about some short clips about wall-e characters. Could as well be another concept from another pixar movie. I’ll have to figure something out an draw it out on paper, hoping there will come something good out of it :smiley:
Next year I’m planning on taking a 3D & animation course at school, hopefully it will be worth the effort instead of being a waste of time.

Cheers, Dieter