Animagusurreal's Artwork

I agree- the pink and black color combo on those animals look cool. And the Pegasus/Medusa style is absolutely fantastic and creative. :smiley:

Thanks, lizardgirl and bright dot-dasher. Glad you liked them :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Here’s a short little video I did in Adobe Premiere, with a picture of me that was taken at Easter.

Me thinking of ideas for artwork while my characters fly/run/jump by.

It’s probably going to become part of a larger video project eventually.

EDIT - Now with music! :slight_smile:

(Click on picture)

I spend waaay too long on my “real” artwork, but here are a couple things I did in one sitting.

Here’s a banner/collage thingy of various beaver characters, bookended by two versions of my own character, Remi Vitoux.

I’m writing an article on Warner Music Group (WMG) removing videos that use their music from YouTube. (One of my own videos was removed :stuck_out_tongue: , but there’s a lot to this issue). Anyway, this is just a silly image I did on the subject - the corporate giants battling it out as giant monsters, oblivious to the little YouTube users underfoot.

(According to my research, incorporation of YouTube and WMG logos should be covered under Fair Use as parody :slight_smile: )

Here’s a picture of my fantasy novel character Princess Prenzibeth, inspired by Kate Winslet, whom I imagine playing her in the “movie version :slight_smile:

(Read about her in Chapter Three of my fantasy novel :slight_smile: pixarplanet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3657 )

“The Bizarre and Wonderful Mind of Brent M. Parker”

An original short film about my artwork, writing, and fictional universes, with moving illustration style animation, including a surreal dream sequence and a fun musical finale. Also includes an on-camera interview with yours truly.

youtube.com/watch?v=IxoLvFYJ4Ok

That beaver banner is cool- I didn’t realise there were so many beaver characters out there! :laughing: I have to say, out of all the characters featured, I like the design of your own ones the best. I’ve heard about the whole YouTube thing, and your representation of what’s been happening is interesting. And your picture of Princess Prenzibeth (love the name, by the way!) is great as I love the whole not using outlines thing- it really makes the colours stand out.

Wow! I’m honored that you liked my designs the best out of all those beavers :slight_smile:

It’s funny, I never really thought about beaver characters much until I created Remi. I never thought about there being so many, either. That “Ipana” one I just found on Google, I guess he’s from an old toothpaste commercial from somewhere. The obscurest one is probably the Beaver Boys (chomping down the tree, upper left). They were in one episode of Ducktales, “Once Upon a Dime”.

I’m working on an original project involving superheroes and a supervillian. In the meantime, here are some more quickie text-and-screenshot banners. Can anyone name all the characters? :slight_smile: Hint: three of them were only in one episode of their respective shows, two others were only in two episodes of their respective shows, and (as you probably already see) one of them isn’t an animated character, but a book illustration.

None of my characters in these, but I’m thinking to do some banners specifically of my characters, as well as more pics in the style of the Prenzibeth picture (If only I could find the time! :slight_smile: ) (Glad to hear you liked her name, too Lizardgirl :slight_smile: )

I absolutely love your artwork! Its so unique but amaizing beautiful! Great job! :smiley:

^

Thank you very much! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I’m working on some more “animagusurreally” pictures, but in the meantime I’m experimenting with some additional different styles. Here is an anthro doberman pincer guard at a fog-shrouded secret base.

“Captured!”

For a larger, less blurry version, click here and then clock on the thumbnail:

animagusurreal.deviantart.com/ar … -121768018

On a city rooftop -

Damian Pound, a.k.a. “Barbell”, a Dalmatian supervillian with super strength, holds up unconscious superheroes Remi Vitoux/“Dammage” the beaver and Iris Deck/“Identity” the bloodhound. The heroes’ albatross teammate, Isabel Cruz/“Pratfall” ponders her next move She’s a stuntwoman with imperviousness-to-injury powers.

Don’t worry, she’ll save them, though I don’t know if I’ll actually get around to drawing that :wink:.

A vampire bat.

Your artwork is very stunning, very fantastic! The collection of beavers is amazing- I, too, didn’t know there were so many beaver characters out there. I love the “Heroes, Heroines, Villains, Villainesses” pieces and they look awesome as your signature, no lie. The doberman, “Captured!”, and the vampire bat are also amazing artwork. Keep it up.

^

bright-dot-dasher

Thank you for the wonderful comments! :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Remi Vitoux, my oft-drawn beaver-artist-superhero character, in my new alternative style.

I was originally going to have him holding his hero mask in his other hand, continuing the “duality” theme that runs through a lot of pictures of him, but it just didn’t look right.

It’s nice to draw him in a pleasant setting after the last picture I did of him, in which a supervillain had knocked unconscious and was dangling him upside-down by his tail (see “Captured!” above).

To see the many, many different looks Remi has sported in the past, check out this music video:

youtube.com/watch?v=cbLN6GtPT1w

Also, here’s a banner with various bat characters. As with the beaver banner, the images on the far left and far right were drawn by me:

My first fan banner to feature a Pixar character :slight_smile: :

A lot of new stuff to share :slight_smile:

“Ballad Quill in Repose”

My gryphon character Ballad relaxing. The background is comprised of two photos taken by my mother near where I live (combined and altered in Photoshop)

“Hippie Deer”

Something of a return to form for me :slight_smile:.

Another “Name that Character” banner:

The next to pics are recent photos of me with my characters inserted into them:

“The Real Animagurreal: Jam Session”

“The Real Animagusurreal: Beach Bum”

Well, the second one on the top row for your griffin banner is Griff from Gargoyles, I love that show!

Great stuff, you have a really unique, kind of organic style, brings out a different feel to your pictures. Your subjects seem a bit obscure, but the more you do, the better you get! :slight_smile:

^ Thanks!!! :slight_smile:

And yes, Griff is correct :slight_smile:.

Two surreal aliens reveal themselves to you on the pier in Pismo Beach, California.

Another pic with a Pismo Beach background, with Iris the bloodhound.

My Remi the beaver-artist-superhero was so exited by his trip to Disneyland he sculpted himself in the petrefied tree in Fronteirland. (Of course, immediately after this pic was taken, he used his powers to restore it to its natural state).

Here I am holding up an entire dracophant in outside the main gate of Disney’s California Adventure, and nobody is even looking! (Perhaps they know that they’re filled with heated gasses, like a hot air balloon.)

Me posing with “Roughshod” the cowboy outlaw horse.

Mom and a panther character of mine she particularly likes:

My friend Tomas on opening day of Toy Story Midway Mania at Disney’s California Adventure with a flamingo.

With Dobes Gillis, the doberman superhero.

A collage of various pieces (by myself and others) of my gryphon character Ballad Quill.

An action scene between skunk supervillainess Zoria Qumica and doberman superhero Dobes Gillis.

Egad! I’ve been away so long, my thread is on PAGE TWO of the forum! :open_mouth: :wink:

Fanart of DC/Warner Bros.’ Krypto the Superdog, in anthro form:

Bark Kent, newshound for the Doggy Planet, fading into Krypto:

Kryptax, the Bizarro Superdog (created by me):

Bizarro’s partner in crime, Bad Stitch:

My artist beaver character Remi Vitoux, wearing wooden armor as his superhero alterego, “Dammage”:

Animated GIF of Remi turning into Dammage:

CLICK HERE:

animagusurreal.deviantart.com/ar … -150598991

(won’t upload to ImageShack for some reason)

And finally, this is the first completed illustration for the children’s book that grew out of my “Escapia” novel concept.

Here are Sondrew Hayne the human and his best friend Ballad Quill the gryphon, having fun singing a “Sweet Song” in a clearing near the edge of the woods.

This is part of a sequence in which they sing several types of song (The forthcoming ones are Scary Songs, Silly Songs and Sad Songs.)

With this picture, I’m sort of trying to meld my old surreal, flat style with some new techniques I learned doing my (relatively) more realistic superhero artwork.

Teryx, the birdlike archaeopteryx from the 1980’s TV show Dinosaucers:

Doberman Superhero vs. Skunk Supervillainess part 2 (using his super parylizing bite on her):

Name That Character Fan Banner: Leopards and Panthers:

Ballad and Sondrew Picture Book Illustration #2:

Were-Unicorn II:

Streamline the surfer dude otter:

Streamline, Beast Boy edition (because Beast Boy’s voice actor Greg Cipes loves surfing)

Krypto’s cousin, Kassi the She-Superdog:

Oh my god, Stitch is RIPPED! :open_mouth: I wouldn’t want to tangle with that little fella. :smiley:

^

Yeah, imagine him lifting 3,000 times his own weight! Eventually I’ll probably do “good” Stitch, too :slight_smile:.