Anyone else thinks kids channels suck today?

You’re both right about the NYC influence. But no Chicago or San Francisco, and there are personal reasons for the city influences.

Hey Arnold! takes place in the fictional American city of Hillwood.

Craig Bartlett stated in an interview that the city on the show is based on large northern cities, which includes Seattle (his hometown), Portland, Oregon (where he went to art school) and New York City (from which many landmarks were borrowed).

Remember Mr. Smith, they mysterious guy? I also liked Mr. Simmons.

Pixarmilan said to me that he heard of the show but now I sort of remember that I did see ads and stuff. :confused:

Watched some Are you Afraid of the Dark clips on youtube.

I remember the Old Boomerang. I remember shows like Top Cat, Tom and Jerry, The Flinstones and my favorite, Wacky Races. I miss getting up at 5am to watch those shows…

I remember Boomerang too! That WAS my station for the longest time.

Same! I loved it! But now, they never air those shows… :frowning:

I don’t get Boomerang anymore. The when I was in the airport in Missouri last Summer, they were playing Boomerang and the Jetsons was airing.

Oh my Gosh! The Jetsons! How could I forget! :astonished:

You guys should check out The Hub. Besides a very famous pastel-coloured miniature equine series targeted at little girls and grown men, they have rebooted other childhood favourites like Littlest Pet Shop (which I’ve now started on), Pound Puppies, Carebears, Transformers, and Strawberry Shortcake.

They have old favourites like Sabrina The Teenage Witch, Animaniacs (God, I loved that show as a kid) and Goosebumps. And they showed the old Batman series which had Bane in it (I forgot the name) back when The Dark Knight Rises came out.

It’s basically Nostalgia Central for any 90s kid, but you get to see your old shows REBORN in contemporary art styles and plots!

I wish I had cable primarily just so I could watch the Hub. What they’re doing reminds me a lot of what Cartoon Network and Nickelodeon were able to do in their glory days. Do they still air Jem and the Holograms there, too?

Oh man the Hub is the bomb. That channel is my fix. But, other than that and phineas and Ferb, I despise children’s television.

I only watch the Hub for the occasional Animaniacs. Do they still play Meerkat Manor?

Oh my gosh! I LOVE Meerkat Manor! I cried so many times :`-(

^I know! Definitely my favorite soap opera!

I used to be one of those Cranky Kongs who were like ‘back in my day, everything was better, nehhh!’ and refused to watch any modern cartoon.

but then I found out about modern Cartoon Network and all my doubts just flew away. Regular Show, Adventure Time, and The Amazing World of Gumball are all among my favourite cartoons of all time. Of all time! Still annoyed that channels such as Disney XD and Nickelodeon seem to primarily air these unfunny kid-sitcoms lately, though. They’re all the same in my eyes, but that’s just me! I love their animated stuff, though.

Here in the Netherlands, we also have Pebble TV, a channel that shows all kinds of old shows, among which cartoons (even showing some in English with subtitles, which is rare these days!) and while they’re awesome, they could use more variation.

Funny enough, when I was around 9-14 years, I didn’t care about cartoons at all. Instead I preferred to watch Animal Planet. It did end up with me knowing a lot of useless animal trivia in the end! But now they replaced Animal Planet with TLC here and it saddens me…

Nickelodeon has produced it’s worst production since Fanboy and Chum Chum. It’s called Nick studio 10, it’s just some idiot teens making unfunny skits and music vidoes on Spongebob commercial breaks. One of them called “Fart in a Jar”. They cliam their going for the teen/adult demographic, because me and every other adult want to watch something called “Fart in a Jar”, way a go Nick, you have completly lost it. From wait I heard it’s not doing to well.

No channel has lost anything! If someone likes something, they havent failed. I actually remember something similar to that show playing in the mid-2000s during comercial breaks, so maybe it’s trying to be like that? Also, I’m not trying to be rude, but isnt it a little harsh to call someone an idiot just because of their acting?

I sometimes watch Fanboy and Chum Chum. Not the best thing ever but I can stand it enough to take a break from things like Victorious :unamused:

I don’t think that kids channels suck today…They are just a source of entertainment.