Animated Clowns

List as many animated clowns as you can. They can be from films or TV series and can be as commonplace or obscure as you like. Have fun with this; can’t wait to see what you come up with!

-Koko the Clown
-Krusty the Clown (plus Sideshow Bob and Sideshow Raheem: “I wouldn’t.”)
-the clowns in Dumbo (youtube.com/watch?v=2v8vUNF5LL4)
-the clown in Speed Racer “The Girl Daredevil” (youtube.com/watch?v=CTbbRUKa-xE)
-the mime in Tangled (assuming mimes count as clowns…maybe not?)
-The Joker in Batman: The Animated Series (and maybe Harley Quinn?)
-Bugs Bunny in “Acrobatty Bunny” (youtube.com/watch?v=HBZ45W1hfWk)

Chuckles the Clown, also!! Also Bomb Voyage, and the clown bugs on A Bug’s Life.

Steve, you won epic bonus points for mentioning BTAS.

Clowns. How they creep me out.

I’ve known many people to fear or be uncomfortable around clowns. But they never bothered me.

^I feel like the only person who thinks this! :open_mouth: Just average, run-of-the-mill circus clowns (and not fictional killer clowns 8D ) aren’t even the slightest bit unnerving to me. Really.

No, me too. They don’t make me nervous at all, except serial killers, as you said. Did you know Pennywise the clown was based on John Wayne Gacy?

Can we please get back on topic? :smiley:

Isn’t there a clown in the Simpsons?

JustSteve already mentioned Krusty.

Krusty was the first animated clown that came to my mind.

I love Krusty. Oh, and Sideshow Bob :wink:

My bad, I thought that was Spongebob. 8D Sorry, I don’t watch the simsons. i just thought there was a clown.

Didn’t Garfield have a clown? What was his name, Binky? Yeah… heh. I never saw the Garfield cartoon though, I only read the comics.

Hahahaha…clowns are funny to watch :smiley:

Don’t forget Andy’s Clown from Toy Story and Toy Story 2 who also shows up as an easter egg in Monsters, Inc. Also, there are some psycho clowns from Andrew Stanton’s “A Story” if any of you have checked that out.

I don’t’ know if this would count, but the mime from Animaniacs.

From “Mime Time”? I forgot all about that segment. Of course, I didn’t grow up with the show and only discovered it recently.

Yep! That show was integral to my childhood. I’m glad that it’s still gaining new fans.

Here’s a gang not mentioned before, or at least not in detail.

It’s interesting, because during the production of Dumbo, the Disney Strikes happened. A lot of artists went on strike because Walt wouldn’t recognize the unions. Walt felt very betrayed and hurt.

Remember those creepy clowns from Dumbo? The ones that got drunk and went to “Ask the big guy for a raise?”. They were caricatures of the striking Disney artists.