Andy's dad....?

It’s been three movies and the identity of Andy and Molly’s father has not been revealed. As a kid, i always thought he was at work or something, but now that i think of it, there could have been more to it. Did the parents split? Looks like it. Your thoughts?

I think that Andy’s Dad died, and that’s why Woody is so important to Andy. Wait, if that’s true, then Andy would have surely kept woody? Oh i don’t know now… o_0

I can’t remember where i read it, but in a interview with someone from pixar(maybe lee unkrich?) they said that they let everyone have their own theory on Andy’s dad. I think they also said they didn’t want to animate another human in toy story 1 , so they just made models of Andy, Molly and Andy’s mother.

Also,Andy and Molly could have differnt fathers.

never heard !

We have a topic on this already: [url]Andy's Father? - Toy Story / Lightyear - Pixar Planet Forums

This always bothered me. It always felt like they were channeling either the one-parent story dynamic of Disney films (which Pixar always makes it a point to avoid that comparison) or Spielberg (which is always ripe for parody, but the TS series is not the venue for it).

Locking up. Please post in the existing thread.

:wink: